Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Pumped

I am so super pumped for this game.

I have followed the development for a couple years now and really love the direction Steven & Intrepid are taking.

I can't wait for that feeling of "danger" when entering an unknown area for the first time, the return of risk/reward, the excitement of undiscovered magical items, and more!

I still remember entering Darkshore for the first time. My heart was beating fast and I felt a real sense of danger. I still remember how hard I had to work to get the mats for Mycah's Botanical Bag, then finding a tailor with that rare pattern to make the bag. Those days have been gone for years. MMOs have sadly degenerated into...cartoonish meh. I stopped playing WOW 5 years ago and have been unimpressed by every MMO I have tried since. I should have quit WOW as soon as they introduced the Mr. T grenades.

As development continues to progress, I hope they continue to limit the release of game information. There is nothing like the thrill of discovery. I hope the game economy is robust, the crafting system is rich, and there is a decent amount of solo play in addition to the group content that makes an MMO an MMO.

Thank you Steven and Intrepid for all you are doing. I can't wait!

Comments

• Finely some one who chairs my love for discovering and don't complain about the to poor info that IS give us.

Discovering would be to sad to spoil !
    And by now what they have share is good in of .

Just maybe some more info on the mechanism that could influence our early chooses in the game that all I'm waiting for.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I hope that they stick to their guns when keeping lore out of the build up and allow us to discover it in the world. Along with figuring out what plants can be harvested, minerals mined, animals tamed (I hope that they put in at least 1 animal that looks tamable, but will try to eat you), etc.

Discovery is a large part of the enjoyment of these games. Getting everything handed to you is why I gave up on some games.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It would be awesome, if they released a map from the time before the races had to flee or hide.
    Everyone would just think that everything stayed the same, but remember: The story so far is that EONS passed. A ton of stuff can happen, that could alter the terrain in that amount of time.
    I think it would make an awesome contrast between our old homeland and this new wilderness that we will have to settle.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That would be amazing. We get general ideas on the shape of the land, but have to wait for the specifics.
    A couple years down the road (or weeks depending on the people), we could compare the full map versus the ancient map to see the changes.