Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

I Dreampt of a cursed armor of legend

I had a dream last night  it had elders fighting and bickering over a legend of cursed armor in the legend they told of gauntlets the baror who wore these gauntlets was given great power but as they use them it would feed on their life no priest May heal it no  potion mended the only way that the bearer of the curse could Revitalize themselves is by ending the life of another sentient being only then would be gauntlets hunger be satiated and your life be given back to you but the gauntlets were not the only ones now that we're more.

next came the helmet the helmet was stifling you can learn nothing while wearing it it was like it took your knowledge from you any experience that you had it was gone but in return you could learn a single spell or ability outside of your realm of expertise secure great Paladin you may be able to cast a fireball or barred who could raise the Dead so if you could learn nothing anyway or you knew all that you could you would cost your own memories to cast that spell meaning things that you had replacing the helmet on could be lost could have been a great warrior but as you continue to cast fireballs you forgot how to swing your sword or holy man forgets their God left with no memories at all no experiences and so you'd be no different from a small child.

moving forward we get to the leggings of the armor Great and Powerful they allowed the bearer to run for long distances without  fatiguing Anne Archer could all the ball or fire many arrows before feeling its effects through this one's curse is not quite as horrendous but you could not consume anything you could not consume food or drink or potion those who wear the leggings more often than not starve to death for they do not kill themselves fatigue and so they are most often found on the weathering corps.

next is the chest piece the chess piece gives the wear great bounce of life it is said that he may even have eternal life though that is that is debated but what is noun is that once a man took a spear through the chest into his heart and still it beat the man laid flat on a nursing bed still breathing still alive but I'm moving the gaping hole closed and what time the doctors in the nurses could hear a heartbeat a proper one what it was before it is unknown if get suffered more damages if he would have died but what is known is it at least doubled his vitality you may ask at what cost does immortality bring immortality has a cost the bearer of the chest piece would have no coin as for every time he went into combat and he would get paid he could be seen placing coins on to the chest the coins then becoming the scales upon the armor is that that the armor takes a fee and that for saving the man's life from the Spearhead it took every coin he had or ever would have had until the day he died

Those are only the pieces of the armor that we know about there are rumors that there is a weapon but no one can decide on what it is others say it is a sword that steals Souls and  allows them to rise and fight other than it is a wand or staff similarly it is said that it control the dead Beasts of the land Rising them from the ground one set story says but it is a dagger that once struck by it those who feel it's played slice their flesh only have one day to live but none of these have been proven true or false I've been enough and counters for each to be said to be true or others being said be contrary one story is that people have seen the same man using all of them in different times not all at once so we do not know even now the rumors of rain rumors of shoulder pads but nothing substantial.

So why am I telling you this this is just a silly dream of mine well I believe that it would fit particularly well within the world of Ashes creation one thing that I have not told you cuz that when all the cursed pieces that long to be brought back together or a dorm on the same person their curses are lifted meaning you could be a person with double your health that just so happens to know a spell that nobody from your kit that's from any other class that doesn't seem to run out of stamina or in the case of a mage run out of Mana very quickly this could be possible but any who kill you can steal them it would certainly be legendary items how you would find them nobody can say only one set with exist and anyone who's seen with it I have an eternal Target on their back that's the final curse those who have it will be eternally sought after and will have to look over their shoulder for the next Contender who thinks that they can kill them the weapon if it exists Works differently  it holds Dominion over the Dead in one way or another it's cost I do not know to be honest I didn't get that far into the dream I'm surprised that I remembered it has vividly as I do but I wanted to ask your opinion I think that this legendary works armor and possibly the weapon could work brilliantly you have to have every piece in order to break the curse and even if you do your left a permanent Target it just because you have every piece doesn't mean you can't be killed because let's face it even if you have the chess piece somebody's going to have a really brilliant way of destroying your health I'm not sure if the chess piece would also give regeneration I would think so but who knows maybe the balancing of it be left up to the devs most likely at least

Gauntlets: gives abilities a % Damage bonus but each and use of a skill  will diminish your health bar your maximum health if you start at 100 health and you use an ability that's a powerful strike that powerful strike ability would cost you part of your maximum health your maximum health would go down from 100 to 95 if you tried using a health potion you would only go to 95 if you took damage let's say to 50  health well you could heal up to 95 not 100 taking off the gauntlets will not change it you must lay another player if you are killed they can take the gauntlets and so passes on the curse but you are able to go back up to 100 health because the curses then passed on to the new person

Helmet:  ailments ability is fairly simple allows you to pick a single skill from any other class spec so if you wanted to raise a Skellington you could without being a necromancer but every time you at Skellington you would lose experience nor would you gain any experience while adventuring or completing quests meaning if you use the abilities enough you could  lose all your experience and progress towards your next level but if your max level that doesn't seem like a big problem now does it well that's where you're wrong it could drop you down a level Now  that would be horrible final levels are quite often very grindy

Leggings:  write the leggings they would provide extra stamina regeneration or Mana regeneration or Conjuring it could just double your stamina or men of our whichever is more manageable they seem pretty straightforward cannot eat or consume anything so potions food elixirs whatever drinks water none of it meaning unless you can heal yourself you can't pop a potion and in a battle Generally it's not the worst curse but it would be hindering enough

chest piece:  next is the chess piece again this one is fairly straightforward  It's kind of a job at pay to win on this case the chess piece would essentially double your health and give you a bit of regeneration making you a juggernaut not unkillable though but it comes at a cost coins dropped by mobs or given by Quest Rewards  it will take half of it and for every day that you have the chest at least equipped you will have a set fee if the fee is not paid the chest piece will not work It would be no different from an average piece of armor no particularly great stats on it actually it would be fairly generic something you would most likely vendor off I believe that the other armor pieces wouldn't have much better stats individually to make up for It

as for how the armor looks I would say that it would pay homage to something similar to Arthas is armor from Warcraft 3  whenever he kills his father with metal skulls embedded into the armor and adorned as trimmings as for the rest of it I believe that it should look good on just about any class maybe a skirt as part of the leggings to give a bit of a mage feel but who knows Stephen or any of the other Developers think it's a good idea great call me I'm i the discord

Comments

• I think that's an awesome dream and a really good idea for the game! Bravo!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    One of the things that always stuck with me from long ago, that seemed to stand out to me, was found in the 'Pool of Radiance - Ruins of Myth Draenor'.
    There was a black ring and a white ring....

Aasiraks Ebony Twin Ring of Power (Unusually heavy black band)
    Cast Finger of Death level 25
    STR +5
    MOVEMENT -40
    AC +5
    DEX -5
    INITIATIVE +5
    ALL SAVING THROWS -5
    WEIGHT 250

Aasiraks Ivory Twin Ring of Power (Unusually Light white band)
    Cast Heal Level 20
    STR -5
    MOVEMENT +40
    AC -5
    DEX +5
    INITIATIVE -5
    ALL SAVING THROWS +5
    WEIGHT -249

http://www.gamebanshee.com/poolofradianceromd/equipment/rings.php#null

One would curse, cripple, encumber you, but also give you good bonuses.
    One would make you weak, unprotected, but also gave you good bonuses.
    The things is neither was usable, unless you managed to find its twin.

Think they may have been onto something here ;)
    edited September 2018
    What skill is it that let's you remember those little details ? Great work :3
  • Great read @Kuyo_Blackstone! Thank you for sharing :)
  • @Rune_Relic those are some really cool rings also is that a game that is still playable? hehe if its free or something I would try it out tho if it cost any money then I would try to get a pack for ashes :3 if I can save up that, is
  • As a roleplayer and lover of all things grim this is perfect ^^
  • @Rune_Relic those are some really cool rings also is that a game that is still playable? hehe if its free or something I would try it out tho if it cost any money then I would try to get a pack for ashes :3 if I can save up that, is
    lol. tbh I have no idea if its even playable on modern hardware any more.
    Might be able to grab a modern steam version or something.
    Its like nearly 20 years ago :tongue:
    Sighs...dont make them like they used to.
    It was a really engrossing game for the time actually.
  • sunfrog said:
    I think that's an awesome dream and a really good idea for the game! Bravo!
    thank you i hope someday one of the devs might see this X3
    What skill is it that let's you remember those little details ? Great work :3
    I really don't know I remember most of my dreams and on rare occasions, I get continuations of the same dreams but its like time has passed in them while I was awake I like to make stories based around what I remember of those stories  

Kratz said:
    Great read @Kuyo_Blackstone! Thank you for sharing :)
    thank you kindly. I'm glad you enjoyed it !
    edited September 2018
    nagash said:
    As a roleplayer and lover of all things grim this is perfect ^^
    @nagash  im the same way i really wish i hadn't missed the necromancer pack last year im still beating my self up for not being able to get it i find beauty in the darkness i love bones and twisted unloved things  hehe given the chance i would command the zerg or the dead not for the power of it but for its beauty. i hope i have been clear and not confusing X3 

• nagash said:
    @nagash  im the same way i really wish i hadn't missed the necromancer pack last year im still beating my self up for not being able to get it i find beauty in the darkness i love bones and twisted unloved things  hehe given the chance i would command the zerg or the dead not for the power of it but for its beauty. i hope i have been clear and not confusing X3 

you know you just put a smile on my face ^^
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:

You found a kindred soul, I'm so happy for you :'(
  • nagash said:
    @nagash yay im glad i could make you smile X3
  • interesting concept.
  • @JCPGAMING thank you means quite a bit to know people like it

• Loving it!!!! It is something new for once please keep dreaming like that^^!