Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What do you secretly hope to see the most from Alpha 1?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Outside side of game performance, i think most of what i want to see is combat mechanics. It would be nice to see some progress on the hybrid system and some more ability mechanics.
  • Options

This...was one of the most disappointing things to hear. I was really expecting the base classes to be released by alpha 1 (in its earliest iteration). The fact this was skimmed over was even more disappointing. It is a cop out to release the base classes in later stages of alpha 1. It was one of the main reasons why people were so hyped about seeing alpha 1 in December. It is now going to be many more months until we see anything especially since alpha 1 which was supposed to not have a nda now is under nda for the first couple of stages. Congratulations, you met your deadline I guess?

Seems like you wouldn't be content with anything short of a full release in December. They gave us what they could give us, no NDA for A1 is relatively unheard of and at least by the end of the (current) A1 cycle it will be lifted pending any major setbacks it appears. I'm stoked for the progress and would rather see them baby step through the beta process as they appear to be to avoid rushing this to appease the fanbase. Which is something Steven has probably said 1000x by now and it's infinitely more important than having more classes, augments or no NDA earlier in the process.
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Options
    I would like to see some PvP action in the alpha....not sure if it will be implemented but that's what I want. :D
    xKMTkyZ.jpg
  • Options
    I'm curious to the amount of people who will be in the A1 and size of the unlocked map. At least the early ones. Like if you have 1000 people in a 5 node area for 4 days you can see some crazy stuff because of population density and everyone trying to run a non instanced dungeon or pvping on a caravan. Too dense and mob respawns will have to be raised. Unlikely to see any node advancement though unless it's really small like a camp. Maybe it would be funny to have world bosses show up and raid the town/camps at the end of each A1 phase.
  • Options
    For it to end quickly, so I can get my grubby hands on Alpha 2!

^_^

<3

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Options
    PeggysuegotParriedPeggysuegotParried Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Progress, I honestly just want it to go well, I was very interested in being a part of Alpha 1, however the dates really turned me off. I will stick with my Alpha 2 as that will be persistent, those dates for Alpha 1 are giving me Camelot Unchained Flashbacks, and that's a road I don't want to travel again. The 1 month is ok, but the other's 3 days and right at the end of the year so they squeeze it in.

And make no mistake this "Alpha" is no where close to Camelot Unchained's Alpha. AoC is so far ahead of where they were it's silly. So again Hoping for progress.
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Maezriel wrote: »
    Lots of people here asking for things way beyond the goals of the A1.
    realKiza wrote: »
    When I ask this question, I don't mean something you realistically expect to see.

Ah ha. I see my mistake...I forgot that I'm a flaming dumbass. lol
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    All of your lovely shining faces helping us smash the bugs ;)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

GET OUT THE HAMMERS BROTHERS AND SISTERS, IT TIME TO SMASH!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    AndrewFrAndrewFr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Seeing the game progress at all will be great, but Im just interested to see how the game operates under the stress of the testing.
  • Options
    TacualeonTacualeon Member
    edited October 2020
    Physics and impulse on skills, and lateral movement.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hope to hear that Alpha goes well, Beta will be quickly followed and short and that some idea of when things might launch!
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited October 2020

We have to smash them with our faces?! :s

We need a @Dolyem meme for this...
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    We need a @Dolyem meme for this...

While we wait.....

image-2020-10-23-094311.png
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options

If only I could, I will be watching those said people smash bugs with their shiny faces though.
    Sandman wrote: »
    Progress, I honestly just want it to go well, I was very interested in being a part of Alpha 1, however the dates really turned me off. I will stick with my Alpha 2 as that will be persistent, those dates for Alpha 1 are giving me Camelot Unchained Flashbacks, and that's a road I don't want to travel again. The 1 month is ok, but the other's 3 days and right at the end of the year so they squeeze it in.

And make no mistake this "Alpha" is no where close to Camelot Unchained's Alpha. AoC is so far ahead of where they were it's silly. So again Hoping for progress.

Alpha 1 is more like an appetizer than anything, so yeah skipping it is nice on the wallet. Guess going well is an unlikely thing to happen tho considering the theme of this thread LOL 🙃
  • Options
    Tyrantor wrote: »

This...was one of the most disappointing things to hear. I was really expecting the base classes to be released by alpha 1 (in its earliest iteration). The fact this was skimmed over was even more disappointing. It is a cop out to release the base classes in later stages of alpha 1. It was one of the main reasons why people were so hyped about seeing alpha 1 in December. It is now going to be many more months until we see anything especially since alpha 1 which was supposed to not have a nda now is under nda for the first couple of stages. Congratulations, you met your deadline I guess?

Seems like you wouldn't be content with anything short of a full release in December. They gave us what they could give us, no NDA for A1 is relatively unheard of and at least by the end of the (current) A1 cycle it will be lifted pending any major setbacks it appears. I'm stoked for the progress and would rather see them baby step through the beta process as they appear to be to avoid rushing this to appease the fanbase. Which is something Steven has probably said 1000x by now and it's infinitely more important than having more classes, augments or no NDA earlier in the process.

Ok, so not sure where the full release comment came from. We are here talking about alpha 1, that was pretty laughable and not true. After watching reaction videos and getting feedback it was pretty clear I wasn't the only one that believed in December we would actually get to see some footage streamed or at least Youtube videos because there was supposed to be no NDA in place. Bear in mind, alpha 1 was supposed to be delivered last year...My criticism has a history of them not following through. If they would have just addressed it fully, no problem but like I mentioned it is a cop out to go around that and say, "Hey guys, we got alpha 1 for you. We are going to release it 3 days before our deadline ends of promising it in Fall of 2020. Also to make true on our promise of no NDA we are going to break alpha 1 into stages and only release the NDA in the last half of the stages...And we are going to only release 5 of the base classes to start."

We are getting development updates showing the game already. We know the current state of the game, not much more to hide.
  • Options
    Tyrantor wrote: »

Ok, so not sure where the full release comment came from. We are here talking about alpha 1, that was pretty laughable and not true. After watching reaction videos and getting feedback it was pretty clear I wasn't the only one that believed in December we would actually get to see some footage streamed or at least Youtube videos because there was supposed to be no NDA in place. Bear in mind, alpha 1 was supposed to be delivered last year...My criticism has a history of them not following through. If they would have just addressed it fully, no problem but like I mentioned it is a cop out to go around that and say, "Hey guys, we got alpha 1 for you. We are going to release it 3 days before our deadline ends of promising it in Fall of 2020. Also to make true on our promise of no NDA we are going to break alpha 1 into stages and only release the NDA in the last half of the stages...And we are going to only release 5 of the base classes to start."

We are getting development updates showing the game already. We know the current state of the game, not much more to hide.

Ngl dude, it’s not like development was pushed back by something this year, hmm nope couldn’t be.
  • Options
    I really wanna see all the races and the diversity of characters.
  • Options
    ShinasoShinaso Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Combat
    c1f5df869c3428999290c2954317ec5f.png[/center]