Where Ma Crafters At ?
Crafters, what are you looking for in game? I'm kinda hoping we get away from the current 'read a book while the progress bar fills' crafting systems. Off the top of my head, I can think of:
- Crafters should produce the best items in game! Dungeons/Raids should drop rare materials that require a crafter to produce the finished item. Otherwise, crafters become useless at high level.
- Crafting uses the same points as other attributes - if you shouldn't be able to 'do everything' on one alt. Leveling crafting should come at the expense of not leveling something else.
- Recipes with multiple crafted components - crafting a boat should need you to craft/buy nails.
- Material Quality system (a la SWG, EVE, etc) - NOT just 'normal' and 'uber' mats.
- Recipe discovery - I'm sorta on the fence on this one, as they all end up on wiki's anyway.
- Maker's Marks/Engraving - good not only for advertising your services, adding special messages on 'custom' pieces
- Crafting only content - crafting quests that reward crafting mats, armor, mounts, etc.
Can't believe I forgot this one!
- Use based crafting! Just because you crafted the 100 swords to become a 'master' doesn't mean you should make as good a sword as someone that crafted 500 swords...