Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Link in Description for Commerce Node Discussion

GuildhartGuildhart Member
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Please move to: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/42456/economy-node-information

For further discussions on this topic. Thanks!
Guildhart-Sig.png

Comments

• jodypsejodypse Member
    I'm a little disappointed with the Super Power the Economic Node gives. Should be a regular bonus with all the Economic Nodes connected to and with it due to being Economic Nodes anyway and it really only gives something most other MMORPG's have anyway, a global auction house, and not even a full one, only with other Economic Nodes.

Now something along the lines of being able to see and bid on all other Nodes Auction Houses as well and have the items arrive by "super caravans" that are immune to the usual attacks. To be able to see listings of all Marketplaces and shops but not purchase from them, and if wanting to sell in a specific Node outside of the Economic Node and it's influence you'd need to go by caravan with your stuff, but the propensity for profits would be higher as you can go to the places where you can sell or buy for the best prices.

Or being an actual Economic Superpower so that all other Nodes prices will be a reflection of the Economic Nodes prices, can only be set on sale or bought for within 5% of the pricing of the item type in the Economic Node. If prices rise there prices rise everywhere, and vice versa.

Or being able to pay less taxes in the Auction House and thus be able to outbid others easier.

I'm sure there are more good suggestions out there, and maybe the current one is good enough already and it's just me being "spoiled" with already having that in most games already.
  • GuildhartGuildhart Member
    edited May 2019
    jodypse wrote: »
    I'm a little disappointed with the Super Power the Economic Node gives. Should be a regular bonus with all the Economic Nodes connected to and with it due to being Economic Nodes anyway and it really only gives something most other MMORPG's have anyway, a global auction house, and not even a full one, only with other Economic Nodes...

Good lord, I must've written like 3 pages of response to you. Haha I kept learning new things which meant i had to keep erasing previous statements to make this as succinct as possible.

As I understand the post (and my understanding keeps evolving).

Auction house ability (to list items in a commerce node and their current locations i.e stall/shop).

Level 3 Node: Can post raw/processes items that are being bought/sold in node.
    Level 4 Node: Can post ALL items that are being bought/sold in node.
    Level 6 Node: Auction house now has listed post of all items being sold in ALL commerce nodes.
    Level 6 Node Super Power: Linked Commerce; not only are all items being sold in ANY auction house (regardless of location) listed in new interface but one can now bid on said items through any auction house.

So in essence your global marketplace still happens once a level 6 node super power happens. Though not directly. What will happen most likely is that players who live/create/processes in other nodes will be forced to travel to neighboring commerce nodes to buy/sell their items. This will basically be forced to happen at lvl 6 metro but may happen as early as level 3, depending on the players laziness (who wants to check every rental stall and player shop when you can simply check the auction house).

The super power is the very act of some how having instantaneous amazon at level 6. Before then (and in other node types) one has to actually search player shop by player shop (or rentals) to find any items.

This falls in line with their game philosophy/principle. They want to make things "hard" to have meaning in any action you do, no to group finders, no to day 1 global markets, no to instant access to max level content, ect... The super power is the very thing we've been coddled with by other games, to make you work for it because if you think about it in a high fantasy medieval age what would be more powerful to a commerce civilization than instant accesses to any and all markets.

(please see instantaneous travel for scientific node for another example)
    Guildhart-Sig.png
  • jodypsejodypse Member
    It already gives part of that global market in the early levels, and builds up more in the later levels, to finish building it for the last level.
    Part of what I meant was that the "Superpower" already exists in the early forms, "Should be a regular bonus with all the Economic Nodes connected to and with it due to being Economic Nodes".

The Scientific Superpower isn't built up over the levels but simply appears once reaching that final stage while the Economic Superpower already exists in lesser forms before reaching the last stage.
    So what I mean is that it should be something new popping up as a Superpower and skipping that global market completely (or making it stronger, as an actual Superpower)

3. Market: Basic Auction House. Start of Superpower before it gets Super.
    4. Exchange: Auction House is expanded to all items.
    5. Galleria: Didn't state but I'm imagining increased range to Vassals at least from Galleria.
    6. Emporium: Worldwide sale prices (not sure what that means) and granted Auction House Rep in all Vassal but can't bid at them.
    Superpower comes at 6 as well though only works with all other Economic Nodes, linking each Auction House to each other. It has a potential to become a super power if there are other strong Economic Nodes, but the groundwork for it is already built, making it more a regular bonus than a Superpower, in my opinion.