Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

RP Characters

ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Am I the only one who is already planning what type of character they want to play. Profile, background, looks? I know we have a while but I can't help daydream and it's going to be so fun. <3
"Bravery only means something to those who are afraid of death."

Comments

• ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    I always plan RP characters. In Ashes, though. I require a little more info for some specifics like background.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The truth is I've been RPing since day one
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »

Oh? How's that been? I've thought about just creating a character and rping on discord with a couple friends with just the little bit of information we have. I mean, gives me room to be creative. :)
  • ariatrasariatras Member, Founder

Your OOC blabbering in a certain RP tavern makes me think otherwise :p

It's good to see one of the old guard on these new forums though ;)
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

ariatras wrote: »

Your OOC blabbering in a certain RP tavern makes me think otherwise :p

It's good to see one of the old guard on these new forums though ;)

A but you see that is me roleplaying as a roleplayer
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • HalgraveHalgrave Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've got some rough plans, but I'm waiting for more lore and the appearance final looks of some of the races before I decide on my first for a main.
    Looking for a place to gather with other roleplayers? Look no further than Ashes of Creation Roleplay!
  • Naturally, when seeing the class systems, my brain locked onto a few class combos and race that I'd want to play. I have a few ideas, when I am able to test combat and figure out which play style works best for me to solidify and narrow down my concept further.
  • I have already begun writing the back-story for my in-game character. Where I do not have sufficient game lore I put a place-holder to come back and flesh out further once the information becomes available on the wiki or in Dev posts in the forums. Right now I have a lot of unanswered, and probably some unanswerable, questions - but I work with what I have. Having a good back-story makes it easier to role-play how the character will react in a given situation.
  • Actively reading lore in order to devlop my Dünir's personality. The Dünir strike me as very serious, meticulous people but that wouldn't describe Adaegus very well so perhaps he is not well received by his kin. Instead of toiling over a hot forge or oven all day, Adaegus would prefer to travel the snowy mountain peaks in search of relics of the Dwarves of Old from before the coming of the Harbingers. Exploration, archaeology, lore and magic are what interests him.
    There are a few class combos that have also appealed to me, so I'm creating a few rough characters because (knowing me) I won't just have one. I have the personalities down and a good idea of what type of characters I want them to be, the only thing I'm really stuck on is -life before the portal- when they come through.
  • I'm planning to transfer a character from another MMO I played. I usually never do that, but the character I plan to transfer really stuck up to me and I struggle to let it go. I already have her story adjusted to AoC setting, just not fully sure about the race I want to pick.
  • Nagash wrote: »

I believe you - but only Out-of-Character.

In-character, I don't believe you about this, for a second.

• Chime wrote: »
    Am I the only one

Definitely not the only one! <3 We also totally understand that it can be difficult to bring a character to life without knowing all the details on classes, lore, and more - so we're excited to be able to begin sharing more of that with you as we continue forward with development!
    community_management.gif
    @LieutenantToast I look forward to it!
    Jeniissa wrote: »
    I'm planning to transfer a character from another MMO I played. I usually never do that, but the character I plan to transfer really stuck up to me and I struggle to let it go. I already have her story adjusted to AoC setting, just not fully sure about the race I want to pick.

I'm doing the same thing. I'm so attached that I'm adjusting his profile, once I know more I'll be able to put more into it.
  • AmmoreliAmmoreli Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Deff. could incorporate your character and play some AOC inspired D&D already get some real story lines and backgrounds made :) I would be down for something like this.

i'm a Skeleton playing a Lich disguised as another Wraith
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Jerec TharenJerec Tharen Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've personally been spending a lot of time thinking about what kind of character I want to play, and how they would interact with the game mechanics that are planned out right now. Pretty sure I want to live in a religious node since contributing to quests and tasks for a religious order and just all around helping out the people in the region appeals to me since I like feeling like what I'm doing is helping others in some way. Also want to main a Bard for the same reason, while also having some abilities reminiscent of the inspiration for my character: the Truthwatchers from Stormlight Archive. Also feel like living in or growing a node to a Metropolis is a little too lofty of a goal to really be fun for me, some I'm thinking I'll probably find some village, town, or city to settle down in without worrying too much about if I'm participating in the huge server events, but still having a chance to do some epic small scale stuff in the region.
  • AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    pretty sure will play a sumoner
    Also elf or tulnar.

as class, not sure, there is conjurer as first mind, but because i will chose it also for a RP idea, all 7 could fit. The list of sumoner skills, augments, skins avaible for pets will help a lot when time wil lcome to chose.

then, ideas to prefer a node to another, a biome to another... will need to have better idea of the character . also see where Roleplayers will be the most. (maybe go to a RP guild also... )
  • I know I'm going to be going summoner (leaning mostly toward necromancer) and most likely tulnar. and as i love my pet builds I'd be trying to have as many pets and minions out as possible and will likely get into animal husbandry. So I've long since considered playing them as your friendly neighborhood necromancer pet store owner who sells various pets and mounts with it having been a family business from before everyone else evacuated to Sanctus. his family just moved their pet/mount business underground and have kept it going since and now with people returning to Verra that just means a bunch of new customers for him to sell his creatures to.
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sashocku wrote: »
    I know I'm going to be going summoner (leaning mostly toward necromancer) and most likely tulnar. and as i love my pet builds I'd be trying to have as many pets and minions out as possible and will likely get into animal husbandry. So I've long since considered playing them as your friendly neighborhood necromancer pet store owner who sells various pets and mounts with it having been a family business from before everyone else evacuated to Sanctus. his family just moved their pet/mount business underground and have kept it going since and now with people returning to Verra that just means a bunch of new customers for him to sell his creatures to.

Love it
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • Nagash wrote: »

i'm a Skeleton playing a Lich disguised as another Wraith

"I'm the dude, playin the dude, disguised as another dude!"
    GJjUGHx.gif
    edited August 2021
    Chime wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is already planning what type of character they want to play. Profile, background, looks? I know we have a while but I can't help daydream and it's going to be so fun. <3

I plan on playing two characters and already have my background for them.

A Nikua that hates stagnation and lack of complexity in their world seeking adventure. Basically a thrill seeker, looking to 'collect' as many trinkets to different religions and cultures as possible for their retirement tavern once they had enough adventure and renown to make the interesting people come to them. Probably summoner. Probably a merchant.

My alt I plan making a bit later in the game, is a dark skinned elf who sees the world as chaotic due to being abandoned during their teens by their mother who left for supposedly somewhere in Verra. She therefore is just trying to make a home for herself and learn more about her parental lineage, since she is drawn towards areas with high corruption due to her nightmares. Possibly tank, fighter, or whatever class has the least bad match ups in 1v1 pvp. Probably a farmer.
  • I hope the character creation will be detailed
    edited September 2021
    I hope the character creation will be detailed

Me too! On their new update at 7:07 they talk about it a little bit. https://youtu.be/tVWJQY8K8NY
  • Currently I am planning to play the Summoner Class, and get some 'humanoid' type soldiers to follow me around. It will really depend on if they allow me to place armor and such on my summons/necromancer undead to make them appear more human or alive, how many you can have and if you can spawn radial summons like 5 ghouls for 25s since I really want to play as a knight leading a levy force.

I have plans for 3-4 characters but all of them hinge on being able to actually play the version of the game I want. I am a bit miffed that Alpha 1 is over without testing all the classes or at least having them baseline in the game.

Sadly I did not buy into the Alpha 1 since I was waiting for Ranger (That was promised in Alpha 1 and did not show up) Summoner, and Bard. I did buy the Alpha 2 pack since I am finally coming to terms that the things I want will not be in the game until near launch and instead of missing out again I bit the bullet, but that already puts a damper on my hopes.
    DrGray wrote: »
    Currently I am planning to play the Summoner Class, and get some 'humanoid' type soldiers to follow me around. It will really depend on if they allow me to place armor and such on my summons/necromancer undead to make them appear more human or alive, how many you can have and if you can spawn radial summons like 5 ghouls for 25s since I really want to play as a knight leading a levy force.

I have plans for 3-4 characters but all of them hinge on being able to actually play the version of the game I want. I am a bit miffed that Alpha 1 is over without testing all the classes or at least having them baseline in the game.

Sadly I did not buy into the Alpha 1 since I was waiting for Ranger (That was promised in Alpha 1 and did not show up) Summoner, and Bard. I did buy the Alpha 2 pack since I am finally coming to terms that the things I want will not be in the game until near launch and instead of missing out again I bit the bullet, but that already puts a damper on my hopes.

What are your opinions on like, a nazgûl like skin for your purposes?

Also how bothered would you be if what you want were cash shop obtainable? What price would you consider fair for the level of detail you are requesting?
  • I'd really like to plan my character, but I don't have availability to see the race yet of the forgotten, so Im still kind of just mulling over ideas from the little lore I do know
  • Creating characters is fun. From D&D to MMOs.
    I like to deep dive into classes and what makes people choose that way of life, what their philosophy is, and what it really means to be a practitioner of that combat art, sometimes down to a philosophy or spiritual connection.
  • I am late to the game but I am slowly going through the whole class table, all 64 flavors, and making characters lol. You are not the only one AOC character creation is now my drug of choice haha. It will take a while but my folder of character concepts is already starting to swell lmao.