Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Forum Badge: Combo Breaker Questions

AtliAtli Member, Warrior of Old
So, I just noticed this- I joined the new forums yesterday and was just familiarizing myself with the forums (got 4 badges in the process, this is relevant I promise) and got 5 likes today. Don't care, it's a fun, cute system to recognize contributions, but!

Today while I was looking into the different badges, I realized there is a badge called Combo Breaker. I joined late in the day, so retrospectively it would have been difficult to get this (again I'll reiterate I didn't know about it at the time anyway), but I was curious if:

1. Wouldn't it be smarter for the combo breaker badge to be (within 24 hours) instead of 1 day? This takes into account time zones, when people join, etc.

2. Is there a list of all possible badges one can get? I did a forum search for forum badges and most of them involve people not receiving their backer / kickstarter badges. Very few discuss the other ones (x number of posts, X number of likes, etc.). The completionist in me is now curious if I might miss out on others based on time, :wink:

3. It says no one has gotten the combo breaker- was I just late to the party about discovering the existence of this? Why do the backer/kickstarter badges not count toward this combo breaker badge? I see tons of users that would have qualified for this!
jgyClWy.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Hi there! The Combo Breaker badge you are referring to has been disabled for the exact reason you mentioned - since some folks come into the forums with up to 10 badges based on their backer level, it would be a bit silly for some people to be able to earn it super easily!

You can see a list of all current badges here (you can ignore the point values on the right - none of the badges actually give you any points, nor do points show up anywhere on your profile or contribute to a rank of any sort). These badges are just a way for you to show off on your profile some of the cool milestones you hit on the forums!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    AtliAtli Member, Warrior of Old
    I see I need to brush up on my research skillz. Thanks!
    jgyClWy.jpg
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah, ill have a #4 combo, extra BBQ sauce please.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    BelewynBelewyn Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hey now....i will have you know i earned that badge late into the old forums....that was no easy feat to accomplish lol =P
    9ZFgGjR.png
  • Options
    LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I love the Sandal bag and that the requirements are basically, "Be Steven".
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Belewyn wrote: »
    Hey now....i will have you know i earned that badge late into the old forums....that was no easy feat to accomplish lol =P

The one badge i could never get
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I was really jealous of that one, contemplated on making a new account even :joy:
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

You didn't have a CC or dev or Sandal badge either ;) Besides that how did the Agree badges work ?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Hi there! The Combo Breaker badge you are referring to has been disabled for the exact reason you mentioned - since some folks come into the forums with up to 10 badges based on their backer level, it would be a bit silly for some people to be able to earn it super easily!

You can see a list of all current badges here (you can ignore the point values on the right - none of the badges actually give you any points, nor do points show up anywhere on your profile or contribute to a rank of any sort). These badges are just a way for you to show off on your profile some of the cool milestones you hit on the forums!

Got a question regarding the anniversary' badges, will we get those back ? I mean we have the new forums but a few of us would be getting our 2nd year badge now c:
  • Options
    Autumnleaf wrote: »

You didn't have a CC or dev or Sandal badge either ;) Besides that how did the Agree badges work ?

ok smart ass the one badge I could have gotten
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options

You could have the CC badge if you put in the effort ;) besides how did those Agree badges work tell me T_T
  • Options

You could have the CC badge if you put in the effort ;) besides how did those Agree badges work tell me T_T

can you imagine me as a CC ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

can you imagine me as a CC ^^

If it was a RP style channel with you doing a creepy voice and talking about lore in a really cool way then yes.