Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Live Stream 30th May

VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
The latest live stream has had a bit of a shakeup and personally I like the change we got to hear from some of the plebs I mean developers in the trenches and what they have been working on. I did like the armour they showed towards the end, the backpack and how it will be modular plus vary depending on profession was it.

IMO was a good show, would love to see more MMO stuff but they just are not at that point where they can show us more yet.
3KAqRIf.png
Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.

Comments

• ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    Steven seemed to be eating invisible cookies as he kept brushing crumbs off this shirt! Margaret's top was slowly falling off during the show, or maybe that was just my imagination :grin: and the nerd shuffle to the right was a sight to behold especially Bacon nearly falling of the chair when he sat down. To be fair I do the same when i sit on office chairs that are poorly adjusted.

I am being tongue in cheek of course. It was actually a really good live stream, best to date if you ask me. Much more informative, diverse and felt a little less scripted with a decent flow. Some of the explanations about iterations and how the thought processes go into making an MMORPG was really interesting to listen to.

More of the same next month please!! :wink::wink:
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    I love these kinds of behind-the-scenes looks, with different devs and looking at different tools and processes and all that nerdy shit... but it would be unwise to expect that all the time.

I've seen players of other games get a little too... demanding (?) when it comes to developer interaction. Like after a while, players start to expect daily updates from all the devs, and they expect devs to come to the forums and argue about random stuff, and they expect devs to answer questions on Twitter 24/7. It's can get to be a little bit much.

It's nice when the devs do come chat, but it's important to remember that most devs are not spokespeople. They're job is not to talk to us; it's to make the game. I just don't want people to forget that and start abusing the devs for saying something wrong, or for not communicating much at all. Take what you can get, show your gratitude, make lots of memes, but don't expect the devs to be your friends or to reply to every question/request, because the only thing they owe us is a good game.

To reiterate, I'm only saying this because I've seen some toxic player-dev interactions from OTHER games, not because I think anyone here is doing anything like that. Just a preemptive thing.

Okay, that's enough soapbox preaching.

Anyways, yeah, I thought it was a great stream. All the weapons looked awesome. The mini sneak peek at combat looked promising. Bacon was down-to-earth and endearing as always. The new guy (I'm sorry I forgot your name, I suck at names) seemed really enthusiastic and insightful about a lot of the art processes they have going on. And although we basically just have to take their word for it, it's good to hear that they're making solid progress on the technical challenges and optimizations that they've been working on.

Oh, and the armor with the more traditional design makes me SO happy. It's not that I don't like fancy asymmetric armor and detailed designs, but I was worried that EVERYTHING would look like the armor in Apoc. I guess I had fallen to the classic blunder of expecting the beta test to be representative of the end-product.
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I didnt have the chance to see the livestream before and only had the time to watch it now.

I reallly like the behind the scenes look of it and the overall advancement of the team!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • grisugrisu Member
    Out of curiousity,
    varkun wrote: »
    IMO was a good show, would love to see more MMO stuff but they just are not at that point where they can show us more yet.

What does that entail for you? MMO stuff.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    grisu wrote: »
    Out of curiousity,

What does that entail for you? MMO stuff.

Could be:
    NPC AI/pathfinding
    Crafting
    An indepth look into the weather system
    Caravans
    Eventual reputation/npc factions
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    grisu wrote: »
    Out of curiousity,

What does that entail for you? MMO stuff.[/quote

Just about anything TBH. Just hungry for information on the MMO side of things but will wait just like I have been for the past 2+ years, it is always nice to see new things. It was a great show with a good amount of info in there but am always happy to see more.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.