Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

For people who want to try and make Gifs / Fan art.

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited May 2018 in Fan Art
Just wanted to pass this along when I first came to the forums I saw a lot of amzing signatures with Gifs and tried out a lot of apps and software out there to create my own.

I found Gimp to be a great option if people wanted to try making fan art transparency art or their own gifs.

It's a free app that allows you to add transparency to images and make gifs. Takes some time to learn to use but once you do it's actually quite easy there are a lot of how to videos out there.

I'm no pro at Photoshop and had no previous knowledge of how to make transparencies or gifs prior to making my Signature, it's a combination of many different images where transparencies were added and over layed then gifs added in the final process.

Not going to add a link as it may break forum rules but just Google Gimp it's an easy search. I think a lot of people will be surprised to what they can create with it.

These are the separate images I modified and combined for the final product.

Comments

• 'Ye did an amazing job for just diving into it for the first time, @Dorje !  Well done!
  • I agree, well done @Dorje and thanks for the heads up. LOL @Rumbleforge, looking at yours it reminded me of "insightfuls". That was a while ago now.....I miss being insightful.
  • Kratz said:
    I agree, well done @Dorje and thanks for the heads up. LOL @Rumbleforge, looking at yours it reminded me of "insightfuls". That was a while ago now.....I miss being insightful.
    I agree with you but I cant show it ^^
  • nagash said:
    Kratz said:
    I agree, well done @Dorje and thanks for the heads up. LOL @Rumbleforge, looking at yours it reminded me of "insightfuls". That was a while ago now.....I miss being insightful.
    Those days were like the "Old West" for the forum.  We had a gold rush of badges, an arms race of graphical signatures, and the hype train was dropping off Ashes pioneers every hour of the day.  We were forging our own forum culture through willpower and humor!  

I know it wasn't all that long ago, all things considered, but man, that was a fun period of time wasn't it? ;)
  • nagash said:
    Kratz said:
    Those days were like the "Old West" for the forum.  We had a gold rush of badges, an arms race of graphical signatures, and the hype train was dropping off Ashes pioneers every hour of the day.  We were forging our own forum culture through willpower and humor!  

I know it wasn't all that long ago, all things considered, but man, that was a fun period of time wasn't it? ;)
    yeah, I miss those times. I just wish the forums got as much love as the discord.
  • Hello @Dorje i have downloaded the app and try it me self , i do not know how easy because i got lost in it..... i have seen it even more difficult than Photoshop.. me opinion :smile: