Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Tanks/Dps/Healers skill requirements

Greetings I just wanted to say since i have played so many MMOrpgs and i'm really interested

in this game hopefully they will make the classes (all of em!) have this (High Risk/High Reward)

and NOT making (Low Risk/High Reward) please ('-_-)    also one last thing please don't

make the Tanks so slow just because they use heavy armor or heavy weapons sometimes

FUN>Reality.

Comments

• Any archetype can use any weapon or armor with varying success. Healers will not be sitting in the back throwing out HOTS. Many of the themepark standards that have caused fat and lazy gamers to become even fatter and lazier will not make an appearance.
  • Could you elaborate on what you mean by high risk/high reward or low risk/high reward?
  • NeuroGuy said:
    Could you elaborate on what you mean by high risk/high reward or low risk/high reward?
    I would assume he means something like glasscanon-classes.
    You can´t take much damage but you deal a lot of damage. --> high risk/high reward

"low risk/high reward" would probaly something like a tank that has 90% damage reduction without doing anything.
    In this tank example the "high risk/high reward" would be some active skills which must be timed correctly to absorb the damage. If not timed correctly you take normal damage.

As they stated that they wan´t the skills to be strategic. And they also mentioned that you can go deep or wide with you class and skills. So its your decision if you go full Rouge/Rouge-glass canon build or have a more allround build with more survivability but with less DPS.
  • Augentier said:
    NeuroGuy said:
    Could you elaborate on what you mean by high risk/high reward or low risk/high reward?
    I would assume he means something like glasscanon-classes.
    You can´t take much damage but you deal a lot of damage. --> high risk/high reward

"low risk/high reward" would probaly something like a tank that has 90% damage reduction without doing anything.
    In this tank example the "high risk/high reward" would be some active skills which must be timed correctly to absorb the damage. If not timed correctly you take normal damage.

As they stated that they wan´t the skills to be strategic. And they also mentioned that you can go deep or wide with you class and skills. So its your decision if you go full Rouge/Rouge-glass canon build or have a more allround build with more survivability but with less DPS.
    Well if that's what he means that wouldn't be the case would it? IF you go Mage and you're a class cannon you could go Tank as a secondary class and make up that disadvantage. In fact that's even how Steven words it. So you could go tank and they may be slower but by supplementing it with say, a rogue or a bard you may become faster. So I think no matter what you go with as a class you'll be able to modify it to a playstyle you'll like. 
  • NeuroGuy said:
    What i meant with [High risk/ high reward] is for example
    (you have an ability that will increase your Damage as a DPS but will lower your defence so the damage you will take is increased so you will think twice before using it but its very necessary to master your class to clear hard contents).       
    [Low risk / High reward] is just using that ability without lowering your defence or losing anything!!

TANKS for example using a defensive ability but it will lower your aggro or your damage :)
  • As much as I am in favor of this 'no babysitting the players' you cant just put a demerit on every single action you do.
  • Sometimes the risk in taking an action is that you are not able to take another action at the same time. No detriment needed.
  • @Chromo
    Hmm I have to agree with @AutumnLeaf here, but I see more or less what you are requesting. Well, once we have some more content we can evaluate if it meets your expectations (and more importantly the expectations of the community at large) and provide appropriate feedback :D.
  • Steven has talked about the risk/reward multiple times and it even seems necessary for any kind of balance.