Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Leveling Areas and dynamic leveling

With the whole concept of static starter and leveling areas being the complete antithesis of the node system and AoC game design.  Will there be some sort of dynamic leveling of PVE content to account for player character level (or lack thereof, so that new players can level in the general vicinity of where they intend to settle with out having to move halfway across the map once max level is reached?

Comments

• That last part about node interacting with other nodes sounds very interesting to me.
  • I think the idea of having different levels of mobs in a zone is good. It's more realistic and natural. Please stay away from dynamically adjusting the levels of mobs - nothing ruins a game more than a lvl 50 forest bunny. Keeping mobs at fixed levels helps tie them in to any lore with no inconsistencies, and it's more fun having to venture out to search for tough monsters.
  • Seems great like monsters are going to be a resource almost. Feels like there will be contests for killing high level mobs for more exp. As long as respawns are random level as well and not the same, otherwise there will be farming locations for high exp
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    You need adaptive bosses to ovecome that kind of farming. Normally bosses are predictable which enables tailor made builds to farm them. Make them unpredictable and no one can make tailor made builds.

That would require; i. Collecting player build types and adapting its skill set to counter. ii. collecting place or time and varying skill set to suit. iii. using other factors to pick from a list of skills to deploy in any fight.

The bigger the bosses skill set, and the less of them deployed for any fight, the greater the change in boss mechanics.
    Seems great like monsters are going to be a resource almost. Feels like there will be contests for killing high level mobs for more exp. As long as respawns are random level as well and not the same, otherwise there will be farming locations for high exp