Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Chapter Four: A Braver’s Choice

2»

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nidriks wrote: »
    I'm probably the cleric in the group in which some bravado mage makes the first move, gets swatted and complains that I didnt heal him. Then tells the tank to make sure he gets aggro next time! :#

I don't always tank, but when I do it's the tanks fault.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    🔥 🔥 🔥 for all solutions...lol. Maybe after getting kicked in the fireballs might need a little ice to soothe those toasted nuts...😆
  • Options
    or a fire resistance potion
    EternalFliPSignature.png
    Eternal Guild
    ( Web | Discord )
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In DnD the tank usually takes a turn or two to engage.
    The mages need a headstart on their double axel mid-jump fireball throw.
    :p
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    VirulentVirulent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Interesting results in responses.

Here's how it should go down.

The Cleric should be the one taking the very first action. First, the Cleric casts Damnation, snaring the Dwarf and lowering his damage he can do, then the Cleric casts Castigation, providing Healing and Mana over time to his allies. The Tank casts a health link to share her pain with her allies, then the Tank closes in and rushes forward to block the Dwarfs path and to bash him, the Cleric casts Divine Censure, so that allies attacking the Dwarf proc additional healing. As the Mage builds up a powerful spell to unleash the Cleric casts Judgment, causing the Dwarf to take more damage, just in time for the Mages powerful magic to hurl from the heavens and cause terrible damage. The Cleric follows up with Hallowed Ground to add more damage to the Dwarf and heal the Tank. The Cleric uses Castigation again, to help the Mage gain more mana, then uses Exorcism to channel holy power that rips apart the Dwarf as the Mage does more magic, the Tank deals the killing blow with a plunge of her sword. As the Dwarf falls to the ground dead, the Cleric uses Benediction to heal the party back up, keeping Devotion in reserve as arrows from the other enemies start to fall from the sky.........

What will happen next?
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Cujo wrote: »
    Interesting results in responses.

Here's how it should go down.

The Cleric should be the one taking the very first action. First, the Cleric casts Damnation, snaring the Dwarf and lowering his damage he can do, then the Cleric casts Castigation, providing Healing and Mana over time to his allies. The Tank casts a health link to share her pain with her allies, then the Tank closes in and rushes forward to block the Dwarfs path and to bash him, the Cleric casts Divine Censure, so that allies attacking the Dwarf proc additional healing. As the Mage builds up a powerful spell to unleash the Cleric casts Judgment, causing the Dwarf to take more damage, just in time for the Mages powerful magic to hurl from the heavens and cause terrible damage. The Cleric follows up with Hallowed Ground to add more damage to the Dwarf and heal the Tank. The Cleric uses Castigation again, to help the Mage gain more mana, then uses Exorcism to channel holy power that rips apart the Dwarf as the Mage does more magic, the Tank deals the killing blow with a plunge of her sword. As the Dwarf falls to the ground dead, the Cleric uses Benediction to heal the party back up, keeping Devotion in reserve as arrows from the other enemies start to fall from the sky.........

What will happen next?

And then the cleric uses resurrection and you start the fight again!
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    DazedDazed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tank of course...
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I just had a thought. Are we sharing the gem?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

No, it's mine. I thought I'd already made that clear.....?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    daveywavey wrote: »

No, it's mine. I thought I'd already made that clear.....?

Who did you think victim 1 was?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    voidshadowvoidshadow Member
    edited November 2020
    The mage steps into the vanguard, pushing aside the tank. She smirks as the dwarf screams. It sounds like a
    toddler's cries. Just like how the tiny dwarf looks. The mage yawns and looks at her nails. "Ugh the nail polish
    is already wearing off. And I spent five silvers on it too..." she says as she punts the dwarf into oblivion while
    flicking aside a strand of her rustic hair. She looks to the enemy group, eyes full of boredom. Her sight glazes
    over the many heads, judging each one by appearance as if she were scouting talent for the emperor's
    personal theatre troupe. "Next."

My vision as a writer ^v^
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Options
    voidshadow wrote: »
    She smirks as the dwarf screams. It sounds like a toddler's cries. Just like how the tiny dwarf looks.

Hahahahaha, love it!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The Mage is hot-headed. Always shoots Fireball first.
  • Options
    latisullivanlatisullivan Member
    edited November 2020
    The mage of course. Use a freezing CC. He's a gnome, he won't outrun you.

Edit: DWARF, I'm sorry.
    Q7a6dqA.png
  • Options
    flameh0t wrote: »
    Obviously the stealthed rogue right in front of him, trips him over and does a quick poke to his jugular vein so he bleeds out before he can get back up.

Just a quick little pokey-poo 🔪

What we don't realize is that this is going to be an official Rogue skill, "the Pokey-poo". Size is dependent on the Knife you equip.

That sweet sweet insider content, that's why we come to the forums.
  • Options
    PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited December 2020
    Didn't realize this was a "civil" dispute and we are sending out or best fighters for a rousing face off of fisticuffs! Yeah no, not playing fair here..........

I'm going to have to go with the Nagash auto response for everything....Fireball!!!!

isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Didn't realize this was a "civil" dispute and we are sending out or best fighters for a rousing face of off of fisticuffs! Yeah no, not playing fair here..........

I'm going to have to go with the Nagash auto response for everything....Fireball!!!!

well mine would be to summon 9000 skeletons and use hand of dust on anything that gets close
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Have the Mage target the healer!

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Options
    Didn't realize this was a "civil" dispute and we are sending out or best fighters for a rousing face of off of fisticuffs! Yeah no, not playing fair here..........

well mine would be to summon 9000 skeletons and use hand of dust on anything that gets close

Come on, we all know you are too lazy to do that; All that summoning, rituals, sacrifices, energy......... That's maybe what you are THINKING about doing but in the end you are just gonna go, "fk it" and fireball to the face.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options

Come on, we all know you are too lazy to do that; All that summoning, rituals, sacrifices, energy......... That's maybe what you are THINKING about doing but in the end you are just gonna go, "fk it" and fireball to the face.

summoning is my speciality must I remind you I raise ALL the dead in the old world with one spell (till you skaven give Alcadizaar the dam fellblade and helped him)
    nJ0vUSm.gif