Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Comments about gameplay footage from 05-05-2017

Hi guys.

First of all absolutely love the game and the graphics . As one can expect unreal engine 4 is always a beast when it comes to video games. However though i have little constructive criticism to be added before it goes in to a point where no return ..

these who haven't seen the video yet. here is the <a href="https://youtu.be/gcbYJllGfnQ?t=1902">link</a>

Even though graphics are very beautiful , the cameras are not stable.
The movements are very sudden and can cause motion sickness over the long play .
Kinda worried me that with the unreal engine graphics heavy ness would be a deciding factor in game when lots of players logged in .

Again i know this is pre-alpha. As a gamer i believe its my duty to point out whatever the mistakes before even release into alpha so i wont be a ranter but rather helper .

Hope you consider my input when further polishing the game in future optimization sessions .

Cheers

Comments

• tbh I feel like if the camera angle was being shifted like that intentionally to let players see from every angle. Also I'd guess you have some control over the camera angle, coz if you didn't, that is a BIG screw up on intrepid's behalf.
  • I could only see the video on 720 instead of 1080p which makes it a bit fuzzy, but I think it looked fantastic. The buildings appeared to be readily identifiable as to their purpose and function. The world itself looked believable and realistic. I like the way the rogue moved because it seemed natural and smooth.

Like iRobot said, I hope we can change the camera angle as well as increase the field of vision by moving the camera view back and away because that is important...but I'm betting we can.

Also, if a character like that rogue is going to wear a quiver on his back, I feel like there should also be a slung bow in sight (given the character has one). I hope the game allows multiple weapons equipped to be shown at once and that the animations to change weapons are smooth, quick but also somewhat realistic. As an example, a ranger would likely have a bow and quiver, but might also carry a sword for melee, all should be shown and there should be animations to stow one and produce the other.
  • I"ve watched another video of Steven testing a stream. He mentioned that he saw the blurring as well, but that it was due to the way the stream was setup. In game what they were seeing had no issues like that. Remember they werent showing you direct footage like the other videos on their youtube page. (the mage one) The mage one didnt have the blurring or motion sickness effect. What they were showing you was from teamviewer into the stream. So in esssence a stream of a stream lol.

**pretty sure i heard them mention TeamViewer during the interview**

Edit: Yep at 30:46 Steve talks about teamviewer
  • [quote quote=17602]I”ve watched another video of Steven testing a stream. He mentioned that he saw the blurring as well, but that it was due to the way the stream was setup. In game what they were seeing had no issues like that. Remember they werent showing you direct footage like the other videos on their youtube page. (the mage one) The mage one didnt have the blurring or motion sickness effect. What they were showing you was from teamviewer into the stream. So in esssence a stream of a stream lol.

**pretty sure i heard them mention TeamViewer during the interview**

Edit: Yep at 30:46 Steve talks about teamviewer

[/quote]

I do/did agree with the OP, until I saw this response. If this is true, then I do think another method of showing us in-game footage should be addressed. I have never been known to get motion sickness, but from watching the video I did feel dizzy for a bit. Everything else I watched was fabulous by the way, so keep up the good work!
  • [quote quote=18811]If this is true, then I do think another method of showing us in-game footage should be addressed.[/quote]

The best way to show it is direct stream, but they are combining lots of different things into 1 stream on twitch. Lots of overlays, teamviewer, and twitch. Hard to have good quality examples if its done like that. Their other videos with direct gameplay look amazing tho. Twitch stuff you gotta consider the stream quality.
  • We're 2 years from release. Camera controls have pleeeeenty of time to be fine tuned.
  • For a Pre-Alpha game it is extraordinary footage, if you saw any other games that early on, I'm positive it wouldn't look as developed as this game, of course the animations are lumpy, given it's pre-alpha, but they only have one animator, and they're hiring more, I'm sure lots of people would agree. Just my insight.