Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

You are Here ==>

No!

There will be large maps. 
There will not be minimaps.
There will also be no <you are here> arrows with the map centered on it.

Let me figure out where I am.
Let me get lost.
Let me swear a blue streak when I find a massive metal node but no clue where I am and how to get back.

Comments

• ok then..... back away slowly
  • Let me figure out where I am.
    Let me get lost.
    This could be a very interesting mechanic that classes like rangers as well as those with the cartography skill would make excellent pathfinders - While anyone could muck about and will eventually find the fastest way from point A to point B Pathfinders would have more details on their maps and know which series of passes and paths would connect the two points efficiently.

• I would have mentioned it long before but... it's just a thing you run across in every game it.. you just don't notice it there.

Took me staring at a map for several days while watching for event spawns for it to bring a lightbulb.

You can't get lost if some magical mark on the map shows you right where you are.
  • As long as the game won't babysit us to a ridiculous extent I don't mind 'w'
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    I think the old saying it's more about the journey than the destination is important in any mmo even more so in ashes
  • Yes, just a compass would be cool. Loved it on games like Day Z
  • I endorse this message. <3