Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Critical Damage

I hate luck when it comes to active combat. When I 1v1 with my best friends a critical hit can ruin an awsome duel.
Personally I think that in order to deal critical dmg a player should activate certain conditions. That would make it trully skillful. 
Or critical damage should be restricted so that if you are dealt critical dmg you were not careful and you deserve to lose you noob.

The options bellow are not rly biased rather I wanna see if we can try to give a direction to the devs on how to make AoC unique.

Comments

• I was going to make a speed/crit build at some point so yeah :3
  • Critical damage is sure a thing to be implemented. Everyone likes to deal bonus dmg :D. I don't like the RNG stuff, but as a combo or when certain conditions are met (rooted, stunned), or class dependant (rogues from behind dmg)
  • I never really play crit builds so I dont mind how it works 
  • The characters have 3 hit boxes I think: head, chest, legs. Feels like a crit could be activated by hitting the head.
  • I dont mind RNG crits based on stats, but I welcome good combo/satisfy certain conditions system for crits since if well done its superior system.
  • The last option would make sense because if ure out of breath u will more likely fail defense.

The head shot way like ramundha mentioned would also seem solid.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Ravudha said:
    The characters have 3 hit boxes I think: head, chest, legs. Feels like a crit could be activated by hitting the head.
    This is correct

In one of the recent reviews from @DeathsProxy he confirmed from Steven that there will be the three seperate hitboxes. Head hitboxed will be harder to get but have a higher damage modifier. Hitting in the legs I *Think* has a snare effect with damage (That could have just been speculation from Proxy Im thinking about) and the main body hit box with normal damage. 

I'm not sure critical damage is implemented other than those ways. But maybe steven or Jeff in Discord could answer those if they have time. @gb1990gaming
  • This question is critical.^^
  • Ravudha said:
    The characters have 3 hit boxes I think: head, chest, legs. Feels like a crit could be activated by hitting the head.
    This is correct

In one of the recent reviews from @DeathsProxy he confirmed from Steven that there will be the three seperate hitboxes. Head hitboxed will be harder to get but have a higher damage modifier. Hitting in the legs I *Think* has a snare effect with damage (That could have just been speculation from Proxy Im thinking about) and the main body hit box with normal damage. 

I'm not sure critical damage is implemented other than those ways. But maybe steven or Jeff in Discord could answer those if they have time. @gb1990gaming
    The Hitbox thing is confirmed for that Iteration, but as stated in the video, the CC thing was merely a suggestion on a unique take of CC.
  • If there are going to be critical hit boxes, should there not be a fourth box for those very rare critical hits between the legs?
    Who fights fair when your life is in danger!