Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Ashes of Creation Roleplay [Unofficial RP Community]

Hello everyone!

I am Halgrave, an avid RP-PVPer, and I am part of a project that we intend to become a hub of sorts specifically for Role Players of Ashes of Creation. We present <a>Ashes of Creation Roleplay</a>, an Unofficial RP Community site geared toward players and guilds alike who want to gather and share content, be it characters, journals, public events, or whatever! With this site we will be attempting to gather RPers and guilds alike from across the regions so they can have one place focused entirely on their RP experience and those they might meet outside of their guilds. We have a Discord channel and are always looking for on-site suggestions as to how we can improve, but this is to be considered our launch post. If you join up on the site, feel free to post your comments here to generate buzz and get those less outspoken RPers to crawl out and partake! Thanks for reading and we hope to see you there!

Comments

• I think that Halgrave said it more eloquently than I could have, but I'm also very excited for the potential for RP in Ashes. I hope that everyone's that interested - whether you've been involved in RP in the past, or are wanting to try it out - will find it to be a warm, welcoming home.

Also, I like murdering people and taking their stuff.
  • I've been looking for a hub site for RP, sign me up!
  • I've been looking for a hub site for RP, sign me up!
  • I was hunting around, trying to figure out if there was anyone who'd asked previously -- you know, so I didn't begin another thread on an already-discussed topic -- and I found you guys?

My question is simply -- do we know if there is a mechanic for us to have a dedicated RP server? Not necessarily through the game, but through groups of people agreeing that "SERVER X" will be the unofficial RP server.

Also, was wondering whether or not the KS server is a mandatory server for us to use ... or am I misunderstanding how this works? Might as well ask, and get this ball rolling, yes?

Ciao!
  • [quote quote=14560]My question is simply — do we know if there is a mechanic for us to have a dedicated RP server? Not necessarily through the game, but through groups of people agreeing that “SERVER X” will be the unofficial RP server.

Also, was wondering whether or not the KS server is a mandatory server for us to use … or am I misunderstanding how this works? Might as well ask, and get this ball rolling, yes?

Ciao!

[/quote]

So far there has been no confirmation of a dedicated "RP" tag for servers, therefore we hope that enough RPers will join this community (the link broke in the original post and editing topics tends to erase them, so the actual link can be found in our Sigs below! ) that we can make decisions like that among those dedicated RPers that would like to.

I am not sure what you mean by KS Server.
  • [quote quote=14567]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/ashes-of-creation-roleplay-unofficial-rp-community-4/#post-14560" rel="nofollow">Isende wrote:</a></div>
    My question is simply — do we know if there is a mechanic for us to have a dedicated RP server? Not necessarily through the game, but through groups of people agreeing that “SERVER X” will be the unofficial RP server.

Also, was wondering whether or not the KS server is a mandatory server for us to use … or am I misunderstanding how this works? Might as well ask, and get this ball rolling, yes?

Ciao!

</blockquote>
    So far there has been no confirmation of a dedicated “RP” tag for servers, therefore we hope that enough RPers will join this community (the link broke in the original post and editing topics tends to erase them, so the actual link can be found in our Sigs below! ) that we can make decisions like that among those dedicated RPers that would like to.

I am not sure what you mean by KS Server.

[/quote]

Greetings, all! I'm extremely gladdened to have happened upon this thread! I was hoping there was a focal point for potential dedicated RP'ers for AoC! I'll attempt to join the discord, and look forward to enlightening conversations, story telling, lore discussions, and the like!

Also, in regards to the last post,, I believe "KS" is in reference to "Kick Starter" servers, for those who donated and gained early access. If I'm not mistaken.
  • [quote quote=14560]

Ciao!

[/quote]

No, it's not mandatory at all! We're hoping to serve as the hub for all of the different roleplaying guilds /and/ unguilded roleplayers. There's a few of us that I know will be testing during the Alpha, and I'm sure that we'll probably get together at some point to 'test' out the RP mechanics, but I wouldn't say that being a part of those is necessary at all. I hope that answers your question - Feel free to stop by our Discord to chat, too.
  • Do tell me if anyone is having issues accessing the site or the discord!
  • Thanks all for the information! I'll be getting a bit more into it as I have time; I work evenings and won't really have time to start diving down til Sunday. Look forward to interacting with you all!

OH! And by the way, dear forum dev peoples ... can we please have a "like" button or sumthin' like that? There are so many good pieces of info and responses I'd just love to like the heck outta!
  • Cound me in!

I would love to get in to some RP in this game. Has there been any word on how servers will work yet? I looked at the FAQ but didn't see anything. I'm hoping for an RP specific server, even if those tend to attract more non-roleplayers for some reason.
  • [quote quote=16407]Cound me in!

I would love to get in to some RP in this game. Has there been any word on how servers will work yet? I looked at the FAQ but didn’t see anything. I’m hoping for an RP specific server, even if those tend to attract more non-roleplayers for some reason.

[/quote]
    No word on how many or what servers could be, but my guess we'll be making a server an unofficial RP server.
  • Sounds good, just joined up; I'll be sure to grab the Discord in due time as well.
  • Haven't been on this forum in a bit. Glad to see we have some spark!

I feel this type of commuity project will be extremely important.

Many MMO's pre-launch gain [InsertGameName]-RP.com so we can help select a server.

For Ashes, as much as I love the direction of the game... The design style it has I feel server 'Styles' will be dictated by the communities that build on them. Examples being a server which is constantly warring between Nodes would draw more PvPers, VS a server heavy in progression and destroying nodes only to unlock more progression would primarily be PvErs.

I see this being pivotal for us RPers to unite early to claim a server as ,unlike in other games, our early foundation will literally shape the server we play on. That and help us build all the shameless Taverns, Magic Schools, Vampire Dens... That we so crave!

...I jest.

Count me in on this project. As an avid RPer who has turned to tabletop the past 5-6 years for the RP fix I really do hope Ashes has that spark to get RP readily available at my fingertips like it once was with the backing of an excellent game system for expression and fun.
  • Hey folks, Halgrave here.

This project has been growing steadily, and I wanted to give a brief update to show it. If you are in search of a place to find other RPers that does not involve having to join a guild, this is certainly a place to do it and we hope you'll join us!
  • Count me in.
  • Hi everyone, thanks for the support! Keep up the hype! :D *thumbs up*
  • Happy to have you Skafftaruss!
  • Just to give this thread a good old healthy bump, we've been getting more and more folks visiting the site, and would like to extend our thanks in helping us make this project a reality. For those of you interested, we look forward to seeing you online!
  • Goodie, I've been looking around for an RP community. I feel like Ashes can be a perfect playground for role-playing, with no-Faction system and nodes that can be developed by players.
  • Just saying /Roll was just confirm yesterday. Bed and chair interaction a few days ago...

Everything an RPer needs right? Hah. I really think it'll shape up to be a decent game for us.

I still think we need to band together and claim an 'RP' server much like other communities like Reddit will.
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/ashes-of-creation-roleplay-unofficial-rp-community-4/#post-14560">Isende wrote:</a></div>I was hunting around, trying to figure out if there was anyone who’d asked previously — you know, so I didn’t begin another thread on an already-discussed topic — and I found you guys?

My question is simply — do we know if there is a mechanic for us to have a dedicated RP server? Not necessarily through the game, but through groups of people agreeing that “SERVER X” will be the unofficial RP server.

Ciao!

</blockquote>

As many stated before, it had been confirmed by Steven Sariff that tehre will be no official RP server. But he also added, and I found that interesting, that he was hoping to see roleplayers spreads in all servers as Roleplayers give that extra immersion for all players.

In any case, while not being a roleplayer anymore (take too much time :P) I entirely support any initiative taken by the Roleplay community. I think that Roleplayers, and "Relaxed Players" (also named Carebears sometimes) could support each others and invest one or several servers to offer to the community a save heaven to experience Ashes of Creation in a different way.
    I believe that Relaxed Players, even though are not always active roleplayers, they share the same desire of being left alone doing their own business, and both type of players can beneficiate each other greatly.
  • Heya guys!

I'm not a Roleplayer (anymore) but I would like to add my support to the project!

Steven Sariff precised that there will be no official Roleplay server, as he hope to see some active Roleplay spread accross all servers.
    I however think that for Roleplayers it's important to build a safe heaven where they can build their community without being bothered by too competitive Non RP guilds.

I don't know if it will be ever necessary, but I'm planing with my boyfriend to organise something for Relaxed, Laid Back (sometimes called Carebear players) and while relaxed players are not always active roleplayers, it's a kind of playerbase that combine nicely with the Roleplay Community. We could maybe combine our effort in future.

Do not hesitate to contact me on Discord (or my Discord). Or check our video <strong>Ashes of Creation explained for relaxed Players</strong>
    Links in my signatures :)
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/ashes-of-creation-roleplay-unofficial-rp-community-4/page/2/#post-28758">LedgeTheOrc wrote:</a></div>Just saying /Roll was just confirm yesterday. Bed and chair interaction a few days ago…

Everything an RPer needs right? Hah. I really think it’ll shape up to be a decent game for us.

I still think we need to band together and claim an ‘RP’ server much like other communities like Reddit will.

</blockquote> Hopefully that means laying down on the ground too.
  • When the forums got copied over, they completely removed my link.  These new forums are extremely clunky but I'll post the plain text to the link in this comment:  The link to the RP community is aocrp.shivtr.com and we have indeed been steadily growing!  We have a discord as well, so please check us out if you are a roleplayer or -interested- in roleplaying but have never tried it.  We have a lot of nice people lurking around that would have no problem helping out!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Delete
    edited June 2017
    Delete
    edited June 2017
    Delete
  • Halgrave said:
    Hello everyone!

I am Halgrave, an avid RP-PVPer, and I am part of a project that we intend to become a hub of sorts specifically for Role Players of Ashes of Creation. We present Ashes of Creation Roleplay, an Unofficial RP Community site geared toward players and guilds alike who want to gather and share content, be it characters, journals, public events, or whatever! With this site we will be attempting to gather RPers and guilds alike from across the regions so they can have one place focused entirely on their RP experience and those they might meet outside of their guilds. We have a Discord channel and are always looking for on-site suggestions as to how we can improve, but this is to be considered our launch post. If you join up on the site, feel free to post your comments here to generate buzz and get those less outspoken RPers to crawl out and partake! Thanks for reading and we hope to see you there!
    Thanks for the post @Halgrave I always look for the RP heavy servers.
  • UMJI ONE TOO. ROLL OVER PLAYER AND THEN LUNCH.
    edited June 2017
    We are changing our URL!  In a week, the new URL for this community will be:       http://ashesofcreationroleplay.com/     Hope to see you there!