Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

My hopes for tanks/heals/support in pvp

The only other game I have personally played that had groups of 8 was Dark age of Camelot. My hope in this game for tanks/heals/support in PVP is general what it was in DAoC. Tanks where used at front liners and peelers. Healers had heals/buffs and importantly a CC like a stun or a mez, support had off heals combat buffs and a CC as well. This made them paramount for any 8 man in pvp. I know we haven’t seen much when it comes to skills for each primary and augments from the secondary. But I’m very hopeful these 3 class types have something making them desirable in pvp and we’re not just seeing groups of 8 dps rolling around nuking people. Can’t wait for the videos highlighting classes to come out!!!

Comments

• Options
    Stop asking this game to copy other games' combat systems and roles.
  • Options
    I apologize..... I guess I can only ask for things from lineage 2 and archage which most of the game came from those 2.... again sorry
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »

why so passiv aggressive?

Yes the class system is already "done" but in every other threat people ask for the combat to be fun, engaging and fluid. If he wants to voice which game he had fun with the combat system then thats a good thing.

His core question was that he hopes that dps arent so over powered in masses that there are only dps / healer or pure dps group destroying everything and that there will be variaty in group combats meaning tanks shouldnt have high dps but utilities to peel for their dps and healers to make them a good choice to run in a composition.

and the statement itself doesnt make sense. this entire game is a copy of other games core feature with a core feature of its own.

use the advice your mom gave you when you were younger. if you got nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all.
  • Options
    @Frank Castle Thank you for understanding where I was coming from.
  • Options
    In how many posts do people have to tell the same thing. Every class will have a hard counter and every class will be a hard counter to another class. So even in PvP there will be a need for all of the classes.
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020

why so passiv aggressive?

Yes the class system is already "done" but in every other threat people ask for the combat to be fun, engaging and fluid. If he wants to voice which game he had fun with the combat system then thats a good thing.

His core question was that he hopes that dps arent so over powered in masses that there are only dps / healer or pure dps group destroying everything and that there will be variaty in group combats meaning tanks shouldnt have high dps but utilities to peel for their dps and healers to make them a good choice to run in a composition.

and the statement itself doesnt make sense. this entire game is a copy of other games core feature with a core feature of its own.

use the advice your mom gave you when you were younger. if you got nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all.

I wasn't being passive aggressive. I merely stated what I felt. There are a thousand posts on the forums asking for the combat/roles in this game to be like this or that game. There is no need for this game to emulate other games. How about ashes having its own unique roles and combat systems? Is that too difficult to imagine?

As for dps groups destroying everything, they have CLEARLY stated that they are balancing around 8 man groups. So there is no way a 8 man dps group will be able to run over everything. There will be sufficient variety.

Sorry, my mom also taught me to not waste my time. I'm not wasting my time explaining to someone who, instead of reading the several group balance posts on this forum, jumps to making a post asking this game to copy something from another game.
  • Options
    I didn’t say to copy anything all I said was I hope they have abilities or something to make them wanted In groups for pvp!! And AGAIN this game is a copy of OTHER GAMES!!!! I’m tired of these salty people coming on these forums and just putting people down, no one is making you read people’s post. You are making an effort to read my post then taking the time to come in a being a jerk. Your WASTING YOUR OWN TIME!! People are excited they have hope again, they just want this to work out!! Go be salty somewhere else. I firmly believe Steve was honest when he said he likes to hear all feed back and what part of games people thought were fun. Have a great day.
  • Options
    Daedrik45 wrote: »
    I didn’t say to copy anything all I said was I hope they have abilities or something to make them wanted In groups for pvp!! And AGAIN this game is a copy of OTHER GAMES!!!! I’m tired of these salty people coming on these forums and just putting people down, no one is making you read people’s post. You are making an effort to read my post then taking the time to come in a being a jerk. Your WASTING YOUR OWN TIME!! People are excited they have hope again, they just want this to work out!! Go be salty somewhere else. I firmly believe Steve was honest when he said he likes to hear all feed back and what part of games people thought were fun. Have a great day.

I only responded like that because frank decided to respond in a similar way to me. Its not directed at you, ignore it.
  • Options
    daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member
    edited August 2020
    Dude this whole game was designed by taking the good systems from other games. Stop shutting people down for their ideas.
  • Options
    JexzJexz Member
    I don't think you will have to worry about the support classes.
    Healers are always needed. The Tank has some great utility concepts already. If Bard is a buff/debuff class it will be easy to make it wanted over a DPS. The hard part will be to make the DPS balanced so the meta isn't to just pick 1 or 2 . This may not even be able to be balanced around as we don't know what casted and siege war looks like. This may come down to objectives and the terrain. Doesn't make sense for a tank fighter or rogue to sit on a ledge. Nor does it make sense for an archer to push through corridors.

But I can understand your concerns BDO's NW meta has been a stagnant wizard PA rotation /teleport AOE spam.
  • Options
    @CaptainChuck perhaps you should consider not venting all of your hostility and bile towards other people trying to provide feedback. Someone pointing out systems they liked in previous games is perfectly valid, regardless of how you might feel about it.

Just ask yourself before you respond to a thread: "Do I have anything constructive to add to this?"

If the answer is "No.", like it was here, then simply don't post. Toxicity isn't useful.
  • Options
    Niraada wrote: »
    @CaptainChuck perhaps you should consider not venting all of your hostility and bile towards other people trying to provide feedback. Someone pointing out systems they liked in previous games is perfectly valid, regardless of how you might feel about it.

Just ask yourself before you respond to a thread: "Do I have anything constructive to add to this?"

If the answer is "No.", like it was here, then simply don't post. Toxicity isn't useful.

Oh look who's talking, aren't you the most peaceful one out here. I am allowed to state my opinions, and you're allowed to view it negatively. I viewed @Daedrik45 opinion negatively. He viewed my statement negatively. End of story.
  • Options
    Niraada wrote: »

Oh look who's talking, aren't you the most peaceful one out here. I am allowed to state my opinions, and you're allowed to view it negatively. I viewed @Daedrik45 opinion negatively. He viewed my statement negatively. End of story.

Are you deliberately being a hypocrite, or just accidentally?