Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

When is the referral program gonna work again ?

DraxidoDraxido Member
edited May 2019 in Support & FAQ
i had a lot of referrals before the website migration, a lot of those people created their account like 2 years ago and some of them dont have access to thir account anymore cause they are dumb, so they are creating new ones, plus more people that im inviting to play that i know from other games that im currently playing, the thing is that new referral system doesnt work, it gives you an affiliate code but there is no way to actually use it there is no field to use it at least in account creation, is there gonna be a way to link those accounts in the future ? or referral link is just not gonna work anymore or can somebody tell me where should my referrals paste that code

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    It is currently what is being worked on.

The referral system was put after the forum fix, but before the Xsolla swap out.

So its coming sooner rather than later.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tried to invite friends but before i could start about using my reff code they alrdy made a account XD just gave up on it.
    hope you didnt lost yours.. i dont know if they are supposed to link up again automaticly ?
    it would be nice to be able to see and edit your referral, or for the referral to see and edit who they got referred by. but i guess it would defeat its own purpose? meh such system only works fine when all goes smooth. good luck with it dude
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Options
    DraxidoDraxido Member
    jahlon wrote: »

The referral system was put after the forum fix, but before the Xsolla swap out.

the current one doesnt work neither, at least my friends cant find where to use the affiliate code it says

" To refer other users, give this code to people to use during their account registration. " but none of my friends could find any field for it i even tried myself creating a new account and either im dumb or blind or there is no such option
  • Options
    draxido wrote: »
    jahlon wrote: »

the current one doesnt work neither, at least my friends cant find where to use the affiliate code it says

" To refer other users, give this code to people to use during their account registration. " but none of my friends could find any field for it i even tried myself creating a new account and either im dumb or blind or there is no such option

Correct.

They are currently working on it.

There is no such option to use the new one, and the old one doesn't work.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • Options
    BelewynBelewyn Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What Jaholn has shared is indeed correct. The system is in current work queue. We have not yet been shared an ETA for a fix to be put into place.

thank you for your patience,
    9ZFgGjR.png
  • Options
    xephitaxephita Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited June 2019
    Excuse me for being pessimistic but they need to get it sorted out, seems to me it's a convenient way of not paying people for advertising and bringing players to the game. I never sreenshotted anything so what proof do I have that I had hundreds of £'s of commission?

Already had something similar with the referral system early on. I had a load of signups 20/30+ who suddenly got all lumped under the same date during some other migration or 'update' (I emailed but never got a straight answer) and not one of them I had any commission from. Yet after that date I would get the usual amounts here and there. I find it highly suspect that out of *ALL* of those early signups not one person spent money.

Just like now, 15 referrals. Nothing pending / no purchases - although maybe that part isn't 'working' either.
    And these would be 15 people who obviously are keeping up to date somewhat.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Oh, just read the patch notes. Good news, hopefully everything will be correct when I have a look.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @nagash In true form, I haven't been here ages - had a moan, THEN remembered seeing the announcement about a patch so had a closer look and saw! Edited my last post accordingly.
    :D

• Options
    @nagash what about people already registered in the game any way to link those accounts ?
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @draxido They have said no. This was done as a way of preventing fraud.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    thats awesome at least is there any way that my friends can delete their account and re-register ? i supposed no @unknownsystemerror
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    lol, if there is/was I am definitely not going to outline how someone might go around their system.
  • Options
    i mean i brought at least 30+ people, with my referral link before this migration, now got nothing, i dont know how wanting that back is going around their system or even nearly wrong doing. im pretty sure my closest friends will have no problem creating another account, anyway i wont either bother telling the rest
  • Options
    If you had people before the migration, you will have them after. I was specifically talking about the period when the system was down.
  • Options
    Still no unpaid earning showing, let along paid out earning.is their any official link to what's happening?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So on the referral system, Steven and I have had many MANY conversations about it. Where as I don't really give a fuck about the money I know a lot of people fall on the spectrum of either needing those 7-15 active referrals in order to play all the way through Content Creators who are going to be using the money to supplement their lives (as in you know pay the bills, put food on the table).

I do not approve of a company fucking with people's income, so the times where the referral system was not working properly I rolled up data to Steven and we talked about what was going on. I will say that of the many things that I have taken to Steven, any issue with the referral system was addressed in details with Steven being receptive to all the feedback as well as suggestions.

You can take that for what you will, as I have a very small number of referrals compared to the other content creators, but still you talking about potentially thousands of dollars for my community each year.

Now some things that people may want in just fact format
    • Your previous referrals are there.
    • Your previous referrals all have the same date because that's when they pulled from the old system
    • Note: My previous old referrals had different dates because people trickled to check stuff so their date was when they logged into the system.
    • All of your previous Commissions are still there; they just aren't showing at the moment [They are working on this]
    • Any purchases made from 19 December 2018 through now have applied [I have personally watched them credit as recently as last Friday 2 August 2019 with a line that said one of your referrals has made a purchase of 45]

Does the referral system have a long way to go? Absolutely.

Is it a top priority for the players? Fuck yes it is

Is it a top priority for Intrepid? Not a top priority no, they have other stuff to fix.

hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • Options
    Hi all! Our recent platform maintenance brought the referral system back online, with the features mentioned in our patch notes here.

You are now able to see an accurate count of your previous referrals, as well as the status of any referral codes you have. You can also provide an active referral code to another user who has not registered yet, and they can now enter it during account creation. As we continue to build out and improve the referral system even further, we'll keep you updated with the additional features (such as referral links, referral totals, and detailed referral accounting) that you can expect to see :blush:

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please feel free to message me directly with any further questions or feedback you have regarding the referral system!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.