Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What are levels?

I do not know much about this game but this might be a stupid question. I wonder what levels will do? Will they give you extra stats, if so how much? Will they only be a way to gain skill points to upgrade your skills? How much stronger would a high lever player be compared to a low level player?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
  • Options
    Stats, skill points, and much stronger.
  • Options
    Your characters progression. 
  • Options
    Well, i dont think thats enough for a answer. It would be helpful if you answered a little more in depth.
  • Options
    The same thing levels do in every other game? 
  • Options
    Dai said:
    Well, i dont think thats enough for a answer. It would be helpful if you answered a little more in depth.
    Have a read here. Do your own research https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Basically your race decides the base stat pool.
    Primary Archetype decides how the stat pool grow each level.
    Secondary Archetype decides how the stat pool grow each level.

Each level will increase your stats depending on the above 3.
    Crafters will be able to tailor the gear with different stat weights, as well as skills/abilities.

We do not know how the gear tiers will look like, we don't know how much more power a max geared player will have compared to a newly dinged max level character. They have hinted at what they want but we won't see any data until later testing.

Here are two quotes from Steven that is worth thinking about. 
    "Different races have different stat compositions. Those stats can be important, but we also don't want them to dictate any kind of meta for what classes are best used with different races."

"There will be activities that are present for higher level players to mentor lower level players. Let's say you have a friend who joins later on and you still want to do things with them, there will be things to do. Will you he be able to enter a dungeon of your level and participate? No, because we don't want to inflate or deflate characters and manipulate that type of skill or power. We want that to be something that makes sense for them in a progression standpoint."

• Options
    When wiki doesn't have answers to those questions you need to ask from Steven.
    Theres questions section on discord and some other ways I have not yet researched.
    And @GMSteven but this never works

They said that they dont want higher levels to ruin content from lowbies but cant know if its because of combat level or gear gained at higher levels.

• Options
    When wiki doesn't have answers to those questions you need to ask from Steven.
    Theres questions section on discord and some other ways I have not yet researched.
    And @GMSteven but this never works

They said that they dont want higher levels to ruin content from lowbies but cant know if its because of combat level or gear gained at higher levels.

Do you get answered directly from intrepid on discord? 
  • Options
    Even though he hasn't directly answered a question in the questions channel since June. He does frequently check the discord and engage in conversations, as recently as last week he partially lifted the NDA on A0 due to a request on discord. so it's possible.