Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Flying Mounts

2»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    Let's hope they stick with it. 

The power of doing one's own research...mind blowing I know.
  • Options
    Honestly very happy to hear that these are the plans for the flight mounts. WoW just showed the long term effects of such mounts, so I'll be happy with my 4 legged companions!
  • Options
    One thing I am hoping to be a mechanic for the few flying mounts to be in the game is that you can get knocked off your mount by an archer or something and if you are over  a pit you just fall to your death :smile:

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, no flight. It would turn into a debacle. Hopefully, they will stick to this plan and not cave once the game goes live. Granted, portals can be put in eventually when the world gets too large to rationally run everywhere but that is down the road.
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    Please, both gods of Verra and desires of IS, do not let there be widespread flying mounts...

• Options
    I too hope they stick to their guns, and not have it be like WoW for example, where even the "rare" mounts become increasingly less rare. Especially further down the line, with possible future expansions etc.
  • Options
    limited pvp flight? 1 word "catapult" !
  • Options
    Fyziks said:
    limited pvp flight? 1 word "catapult" !
    YES!! Make it a common thing. OMFG I would pay people to launch me across the map. DO IT NOW!! YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley:

• Options
    I hope there wont be flying mounts other then the kings/queens mounts!
  • Options
    ...also mayors.
  • Options
    It will be a max of 10 people at any given time. 5 metros and 5 pvp castles. There may be some timed use epic dropped eggs that will take time to hatch, be usable for probably a month, then die. The title of king/queen/mayor is up to the individual node. Call yourself The Grand Twit if you want, the title is up to you, the mechanic of who gets the mount is not.
  • Options
    I've not been a fan of flying mounts in most games that have had them.  Having a flying mount just invalidates entire swaths of the landscape.  The only exceptions for flying in an MMO that I haven't minded have been when it's in the form of a taxi between 2 set points.  I loved the griffon towers in EQ2.  They could get you from place to place quickly but it was between set points.  You couldn't go free range and fly anywhere with it.  And you had to cross the land in person first and discover a tower before you could fly to it.
  • Options
    We need more.butterflies and moths