Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hypersexual Armor

Comments

• Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Definitely dont want to see bikini armor but sexy armor is another thing all together.
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    does this count

ZDpSRRV.jpg

Perfect.
  • Options
    noemadnoemad Member
    edited April 2019
    makinoji wrote: »
    Make it an option to toggle on and off. Problem solved and everyone has their own taste.

Exactly. Make it like the hide helmet feature. Leave the box unchecked and you see a full breastplate. Check the box and you show cleavage and a bare midriff.

You could even make it a feature for each piece of armor. For the legs you see full greaves and boots covering the entire leg. Check and maybe it's just the boots you see.

Personally I usually like more realistic armor like what Brienne of Tarth wears but sometimes, depending on the character and if I think it fits that characters personality, I like the sexualized armor. For example a female rogue whose revealing leather armor is as much of a weapon as her daggers. Or the female blood mage who loves how her skimpy attire offends the self-righteous people who she feels are always looking down on her. Or the bard who just thinks he's that damn sexy. :p

When it come to designing your characters appearance I say the more options the better. Plus I would never want my personal preferences in character design to impinge on someone else's choices for their character.
  • Options
    TatianaTatiana Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited April 2019
    To be completely honest I like having the option for skimpy armor, the more variety the better. If you go for practical and realistic then you end up with very bland skins where everyone looks the same. I will never subscribe to the belief that video games, especially when set in a fantasy setting where other unrealistic things like monsters, magic, and dragons should randomly and selectively become realistic and practical when it comes to the armor. It's cherry picking for the sake of pandering and signaling to people that probably won't really even play the game. I say all of this as a female gamer. I can only speak for myself, and my experiences with most other female gamer friends I know and most of them also like skimpy armor choices to be available. It only becomes problematic when there aren't also skimpy options for male characters and is only limited to female characters.

What I DON'T like is people speaking on behalf of my gender and essentially assuming what bothers us, and assuming female gamers are all super conservative, reserved, and get offended at the sight of skin on our characters. Sure, some are, but just as many are the polar opposite and everything in between. I don't like people trying to limit what I enjoy, and I don't want to limit people from what they enjoy. If you don't like skimpy armor, don't wear it, but don't tell the next person they shouldn't be able to have that. In MMORPG's visual/cosmetic customization in regard to not only hair/skin/etc options but also attire (maybe most importantly, as this is what stands out most on anyone in online games.) is extremely important.

Just like in real life, what someone wears can be a significant part of their identity, so someone should be able to make the character they envision in-game. Variety is the spice of life, and I think that also applies to the game if they are really trying to make it feel like a living, breathing world full of unique inhabitants.
  • Options
    @makinoji That depends how you look at it. I personally view the apocalypse armor and other assets to be just as useless. Not to say that Apocalypse BR was a bad move (aside from the initial name). I understand that they had to test combat, It just wasn't my cup of tea.

Anyways, as we've heard many times apocalypse was to test combat and more. None of which I'd consider custom armor or other assets necessary for. Except for the map, as I can see a MMO map (part) not being suited for a BR game.
    Signature-Community-Coordinator.gif?ex=6602ea67&is=65f07567&hm=5ccf436d8d607f426cbddd409428e9c1bd5395aba12fe34a1546a571791e2af1&=
    [EU] Hand of Unity | PVX | Semi-Hardcore/Hardcore | Family
    We are still recruiting. Come and have a chat with us at our Discord!
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    muridious wrote: »
    @makinoji That depends how you look at it. I personally view the apocalypse armor and other assets to be just as useless. Not to say that Apocalypse BR was a bad move (aside from the initial name). I understand that they had to test combat, It just wasn't my cup of tea.

Anyways, as we've heard many times apocalypse was to test combat and more. None of which I'd consider custom armor or other assets necessary for. Except for the map, as I can see a MMO map (part) not being suited for a BR game.

We dont really know what type the APOC armour is, do we? I mean for all we know that could be leather or chain armour xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    In another game I play when you craft a robe you have the option to make the top body part look like a robe or a jerkin.

In another game I used to play there were tiers of gear:
    1-19lv
    20-39lv
    40-51lv
    52+ lv
    There were noumerous sets per tier however there were 4 undisputed top end per tier.

I suggest that developers create the option for characters to craft gear which csn show skin or be full body armor for the best armor sets of every tier.

That way:
    People have options.
    The devs dont have to spend too much time on developing looks for every single armor piece.
  • Options
    JjampongJjampong Member
    edited April 2019
    Damokles wrote: »
    We dont really know what type the APOC armour is, do we? I mean for all we know that could be leather or chain armour xD

@Damokles True, not sure what you're trying to say with that though :# Sorry!
    Signature-Community-Coordinator.gif?ex=6602ea67&is=65f07567&hm=5ccf436d8d607f426cbddd409428e9c1bd5395aba12fe34a1546a571791e2af1&=
  • Options
    @muridious
    That was because you said that the APOC armour and other assets were useless. ;D
    I understood that you didnt like the armour because of its looks etc^^
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    @muridious
    That was because you said that the APOC armour and other assets were useless. ;D
    I understood that you didnt like the armour because of its looks etc^^

@Damokles Ah no, I barely even played it because I didn't like Apoc BR. The point I was trying to make is that I don't think it's necessary for Apoc to have it's own assets aside from maybe a map. I don't have any opinion on whether they looked good or not, as I've barely even looked at them.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @muridious
    What do you mean with:
    The point I was trying to make is that I don't think it's necessary for Apoc to have it's own assets aside from maybe a map. I don't have any opinion on whether they looked good or not, as I've barely even looked at them.

As far as i understod it, APOC doesnt have its "own" assets. All assets used in APOC are used in the MMORPG too. Thats what they said at least^^ Most/nearly all of these assets where already created i believe, and are now just used in APOC. The only thing created extra was the enclosing zone of death, and that is mostly just a light effect. The weapons and armour are later included in the MMRPG :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    @muridious
    What do you mean with:
    The point I was trying to make is that I don't think it's necessary for Apoc to have it's own assets aside from maybe a map. I don't have any opinion on whether they looked good or not, as I've barely even looked at them.

As far as i understod it, APOC doesnt have its "own" assets. All assets used in APOC are used in the MMORPG too. Thats what they said at least^^ Most/nearly all of these assets where already created i believe, and are now just used in APOC. The only thing created extra was the enclosing zone of death, and that is mostly just a light effect. The weapons and armour are later included in the MMRPG :D

@Damokles You might be right, I'm unsure of the specifics myself. If you are, I'm happy to see that the assets are being reused, I wouldn't consider them useless and agree with you. I responded to this comment originally, which says they were created specifically for Apoc BR. :/ So not sure who is right or wrong here.
    makinoji wrote: »
    @makinoji Armor doesn't get remodeled automatically. This would mean Intrepid would have to make way more armor sets than necessary.

That's just a lazy response, considering Steven has admitted that there were armour sets created specifically for Apoc BR, Armour for races, armour for dungeons, armour for social orgs,....so pile more onto the already unnecessary armour sets/styles. I don't see the problem, everything else is already in limbo as it is.
  • Options
    @muridious
    Ahhhh, now i know what you mean^^
    It is true, that the armour and weapons currently are specifically designed for apoc, but they will be accessible for use in the MMORPG lateras armour and weapon skins (if you have unlocked specific skins in APOC, then you can see them in your inventory in the shop website). The main reason for that is that they want it to look different from the other MMORPG armour (we will be a few eons in the future when we return to vera after all ;D)
    But Steven said at the very beginning of APOC, that ALL terrain and building assets used, came practically from the MMORPG team, and were just used to build some test cities etc for when the MMORPG goes live.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    @muridious
    Ahhhh, now i know what you mean^^
    It is true, that the armour and weapons currently are specifically designed for apoc, but they will be accessible for use in the MMORPG lateras armour and weapon skins (if you have unlocked specific skins in APOC, then you can see them in your inventory in the shop website). The main reason for that is that they want it to look different from the other MMORPG armour (we will be a few eons in the future when we return to vera after all ;D)
    But Steven said at the very beginning of APOC, that ALL terrain and building assets used, came practically from the MMORPG team, and were just used to build some test cities etc for when the MMORPG goes live.

@Damokles Yeah I knew about the terrain textures and other objects in Apoc BR. We were mainly discussing the armour though. But reading your comment, I think it's safe to assume that (some of) those assets will be reused in the MMORPG. And I'm happy to hear it :smiley: Thanks for clarifying!
  • Options
    ZiiZii Moderator, Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I always feel that huge bulky armour always looks better, on male and female characters. :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    I don't mind either way ^-^ Lots of people like BDO and look at some of the armors there. I doubt it will be a problem unless all the armor is like that cx
    Poko.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Zii wrote: »
    I always feel that huge bulky armour always looks better, on male and female characters. :)

Plate is always the best choice ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

magic armour is also nice
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I prefer slim fitting leather armor or robes.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is how I see magic armour

350?cb=20140713101000
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    83a497051fcaf24c09aed48785e31e18.jpg
    Truly magical!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    tatiana wrote: »
    To be completely honest I like having the option for skimpy armor, the more variety the better. If you go for practical and realistic then you end up with very bland skins where everyone looks the same. I will never subscribe to the belief that video games, especially when set in a fantasy setting where other unrealistic things like monsters, magic, and dragons should randomly and selectively become realistic and practical when it comes to the armor. It's cherry picking for the sake of pandering and signaling to people that probably won't really even play the game. I say all of this as a female gamer. I can only speak for myself, and my experiences with most other female gamer friends I know and most of them also like skimpy armor choices to be available. It only becomes problematic when there aren't also skimpy options for male characters and is only limited to female characters.

What I DON'T like is people speaking on behalf of my gender and essentially assuming what bothers us, and assuming female gamers are all super conservative, reserved, and get offended at the sight of skin on our characters. Sure, some are, but just as many are the polar opposite and everything in between. I don't like people trying to limit what I enjoy, and I don't want to limit people from what they enjoy. If you don't like skimpy armor, don't wear it, but don't tell the next person they shouldn't be able to have that. In MMORPG's visual/cosmetic customization in regard to not only hair/skin/etc options but also attire (maybe most importantly, as this is what stands out most on anyone in online games.) is extremely important.

Just like in real life, what someone wears can be a significant part of their identity, so someone should be able to make the character they envision in-game. Variety is the spice of life, and I think that also applies to the game if they are really trying to make it feel like a living, breathing world full of unique inhabitants.

This!~
  • Options
    NumilorNumilor Member
    edited April 2019
    Depends what the point is, if the point of the armor is to make it look like it would actually defend you then ok, if the point is to satisfy the perpetually offended mob then no.

I personally never used skimpy armor, but there should be an option.

I think some of the best types of skimpy armor come from bdo, they are very good looking and still retain some semblance of armor.

Also there are quite a few male skimpy armors a prime example would be the classical viking, how come everyone is always so focused on the female only? Just stop please.

This is where you understand the point is not about being realistic, the point is about muh sexism.

• Options
    DevorandomDevorandom Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I really don't care what it looks like as long as it looks good and is not imersion breaking.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • Options
    What would be so aweshum is if we can get armor even more divided up, like left shoulder slot and left legging slots and such so that we can have our armor super customizable =D
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Valentines wrote: »
    What would be so aweshum is if we can get armor even more divided up, like left shoulder slot and left legging slots and such so that we can have our armor super customizable =D

I think from a cosmetic system this could be interesting, but from a gearing standpoint his would be tedious. Both for the player trying to get the gear and the guild leadership trying to pass out gear.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    arzosah wrote: »
    Valentines wrote: »

I think from a cosmetic system this could be interesting, but from a gearing standpoint his would be tedious. Both for the player trying to get the gear and the guild leadership trying to pass out gear.

Maybe they could have it so that you can cosmetically switch those parts around but it still comes as a complete set when it drops?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I dont think we should be able to split that up even more @Valentines
    Think about all the extra gear that we would need to farm xD
    And also, we already have the possibility of attachements for our armour, ranging from small clasps to full breastplate covers.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    RockHoundRockHound Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    I feel that there should be "Sexy" outfits available, but they should not be viable combat armor. They should be around town wear, going to the tavern wear, chillin' in a freehold wear... When you're in the middle of kickin' ass and takin' names you need to have something covering your gut, or your entrails will be all over the ground. However.... There is always the fantasy option of a magical bikini that offers me some kind of shield to said gut..... I always did think Zeena was hawt.... =P
  • Options
    malgusmalgus Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    BCGiant wrote: »
    Didn't Steven say there wont be any bikini armor? at least for plate?

He did there will not be any. which is good I don't wan't the the faction of weirdos from games like tera coming over
    Malgus_Carnyx.png?ex=6589b5fa&is=657740fa&hm=6165ef5455c2f25cb0ac93e39a9f24f652e13d9c02da2b5810117d6852c591f2&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1919&height=150