Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Exotic weapons: What would you like to see?

WizardTimWizardTim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Seeing as we were told that exotic weapons will be in the game (with many using the same style as mundane ones while others requiring more work such as whips), I figure it might be fun to get ideas from players as to what they want to see.

Personally I enjoy exotic weapons far more than regular mundane ones. Every game has swords, maces, and axes, but we're suppose to be heroes and heroes often have unique and cool weapons as often as standard ones.

So my question is, what types of weapons would you want to see?

I'd like to see Scythes, Whips, War Fans, and Falcatas. I know Falcatas are just A type of sword, but still!

Comments

• 1260283-hellboy_sword_2.jpg
  • Sword-chucks
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Whips, throwing stars, battle bread *EQ2* ;)
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    shoklen wrote: »
    1260283-hellboy_sword_2.jpg

That is a one-handed sword ;)

I would really like to see scythes, because i would then try to revive my GW1 derwish/assassin xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    lm3e2txvxexw63
    giphy.gif
  • Not exotic in their own right, but the scabbard is unique.. Scroll Daggers.. Worn on the lower back and have the appearance of a scroll with both daggers sheathed. Classy.

Metallic_Twin_Dragon_Scroll_Daggers_Silver_Swords_Damascus_Laser_Etched_Bladed__91590.1350772630.1000.675.JPG
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    would ratling guns count as Exotic?

latest?cb=20190407123637
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • edited August 2019
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A chakram Kibelius-Sah-Chakram-Stowed.jpg
  • caedwyncaedwyn Member
    edited July 2019
    i still dont know if im going to be staff + shield
    or scepter + shield
    or wand + shield
    or book + wand
    or ......
    but i will definitely be an elven mage like always

so i like SIMPLE & ELEGANT weaponry that befits my character

also may i intrest you in my thread about weapons and shields ...
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/42777/weapons-shields-inspiration
    I'm going sword and
    book
    book
    book
    book
    book
    book
    book
    book
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • HamletHamlet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    Can i dual wield shields? Nothing like following up a shield slam... well with another shield slam!
  • JoselineJoseline Member
    edited July 2019
    Having just a book would be kinda cool

or neko tes
    20409093_1_x.jpg?auto=webp&format=pjpg&version=1&width=512

Joseline wrote: »
    Having just a book would be kinda cool

or neko tes
    20409093_1_x.jpg?auto=webp&format=pjpg&version=1&width=512

all I can think of is mess with the crabo you get the stabo
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• WizardTimWizardTim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Chakrams would be cool.

I'd like to see things like hook swords and 3 section staffs as well. One thing that's always annoyed me with MMOs is that the weapon selections are limited to very basic things.
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A gun from the future.

https://youtu.be/a6wrrjTIgZs
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • SarevokSarevok Member
    edited July 2019
    Double-bladed Staff would be interesting. Would sais be considered a dagger-like weapon? Would be nice to see some other pole arms used besides the halberd. Billhook, Bardiche, Glaive, Pole Axe, Lucerne and so much more. For Greatswords, would a Zweihander be just a different skin or would it be a sub-category for the Greatsword with its own unique stats?
  • Personally I am against them. They dont seem to fit the setting
    Personally I am against them. They dont seem to fit the setting

its high fantasy so pretty much everything fits
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm all for exotic weapons in a fantasy game so long as they stay away from Si-Fi and modernish weapons(gatling gun)
    k2U15J3.png
    arzosah wrote: »
    I'm all for exotic weapons in a fantasy game so long as they stay away from Si-Fi and modernish weapons(gatling gun)

so no rattling guns?

70a5d7435e158d38769e4d77acf9f8e6.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Are the potion guns (sorry launchers) only for Apoc, or will they be in the AoC as well...
    Are the potion guns (sorry launchers) only for Apoc, or will they be in the AoC as well...

well they keep saying everything will be ported over to the MMO so I would say yes
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nagash wrote: »
    Are the potion guns (sorry launchers) only for Apoc, or will they be in the AoC as well...

well they keep saying everything will be ported over to the MMO so I would say yes

I believe they should be in the MMO, I just hope that you can supply them with different types of potions as ammo to change their effect rather than just be the grenade launcher they are in APOC.
    k2U15J3.png

I believe they should be in the MMO, I just hope that you can supply them with different types of potions as ammo to change their effect rather than just be the grenade launcher they are in APOC.

I would like that as well. an ice potion freezes foes and a hex potion reduces stats
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I would like that as well. an ice potion freezes foes and a hex potion reduces stats

They could implement, that alchemists could make attachments for the potion launcher. (IS said that ammunition wont be a thing after all)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • WizardTimWizardTim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    damokles wrote: »

They could implement, that alchemists could make attachments for the potion launcher. (IS said that ammunition wont be a thing after all)

Ugh, ammunition needs to be a thing though.

It's one of the major advantages ranged weaponry had, modifying the ammunition used. Also helped balance out ranged weaponry's advantage of, well, range.
  • KovrmKovrm Member
    Wait... There's no selection of ammo the be changed out in bows/xbows to fit the situation at hand?! That's a bummer for sure. Would have been fun to craft the different types.
    sJ4g8FI.png
  • AnvilAnvil Member
    Bastard Swords (Hand and a Half), Katanas, Actual Greatswords,(Not just 2 handed swords), Possibly some of the more Exotic and Obscure (I.E. "The Sky Sword" from "The Sword and The Sorcerer" 3 Blades one Sword!!!
    The Truth has 3 sides, Your Point of View, Their point of View, and The Actual Truth, so, Be careful How you wield the Sword of Truth, It Cuts 3 ways!