Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Lore leaks from ExtraLife are now in the wiki. Enjoy!

LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Comments

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks Lex!
    That was speedy :)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Thanks lex.

P.S. Still hate you.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Thanks for all your hard work on the wiki :*<3
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Undead hype time
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Thank you @Lex and team
  • Options
    HYPE HYPE HYPE!!
    I'm sooo thrilled right now, thank you!

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Options
    That was quick! Thank you for keeping us abreast!
  • Options
    LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    Undead hype time

Liches and Undead in Ashes! I can hear your bony dance all the way in elfland!
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • Options
    AndrewFrAndrewFr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks for a speedy transcription time!
  • Options
    Lex wrote: »
    Undead hype time

If some one has done it before that means that it can be done again
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited November 2020
    Undead hype time

So I've been thinking about this since last night. How are they gonna explain away necromancers as normal citizens when undeath originates from corruption/ancients?

Feels like some juicy lore will be cooked up for this. Kind of like warlocks rejoining the horde in world of warcraft?
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Undead hype time

So I've been thinking about this since last night. How are they gonna explain away necromancers as normal citizens when undeath originates from corruption/ancients?

Feels like some juicy lore will be cooked up for this. Kind of like warlocks rejoining the horde in world of warcraft?

It would explain the lack of info on the summoner
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Regarding Summoners and Necromancers:

Clerics for example are particularly attuned to the threads of essence that channel life and motive energy. They can heal and even resurrect, and they can steal energy, turning their enemies’ powers against them.

We now could say that certain magic focused classes have special attunements to comforming essence types. Mages could be attuned to elemental essence for example.

I think that Summoners are attuned to the essence type that lets them connect. Connect our realm with the realm of elementals, or law and order or chaos. Connect to astral planes and then force or coerce the creatures comming from there to do their bidding.

A Necromancer (Summoner/Cleric) could also have a certain affinity to the essence of life. They could for short amounts of time controll the corpses of their enemies by influencing this essence. Make their bodies believe that they are still alive so to speak. Still sanctioned by the gods, and with minimal chance of madness. ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    I think "Necromancer" in Ashes is probably not what we think of in other games. In order to be a real necro in Ashes you will likely need to worship one of the Other gods to truly embrace the darker side of the essence, following in the same path King Atrax took to become a Lich. This has been somewhat confirmed in earlier statements about there being "Good necromancers" that can summon helpful spirits. In effect it's not really the class that makes you evil, it's your choice of religion, and maybe other things too, like social organization.
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • Options
    I think "Necromancer" in Ashes is probably not what we think of in other games. In order to be a real necro in Ashes you will likely need to worship one of the Other gods to truly embrace the darker side of the essence, following in the same path King Atrax took to become a Lich. This has been somewhat confirmed in earlier statements about there being "Good necromancers" that can summon helpful spirits. In effect it's not really the class that makes you evil, it's your choice of religion, and maybe other things too, like social organization.

All I heard was "become a Lich"
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    I wonder if you start PKing the other players during the King Atrax dungeon, if he offers to "turn" you!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Tyty as always for your quick work on getting the AMAZING community wiki updated with all the latest info! <3

Long live The Ancients and may their reign of terror never end! 😈
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Tyty as always for your quick work on getting the AMAZING community wiki updated with all the latest info! <3

YES LONG LIVE THE ANCIENTS!

that is until I take over and do to them what the Necrons did to the c'tan
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    This has been somewhat confirmed in earlier statements about there being "Good necromancers" that can summon helpful spirits. In effect it's not really the class that makes you evil, it's your choice of religion, and maybe other things too, like social organization.

/looks away at something, anything else....

[I'm still going to ignorantly make myself believe that no one (NO ONE) has ever used the words "Good" and "Necromancer" in a single sentence... ]

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

-HPL
  • Options

When I think back on the dark times before you and Mags, I am hugely grateful for all you do to keep this community together and ever bready for Ashes <3

Praise be to the Glorious Ancients! >:)
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • Options
    That does beg a question, actually.

Is the worship of the "Other Ones" (or Old Ones...as I like to think of them in terms of Lovecraftian-stylized lore)....a 'thing'?

Can we choose one of them as our deity?

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

-HPL
  • Options

Is the worship of the "Other Ones" (or Old Ones...as I like to think of them in terms of Lovecraftian-stylized lore)....a 'thing'?

That is definitely what they are hinting at in terms of being able to worship good or bad gods. I hope that's the case for sure, because it would be a very boring game if it only had goody good gods >:)
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • Options

I should bloody hope so
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited November 2020

YES LONG LIVE THE ANCIENTS!

that is until I take over and do to them what the Necrons did to the c'tan

Bone Daddy and the Pale Queen over here flirting again 😏

GET A CRYPT YOU TWO!
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Day 57:
    It is worse than I feared.

The ones whom we have relied on for order and justice in our communities are the very same who scheme and betray. Not even the elves are safe.
    I know not who can help us.
    I shall gather the family and flee to the hills.
    Surely we can live a few days in peace before chaos spills over.
    And then...
    Difficult decisions await me.

My dear children,
    should you ever find this diary - I beg you remember only the best of me.
    I may not be who I am now,
    but know this:
    I did it because I loved you - for the sake of your joy and happiness.
    Forgive me.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I’m pretty sure now that @Nagash is actually King Atrax.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »

*harmless whistling*
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

*harmless whistling*

You should train harder, that should have collapsed the left side of your neighborhood.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2020
    Sathrago wrote: »

*harmless whistling*

You should train harder, that should have collapsed the left side of your neighborhood.

giphy.gif

Wrong, he does neither have a heartbeat as well as functioning lips/tongue/windpipe. He is a dusty skelleton sitting around helplessly, while his undead minions run amok.
    a6XEiIf.gif