Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character Progression-Theorycraft

Hello All,

Character progression is something that I care a lot about in my MMORPG's. Having a character that I can develop is a big part of a game for me. The way AoC adds the element of node progression is a revolutionary twist to the genre. My question to you, my fellow AoC fans, is how would you like character development to proceed?

Comments

• Options
    If any game could have a combination of D&D with how in-depth spells and talents are with the flexibility of a chose your own adventure game where you can find new spells and abilities or even better combine spells to make your own that only you have, I would say that would be the best MMO over 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    Slow-:Level Progression.
    less emphasis on Gear
    • In Some MMOs, Gear is the sole-deciding factor ... which sucks big time
    Horizontal Progression
    • Starting-off with a variety of was to " train your character " . ThenBeing able to in-depth in each of those varieties
    •  
    finding abilities ( kudos to @nagash
    No mission trackers/ no quests markers above NPCs Head ... or any other indicator
    Crafting Abilities ( like Alchemy & WitchCraft )

EDIT: i could definitely add-on to this too

In short, i see Ashes of Creation being a slow-paced game. Combat being Mid-paced, but slightly favoring Slow-pace ( at the beginning of the game ... not like FFXIV ). I think Ashes will promote Exploration mainly due to how Nodes are ( one of ) the Main Attraction of the MMORPG. I can definitely see " some downtime " being a thing too . But due to how Sporadic everything will be , i don't think it'll be predictable & dull.

I will say that i STILL think the Guild Fair & Early Guild Recruitment might've ruin the aspect of ... " no factions = Players choose their Allegiance/ Allies. But its was alright