What are you most excited for?

Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
At the risk of increase the speed of the Hype Train everybody seems to be on, what system are you guys most excited about? What class seems catches your eye the most?

For me it would have to be the rogue class and the design and aesthetic of the dungeons/raids we have seen so far.
ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comments

• mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    Tulnar

but really, Tulnar as well as most of the systems and how they synergize. I don't think I can pick one....besides Tulnar.
  • Atm necromancer, or failing that mage appeals to me most for classes.

I am most excited by the immersion of the world. All the systems in place to make it feel like a world to live in, are so radically different from any MMO we've had in over 15 years now. There's been some tiny indie titles that have tried and died, ArcheAge and others come close but then sabotage themselves with p2w mechanics and no OCE servers, etc.

I'm just really hyped to play an MMORPG, finally, after so very long. One I can actually sink my teeth into and stick around.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The lore
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Running through a node as it grows!
  • NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Hmm.. I am very excited by the promise of real and meaningful economy, it's a rare sight in MMO's these days. I really like the thought of that even base gathering materials will actually have a value throughout the game due to the item deterioration system. It just sounds like they've actually thought about how items and system can play off each other to mean something, instead of just be systems of their own with no connections.

Other than that, ever since the beginnnig I've been very interested in the animal husbandry system, hoping to create some beautiful mounts!
    giphy.gif
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Open world group content. Most mmorpgs these days seem to have forgotten the mm part. If Ashes delivers as promised you will actually have to rely on other players and other players will rely on you.
  • Excited to see how the primary and secondary class archetype interactions play out and if they'll lend themselves to different or unique gameplay styles.

Also excited to get immersed into the world, seeing small camps eventually blossom into large cities via the node system. All the while experiencing such among hundreds, if not thousands, of other players.
    ezgif-3-b7b5eae89b.gif
  • PlateauPlateau Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2023
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • tugowartugowar Member, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tulnar

but really, Tulnar as well as most of the systems and how synergize. I don't think I can pick one....besides Tulnar.

Seriously @mcstackerson ?

gross

Virtue is the only good.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tulnar FTW.

But most excited for sieges. When they happen on my server I'll be there if I can. One side or the other.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."
    Alfred
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tugowar wrote: »
    Tulnar

but really, Tulnar as well as most of the systems and how synergize. I don't think I can pick one....besides Tulnar.

Seriously @mcstackerson ?

gross

<3
  • I guess I'm excited about the open world PvP and the risk-reward system, as well as the dynamic world concept. Overall, I'm excited about the gameplay as a whole!
  • StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    Besides the obvious love of seeing people enjoy our hard work, I’m most excited to see the players build different worlds across the different servers.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Besides the obvious love of seeing people enjoy our hard work, I’m most excited to see the players build different worlds across the different servers.

I hope you guys plan on doing periodic write ups on what each server is doing, along with stats in relation to which nodes are most popular at which level and such.
  • DiveDive Member
    Node types, and just nodes in general, really, really interested in seeing how they will work out and the benefits of types of nodes.
  • Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    noaani wrote: »

I hope you guys plan on doing periodic write ups on what each server is doing, along with stats in relation to which nodes are most popular at which level and such.

That would be pretty cool if somebody did that. Treated the rise and fall of nodes as the history of world. It would create a really interesting lore to each server.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • I'm super excited about the class system and guild stuff. I hope Highsword functions like a DPS paladin archetype. I love paladins, but tanking isn't something I wanna main. If it feels like a ret paladin or something, I'm super happy. I just wanna play a ret paladin dwarf that's in a dwarf guild and we live in a mountain node and run things. That type of fantasy is super interesting to me and might have me addicted if it's all I'm hoping it will be.
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    A new MMORPG with actual meaningful PvP. It's been too long since we got one that wasn't riddled with P2W.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Cant wait to rp as a slave trader. though the game wont support this im guessing, I wont allow such blasphemy to hold me back.
  • LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Yes.
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • I am excited for finally possibly having a better mmorpg. At the moment I play classic wow.

From text base, to board, EQ, vanilla wow, classic, and now possibly ashes.

Might try alpha but kind of don’t want to spoil the future adventures I will have.

In the meantime I will be watching while playing classic and BG3. Waiting for ashes.

• animal husbandry, its something that you always want to use
  • MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

You need to hold an epic launch day speech!
  • XenantayaXenantaya Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm most excited about the dynamic content and the world constantly changing, including regarding PvE encounters. So seeing new dungeons pop up as nodes level, existing dungeons becoming more difficult, world bosses appearing, new monsters spawns as node levels or season change, etc. Instead of doing the same dungeons and quests day after day, week after week, we'll get different content that should help the game stay fresh and keep the player engaged.

(This dynamic content also seems to be the most difficult thing to pull off from a technical standpoint, so I have my fingers crossed that it goes as smoothly as possible.)
  • MairennMairenn Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    For me it is the way you can travel the world : very few people with temporary flying mounts, and few fast travel. Just the right amount to meet people, discover the world by foot... I love that. Flying mounts and fast travel often destroy open world PvP, fun meetings and world immersion.
    I love also that there won't be any Looking For Group system.
    I hope they will never add these features to their game.
  • JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I usually like talking to the random NPC's and maybe finding little ways they know each other or interact with the story. Side plots and side/secret lore are what I'm excited for. Plus being able to watch others play on different servers and seeing how different it could be.
  • NaxxazNaxxaz Member
    Limited myself to three
    1. Action Combat (Please god, be good)
    2. Getting that sweet rare drop equipment for the first time.
    3. Owning any sort of land or home
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • Becoming rank #1 in the 1v1 arena. Hope the duelist class is good!
  • Animal husbandry: I want to just make weird mounts that are powerful and look good. I think that experimenting to find a good breed of animal is interesting and make mounts more valuable.
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    open world pvp !
    Signature-member.gif