Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Woe Within the Woodlands

MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
edited October 2020 in Announcements
Voyager_Plus_1920.jpg

Each living being is endowed with some measure of sentience, and the great forests of this land are not so different. Some inevitably cultivate energies of a darker nature, and the landscape begins to twist in kind. A few devotees have dedicated themselves to a life within these transcendent places, eager to discover the secrets that lie within the land’s understanding.

The Woe Within the Woodlands cosmetic addons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from October 7, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until November 4, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that the Heat and Harmony addons will be removed on October 7, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2020-10-05-woe-within-the-woodlands
marketing.gif

Comments

• sarkadosarkado Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Love it as always.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I sware you make October items just for me :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Beautiful, as always :)
    yel5Hzm.gif
  • Does the Caravan Skin come with the mount skin shown in the picture or would you have to also buy the mount skin to match to the separately purchased Caravan skin?
  • sarkadosarkado Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    loghan wrote: »
    Does the Caravan Skin come with the mount skin shown in the picture or would you have to also buy the mount skin to match to the separately purchased Caravan skin?

To my knowledge you hitch your horse or mount to the caravan so you would need to purchase the mount skin as well.
  • digitalwinddigitalwind Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited October 2020
    sarkado wrote: »
    Does the Caravan Skin come with the mount skin shown in the picture or would you have to also buy the mount skin to match to the separately purchased Caravan skin?

To my knowledge you hitch your horse or mount to the caravan so you would need to purchase the mount skin as well.

I thought it came with it, you don't ride the pack animal after all, you sit in the coach driver's seat.

For example, on year's winter theme was a Dog sled with a separate Reindeer mount
  • I was hoping for something much more spooky. Still looks awesome as far as content goes...but was really banking on some super Halloween content. Honestly the red and black nightmare pack makes this look like childs play in terms of scary. Regardless, the artwork does look fantastic and it is a cool idea, my constructive feedback is for next October to go all in on the horror aspect of October and halloween.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • That is so mean! Now I have to get all of these! I have a month to save up!
  • Man a couple of those are really really tempting. I have last months full pack for A2 access so i'll sit and think on some of these. Stunning art as usual...
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter

Steven won't tell us. I've been asking since 2017. This is the only thing bringing in any money and he won't take 5 seconds to type, "Mount sold separately."
    fNX2ISa.png

• DemidreamerDemidreamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I really like the Hovel, very alluring~
  • Well the cat and the tree house looks amazing!
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2020
    sunfrog wrote: »

Steven won't tell us. I've been asking since 2017. This is the only thing bringing in any money and he won't take 5 seconds to type, "Mount sold separately."

Actually they have answered it. It is a single skin. The mounts connected to the caravan are part of the same appearance. When you build out your personal caravan you will place your mount of choice in the mount slot, and then when you skin it it will have that appearance whether it is a single or multiple mounts on the skin.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Dolyem wrote: »
    I was hoping for something much more spooky. Still looks awesome as far as content goes.., my constructive feedback is for next October to go all in on the horror aspect of October and halloween.

Yeah, my favorite month of the year is October when it comes to Ashe's skin purchases. It's the theme I will likely wear year round so every year I can't wait to finally get another spooky skin. But I did really like this year's october line up so no complaints here but i'm with ya, next october I hope they go full horror aspect / Doom style.
  • @unknownsystemerror Thanks, very good to know, i'll trust you on that.
  • It's kinda of hard to tell from a static image, is the horse meant to look like a black shell, with glowing "will o wisp" effect going on inside it, or is that color pattern surface level?
    E8OOol.gif
  • AsuraAsura Member
    edited October 2020
    Cmon Intrepid, have mercy on my wallet please!
  • Dukem96Dukem96 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    fuuuuuuuu~~~~

please i have responsibilities
  • Will there be a tavern pet that hangs out inside the tavern that we can apply the cub skin to? I can see it curled up in front of a fireplace and wandering around the customers with curiosity and playful mischief.
    sunfrog wrote: »
    Actually they have answered it. It is a single skin.

Let Steven answer it. You just ensured that he'll ignore the cosmetics shop for another 3 years.
    fNX2ISa.png

• T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2020
    @MargaretKrohn or @LieutenantToast a couple of questions about the cosmetics:

1. Does the mount make noises? cause it says it creaks
    2. Does the costume come with the wand? as that really makes the outfit complete; if not, how would you go about getting it?
    3. Does your hair and/or face also change with the costume?
    4. Will your feet show with the costume?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• SorfSorf Member
    edited October 2020
    T Elf wrote: »

2. Does the costume come with the wand? as that really makes the outfit complete; if not, how would you go about getting it?

RE Q.2) If you check the article your answer is the very the last sentence: In short No.
    You'll just have to use an alternate weapon skin.

* All skin cosmetic items are cosmetic items only and do not grant the user any other benefit. The lore text is flavor text, and background of the creatures and items in the world of Verra. Costume cosmetic items do not include the weapons pictured.
    w9aa773ktwxd.gif
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Meh
  • ZenmaraZenmara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We really need a "witch" class to fill these items out perfectly.
    "The Angel of Death is the Invisible Angel of Life."
  • I mean, it does look great, but I can't help getting a bit sceptical when you release these exclusive skins every month. It just doesn't seem like the wisest use of the developer's time which only leads me to think that working on the actual game becomes less of a priority. I know that Steven said these cosmetics are used to populate the world through NPC variants and color/texture changes, but it's not a statement that alleviate any doubts I have until I at least can see the models. It just seems too player specific to have much use in the game in general, especially things like carriage skins. Also the FOMO nature of this marketing strategy gives me deja vu to when other games started selling limited time in-game stuff that didn't exist yet, for games that hadn't released yet and then at some point never released at all. If you swapped out these deals less frequently and showcased some actual models, even in an unfinished state, it would make the entire marketing concept seem less sketchy at face value for newcomers to this project.

I do really like the design of this. I was hoping to play a necromancer-type character whenever the game released, so this would fit perfectly. I'm not one to really care too much about exclusivity and generally don't preorder until I have more information, so I will not be buying this. I do hope you utilize the eventual models to make some really cool and spooky content. I'm looking forward to following your progress
    vH8mBZL.gif
  • Imagine all the time it literally takes to create the game though and pay the staff an already inflated salary. They MUST do this and I say to them, "full-steam ahead" in all your efforts and can't wait to see the final product. Love it!
    T Elf wrote: »

Feet? Why feet? Oh, you're into that eh? ;) Excellent questions.
    Sokken wrote: »
    It just doesn't seem like the wisest use of the developer's time which only leads me to think that working on the actual game becomes less of a priority.

They have a guy they call The Concept Artist. I think his name is Ryan Richmond and this might be his site.
    https://ryanrichmond.art/pages/ashes-of-creation All he does all day long is draw stuff so it doesn't take any time away from the developers. The developers are the people who code the game.
    fNX2ISa.png

I'm still waiting for my bone set in the post
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »

I was hoping for more skulls than the 40k universe.
    GJjUGHx.gif
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

I was hoping for more skulls than the 40k universe.

I don't think that's possible
    nJ0vUSm.gif