Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Beautiful clothes / vanity gear

2»

Comments

• Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    ruMynx wrote: »
    I, too, am strongly in favour of feminine attire. I am not into skulls and bones and if that is what I have to look at while playing the game, I will get disenchanted with it. I wouldn't go so far as bikinis for fighting. If I want to play an all powerful sorceress though, I am darned sure going to pick my tailor to my liking. If all I get is drab dude robes...that implies to me that I don't have a choice. Do you want the platform to be female player friendly? (I assume so - rhetorical). There are many ways to make APPEALING feminine attire without losing the medieval theme. Don't box us into male armour skins.

Female players vary so much on what they want in armour. I believe in giving choice to the individual. I, personally, will own any male objectivity that result from my choices.

If I wanted to look like a dude, I would play a dude.

And what is wrong with bones?

They belong to corpses.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    I, too, am strongly in favour of feminine attire. I am not into skulls and bones and if that is what I have to look at while playing the game, I will get disenchanted with it. I wouldn't go so far as bikinis for fighting. If I want to play an all powerful sorceress though, I am darned sure going to pick my tailor to my liking. If all I get is drab dude robes...that implies to me that I don't have a choice. Do you want the platform to be female player friendly? (I assume so - rhetorical). There are many ways to make APPEALING feminine attire without losing the medieval theme. Don't box us into male armour skins.

Female players vary so much on what they want in armour. I believe in giving choice to the individual. I, personally, will own any male objectivity that result from my choices.

They belong to corpses.

Wow did you really just say that. Im shocked
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    I have bones. I'm just shy about displaying them in the open :|
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

They belong to corpses.

Someone had to break it to you eventually... well for all your undead and bone talk you can't even make an undead character...
  • Options

They belong to corpses.

Someone had to break it to you eventually... well for all your undead and bone talk you can't even make an undead character...

sure I can just got to find a large cliff and jump then respawn and BOOM undead
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    ruMynxruMynx Member

Nothing wrong with bones. It is just not MY personal fashion style.
  • Options

Nothing wrong with bones. It is just not MY personal fashion style.

but bones are love bone are unlife
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    ruMynxruMynx Member
    I suppose I did leave it between the lines before. There are so many play styles. Let people who want to wear armour that looks like it is teticular and mammary crushing if that is what they want for their idea of realism.

I support having choice. If I want to be dressed like Joan of Arc depictions, I want that choice. If I want to dress in flowing silk robes in {traditional to my mind} Elven style, then I want that choice.

I am totally in favour of having options for females to be female without lending sexuality to it. I am totally in favour of having the feminine enhancing (my definition of it) attire too. Even something like geisha robes could be integrated. I wouldn't personally chose the middle-school girl outfits you find in some games, but I am not put out that others do.

I am not an artist. I just appreciate the art. Too much realism defeats the purpose of me immersing hours of my time a day in game play.
  • Options
    I feel that a lot of Reasonable Fantasy Reddit would fit in this thread
    E8OOol.gif
  • Options
    Personally I'm more partial to the rugged, piecemeal, crude style of armor that looks more akin to a roguish type slapped with some leather, hide and metal all dyed black but looks like it and person wearing it has seen some action!
    ezgif-3-b7b5eae89b.gif
  • Options
    Hurf DerfmanHurf Derfman Member
    edited August 2020
    There are many players out there who view wearing/displaying BiS armor as a status symbols.

I would love for this concept to be applied to non combat related in game clothes.

Basically expensive clothes to flaunt with no stats on em.

I also think that artisan gear with crafting/processing/gathering stats instead of combat stats would be pretty cool.

Cooking apron/chef's hat, lumberjack garb, fishing gear, carpentry gear, alchemist lab coat and so on.

Would a tamer possibly look like a cowboy? I sure hope so.
    A scribe a scholar? Totally.

That being said, none of this stuff should be able to replace your combat gears appearance.

While I'm on this line of thinking, a monarch being able to change their helm to a crown if they hold a castle should be a thing.
    🤴👸
  • Options
    Ljosalfar wrote: »
    Personally I'm more partial to the rugged, piecemeal, crude style of armor that looks more akin to a roguish type slapped with some leather, hide and metal all dyed black but looks like it and person wearing it has seen some action!

Toss a coin to your Witcher. 🎶
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Amist wrote: »
    I disagree in that regard. I think in order for the game world to feel more immersive, a sense of realism needs to apply at least when talking about battle gear. Having a tank run around in a bikini does not make sense if their role is to soak damage. Your abdomen would just get shredded open if you wore a bikini into battle.
    In a high fantasy setting, Tanks in bikini armor works fine for immersion.
    If it's a world with no magic - bikini armor would break immersion, sure.

• Options
    SamsonSamson Member
    edited August 2020
    Keep in mind that this is a western world MMO...
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    LfmrLfmr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have a sort of interesting perspective on this, I played APB for many years, which undoubtedly, hands down has the best customization of any game on the market. It's usually the women players that have their characters dressed in kink gear and more power to them in my opinion.

I don't think people should be telling others how their character should look, the whole point of having an avatar is so that you can relate to the thing that you're controlling, you should be enabled to dress them up how you want.

You also have to keep in mind, this is a world filled with magic, it's not supposed to be realistic, there is literally flying mounts and bears made out of lava and fire, you can ride giant dragons (and little dragons.) The whole argument that a tank wearing a bikini (or bikini armor) doesn't really make sense, maybe that bikini was enchanted by the gods themselves, maybe my hairy male orc is wearing said bikini because it's the best armor in the game, don't judge me.