Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

feminine Cosmetics?

I'm really worried that ashes won't be giving us any cute dresses or outfits. The concept arts of the cosmetic packs haven't shown me anything that indicates that armor skins will differ much with gender. Maybe I'm wrong.. what do you lot think?
fyet5j.png

Comments

• Options
    ShoklenShoklen Member
    edited August 2019
    I hope there are cute dresses/outfits... not to be confused with slutty, revealing, or too risque...
  • Options
    @shoklen of course. But I haven't seen anything to indicate either or.. which is diss heartening for me. Fingers crossed
    fyet5j.png

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2019
    Cute dresses and outfits wont stop my dagger to bury into your back, just letting you know! ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    MermaidTearsMermaidTears Member
    edited August 2019
    I think your terrible grammar killed everyone who reads your comment sooooo... you can put your tiny stick away :')
    fyet5j.png

• Options
    If you want dresses, I think an in-game source would be a better way to include stereotypically feminine clothing. What we shouldn't have is anything that remotely resembles a miniskirt, a maid outfit, or bikini armor. That shit is just cringey.

But really most of the cosmetics look perfectly suited to both sexes as they've been presented. An outfit shouldn't suddenly get a boob window just because it's on a female character, which I fear is what you're kind of going for. Things like that are just in poor taste, honestly.
  • Options
    https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/569142471640275815/visual-search/?x=0&y=0&w=564&h=523

^ Dresses - Cute
    Not at any point did I ask for bikkni's or maid outfits :) That's all in your imagination that you're projecting on to me. I disagree with your opinion where you say that the cosmetics look perfectly suited to both sexes. Hence why I made this discussion :wink:
    fyet5j.png

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2019
    I think your terrible grammar killed everyone who reads your comment sooooo... you can put your tiny stick away :')

What is wrong with my grammar, could you correct it for me?
    English is only my secondary language. :D

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/569142471640275815/visual-search/?x=0&y=0&w=564&h=523

^ Dresses - Cute
    Not at any point did I ask for bikkni's or maid outfits :) That's all in your imagination that you're projecting on to me. I disagree with your opinion where you say that the cosmetics look perfectly suited to both sexes. Hence why I made this discussion :wink:

I would think that such "cute" dresses will be for ingame royalty etc.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    Eventually getting to see some more sleek cosmetic armor would be awesome, I do however still think they need to be fit for combat. It could be a mage or cleric robe of some sort, unless used mostly for RP purposes. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to run around in cute dresses during combat.
  • Options
    MermaidTearsMermaidTears Member
    edited August 2019
    @branegames I understand the part where you talked about dresses not being ideal for combat, but that just makes me question the cosmetic skins we've seen so far even more. I also couldn't see a female in big bulky knight armor due to the impracticality of combat. I would like to see some sleek fitted armor and maybe a fitted dress for a mage. The devs talk a lot about immersive gameplay and I think that could ruin some immersion for some.
    fyet5j.png

• Options
    @branegames I understand that part about dresses not being ideal for combat, but that just makes me question the cosmetic skins we've seen so far even more. I also couldn't see a female in big bulky knight armor due to the impracticality of combat. I would like to see some sleek fitted armor and maybe a fitted dress for a mage.

Bulky armor often has it's purposes depending on the class you're playing. Unless very mobile, melee classes often need something a little heavier to protect them, especially tanks.

I'm not on my pc now, but I'll log on in a bit and find some of the mage armor that we've been showcased as well as a dress from the Kickstarter, which I think look really cool :)
  • Options
    @branegames Thanks :) ill look forward to it.
    fyet5j.png

• Options
    NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Have to say I agree. Although I like not seeing the overly slutty bikini "armours" that we see in other games, I do find myself missing more feminine and elegant armour styles such as dresses and figure complimenting outfits. Many of the monthly cosmetics so far for females kind of look like a copy paste from the male model, just a little smaller. Don't get me wrong, I do not mind such styles, but I'm an advocate for variation and it would be nice to see something more in the other direction too.

Here's to hoping that we get to see something more feminine sooner or later :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    @branegames Thanks :) ill look forward to it.

450px-Mage_belt.png
    450px-Royalty_costume.png
    450px-Colonial.png
    450px-Harmony_Attire.png
    Majesty_costume.png

I do however agree that something more elegant and tight fitting would be nice to have. Maybe a rogue set? Generally I like both bulky and elegant/sleek armor for my female character as there in my opinion is a use for both of them.

I am personally hoping for a viking looking, badass female set to eventually come to the store. Either that, or a ninja looking armor set :)
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Knowing MMOs and knowing steven I would say you have a very high chance of getting what you want. (unlike me who lacks a lich skin)
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    EvoWEvoW Member
    nagash wrote: »
    Knowing MMOs and knowing steven I would say you have a very high chance of getting what you want. (unlike me who lacks a lich skin)

It would be cool if your character could become an undead via a very obscure questline or something. Maybe a necromancer raises you from the dead or something.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    EvoW wrote: »

It would be cool if your character could become an undead via a very obscure questline or something. Maybe a necromancer raises you from the dead or something.

I wish but he already said no
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    @nagash aw thats a shame :( no undead heh
    fyet5j.png

• Options
    How about the type of dress from the Zoro movie where he and his wife are sword fighting?

Don't remember the name of the movie or have stills of it.
  • Options
    @dancer That would be great <3
    fyet5j.png

• Options
    Here is the Zoro and wife fight scene. But would love the game to have all the combat action but with the spanish dress with one side drapped over one arm in stead of what this scene shows here wearing.
    https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A2KLfSBJAkZdLggA6bVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEycHBtMWNzBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjY4MzNfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=zoro+wife+sword+fighting&fr=yfp-t#id=5&vid=c5077822b329bed80c0bb792e960bd1b&action=view
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Member, Founder
    edited August 2019

^ Dresses - Cute

No thanks, breaks immersion.... There are plenty of MMOs up to your standard, BDO, Tera, FF just to name a few....

Nothing is more cringy then battle armor that is tailored based on gender and not function or purpose... Its an all out fight from city to dungeons, let me wear a floral dress to the occasion lmao....
  • Options
    I recall steven said he wanted more realistic armors and not these ½ naked woman armors.
    Plus it is a game, where they have RP in mind. I can emagine you will be able to buy or craft dresses in-game. Just because you don't see it in the cashshop dosen't mean it won't be in-game. I kind of find this stupid. I get that you want a dress. Wait and see what will be in-game

Racial skins enable a player to change their character's racial appearance.

Racial skins can be toggled on and off.
    Racial skins are not costumes. This means that armor and character customization is possible on these.

Skin color customization.
    Racial skins appear along with any costume appearances.
    There are plans to create other racial skins.

Some potential future ideas include undead and werewolf (lycan) skins.

• Options
    They have already given us some dresses in the shop, but I really hope that inside game no battle armor would be a dress, except perhaps some for the magic based characters, the idea of a knight/fighter/rogue/archer woman wearing a dress in the middle of a battle or a mission is definitely a big no from the immersion POV but I can see a female necromancer wearing a long black dress with a crown even showing some skin, but that's it, not even the "armor" that the female characters uses in Fate Stay Knight seems to fit in the AoC world, at least not from what Intrepid has promised
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    insomnia wrote: »
    I recall steven said he wanted more realistic armors and not these ½ naked woman armors.
    Plus it is a game, where they have RP in mind. I can emagine you will be able to buy or craft dresses in-game. Just because you don't see it in the cashshop dosen't mean it won't be in-game. I kind of find this stupid. I get that you want a dress. Wait and see what will be in-game

Racial skins are not costumes. This means that armor and character customization is possible on these.

I haven’t heard anything above changing racial appearances of characters. Only the devil/angel skins come anywhere close to such a thing.

Armor will, however, take different shapes based on the race that wears them. So the new armor cosmetics my have their previewed appearance on elves, but on dwarves and orcs it would look very different in all but the paint job. These cosmetic changes won’t be toggleable, as far as I know based on the info presented so far.

Undead skins have so far been taken off the table of possibilities. Lycans probably won’t exist either as a cosmetic, maybe as a functional thing, if Tulnar don’t already fill the role of were-creatures in Ashes.
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    It's a fantasy world, so bring on the fantasy. The only thing I ask is that all be togglable.
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fairs fair. I reckon we could be due for one. I think its a good suggestion.
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Interesting question. I vote yes to the dress.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    Caeryl wrote: »

I haven’t heard anything above changing racial appearances of characters. Only the devil/angel skins come anywhere close to such a thing.

Armor will, however, take different shapes based on the race that wears them. So the new armor cosmetics my have their previewed appearance on elves, but on dwarves and orcs it would look very different in all but the paint job. These cosmetic changes won’t be toggleable, as far as I know based on the info presented so far.

Undead skins have so far been taken off the table of possibilities. Lycans probably won’t exist either as a cosmetic, maybe as a functional thing, if Tulnar don’t already fill the role of were-creatures in Ashes.

I took it from the wiki for ashes
  • Options
    Caeryl wrote: »

I took it from the wiki for ashes

Hm, I suppose the hard no on Undead was in reference to an Undead race. Still, unless the racial skins (tbh “polymorphs” would be a better name) are effected by character race, they would really fall flat.