Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Karma and the Sandal?

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Bold insight? All big guilds subverting little guilds get ready. I think the Hoard mode is the answer to those that seek to upset the programmers and everyone else by squatting on their turf, month after month. Although I do not believe that PVP is the solution, challenging stagnant dynasties is. How many of us have left games because guild ‘X’ is the uber guild? I trust and hope Sandal can withstand the howls of the mega guilds and white knights when the reset button is pushed. The Horde mode is a way to keep ashes up to date and interesting. Could I say intrigue? If you are in a guild of over 500 – post your concerns here – or forever hold your peace. Risk and reward. Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think no matter how much steven tries we will always have huge mega guilds that will own significant portions of the map
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    BluehBlueh Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    edited October 2019
    Most "huge mega Guilds" Crash and burn in drama after a while since there is usually alot of players with a huge ego in them and that ends up splitting into 2 or more guilds that hate eachother.

In Albion online My guild stomped on all other for like 2 months so they ganged up and now they are like 8k ppl against 2k it corrects itself. Just like mega empires they all fail eventually.

EDIT: Also The guilds that have huge numbers are usually not that good, u need order and discipline to be ontop and 1000ppl mega alliances usually lack that they have 80% deadweight so if u have a 300person "Elite" guild u still have 100more ppl that do usefull stuff than the big ones
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I just look forward to guild vs guild drama. I haven’t been involved in anything like that since SWG, when my server’s imps and rebs were roasting each other on the forums constantly.

I was an imp and we were one of the few imp-dominated servers in the game. Once as a big middle finger to the Rebellion we built a bunch of military buildings in the shape of a giant Imperial symbol on Lok (zoomed way out looking down from above), just daring them to come blow them up. It was glorious.

Bring on the drama, I miss it. All my other MMOs have either been filled with guilds minding their own business or what little drama was from petty in-fighting and people breaking off to make new guilds with bad feelings. I want to see guilds where people are constantly trying to murder each other.

(Not in real life, in the game, the game. Just to be clear!)

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    BluehBlueh Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Yea i have that in Albion atm and its so much fun creating daily propaganda memes and vids of killing you the enemy guilds. Since its a sandbox completely even the mob drops are player crafted, the drama is the story in the game, and its glorious.
  • Options
    BelewynBelewyn Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Who can translate the OP for me?
    9ZFgGjR.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Belewyn wrote: »
    Who can translate the OP for me?

you should ask @Karthos
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace