Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Have you bought anything from last month's cosmetics?

TsukasaTsukasa Member
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
I want to know how rare exclusive cosmetics are going to be after the release.
If only ~100 players care to buy them. Why don't Intrepid stop selling them, at least until the community is in a better state?
They are too good-looking to be only limited for NPCs and few players!

EDIT:
Preferably, say what items you bought. And will you continue doing so after seeing from last stream how awfully slow the development is?

Comments

• lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've bought a couple but I am looking for a specific aesthetic. I imagine more than 100 people buy things every month and some are probably more popular than others like Halloween themed packs for all the necromancers out there.
    signature.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I got everything apart from the lion
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I haven't purchased anything Ashes-related since the kickstarter in 2017.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    I got everything apart from the lion
    Because?

I didn't like the lion
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Got the armour skin and the raven.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • BluehBlueh Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Ive got like 2 cloth looking sets and a mount since the kickstarter since plate is for peasants. Royalty wears comfy silk or cloth clothes.
  • I did not buy anything and I won't do any shopping until I can see the game will be enjoyable for me for longer period. It has great potential, but I read lot of mechanics here what others like very much, but I do not like them. If they implement too many form them, this game will not be made for me.
  • BluehBlueh Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Darksaber wrote: »
    Some royals wear plate mail. Like darksteel full plate or mithril plate or obsidian-forged plate, like the drow.

Yes in some barbarian societies, in the lands of culture like wood elves there are no such barbarisms.
    Blueh wrote: »
    Some royals wear plate mail. Like darksteel full plate or mithril plate or obsidian-forged plate, like the drow.

Yes in some barbarian societies, in the lands of culture like wood elves there are no such barbarisms.

"Cultured" of course ya tree hugging hippi. True warlords wear chain and leather, plate and iron! I will show you how your oh so clean cloth looks, when i run you through with my spear.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »

"Cultured" of course ya tree hugging hippi. True warlords wear chain and leather, plate and iron! I will show you how your oh so clean cloth looks, when i run you through with my spear.

see I never have that problem
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited November 2019

Nagash, ectoplasm leaves stains on cloth that you will never get out xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • GhoostyGhoosty Member
    edited November 2019
    @Tsukasa I do not remember everything and I am not sure if it is just a few people who like them the and they are loud.
    For example:
    I prefer DPS-Healer-Tank trinity(maybe a support 4th one). Some other people like free group.
    You have to chose 5-10 skill in a safe place and you can use only with them in a fight.
    Too big death penalty.
    Somebody like when a guild able guard a place to farm a boss.
    Wrongly implemented tab/action target. (lot of people want action target only)
    Zero LFG system. I do not prefer the WoW like teleport system, but neither the shouting in the town that: 'Looking for a group tank needed!'
    This will be a sandbox and themepark mix game. If there will be too much sandbox, I will not like it.
    I also have a big fear regarding how they will handle the openworld raid. I would like to avoid a situation that I am trying with my group, and somebody arrive and meanwhile we regroup after a wipe they kill the boss. So what can we do next? (boss respawn?, different boss spawn somewhere else?, we were the weaker so try it tomorrow.)
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

You assume he wants to.

Robes aren’t really broken in until an unholy skeleton silhouette is burned into them like some blasphemous Shroud of Turin.

Hhak63P.png
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Don't usually go in for much in the way of cosmetics only purchased a couple of things thus far. The Raven from last month I just had to have. I then thought to myself OK can happily settle back it will be several months before there will be anything else I will want to buy.

THEN I SAW THE BEAR MOUNT! NOOOO I must have. Even though it will be the second bear mount skin I have. Yes I bought the armoured bear mount skin from several months back. Now all I need is a bear pack animal and a bear pet for the complete set, the three bears.

I will be able to happily wander the snowy hills and mountains with my little bear family in tow.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Haven't gotten much, but this one looks promising. Might just pick up a couple. Just cannot bear to let them slide by.
    Atama wrote: »

You assume he wants to.

Robes aren’t really broken in until an unholy skeleton silhouette is burned into them like some blasphemous Shroud of Turin.

kavi-mewa-ladyo-sideview-01.jpg?1552859010
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• sarkadosarkado Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2019
    All I know is I have like 16 pages of items in the Intrepid Store of things I've bought. At this point its probably easier to tell you what I haven't purchased.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I missed last month because for a long time they stopped updating the rewards, and I stopped checking. I haven’t bought a lot of things but I buy stuff now and then if they look cool, seem like they’d fit with a character I plan to make, and aren’t crazy expensive.

I may buy that bear mount though. If we can name mounts I’d name him Beary Allen in hopes that he’d run faster.

Hhak63P.png
  • RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited November 2019

For me, this is ideal. Only a few players wearing the same costume means more visual diversity in the game world, and the costume actually stands out more. There should be many options where players have as little overlap in their style choices as possible rather than many players going for costume X imho. This way, everyone looks more like an individual.
  • I got all but the lion. It didn’t really fit with the theme in my opinion. Black and purple are my favorite colors and the somewhat creepy vibes make for a nice combo.
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    edited November 2019
    Ravudha wrote: »

For me, this is ideal. Only a few players wearing the same costume means more visual diversity in the game world, and the costume actually stands out more. There should be many options where players have as little overlap in their style choices as possible rather than many players going for costume X imho. This way, everyone looks more like an individual.

Would you still say that if only one player wore it? (which is definitely possible in less population servers)
    It's kind of selfish to agree to such a thing. I like the idea of exclusivity but the execution is bad imo. What a waste.

Cosmetics are openly available for a month at a time, not gimmicky two-day only “sales” or surprise announcements or limited to ten people. If only one person liked it enough to buy it on a particular server, what’s the harm? It seems fine to me, it makes them memorable certainly.

It’s perfectly acceptable to have cosmetics be retired. It gives them some prestige. It also keeps player looks very different because there are so many aesthetic options being cycled through.

We’re going to get plenty of in-game cosmetics, so it’s not as though everyone is gonna be stuck with a brown paper sack if they don’t have one of the fancy outfits.
  • Caeryl wrote: »
    It’s perfectly acceptable to have cosmetics be retired.

In the fundamental things I totally agree with you. It is OK to create something what is available temporally, and the one who love can buy it.
    But I have slight bad feeling that they are selling temporally something for a game where we have very limited information about it. Additionally they are showing only concept arts, not in-game models. What if is it looks cool on humans, but looks awful on an orc?
    I know the marketing and I understand the monetization, but it is a big risk.
  • Ghoosty wrote: »
    Caeryl wrote: »
    It’s perfectly acceptable to have cosmetics be retired.

In the fundamental things I totally agree with you. It is OK to create something what is available temporally, and the one who love can buy it.
    But I have slight bad feeling that they are selling temporally something for a game where we have very limited information about it. Additionally they are showing only concept arts, not in-game models. What if is it looks cool on humans, but looks awful on an orc?
    I know the marketing and I understand the monetization, but it is a big risk.

It is a risk, same as the Kickstarter was. But, we’re seeing in-game models being worked on currently. The cursed charger, the otter mounts. Those were initially concept art too