Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

T3 mount ability suggestion

VarezVarez Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
Hey :)

I love the idea that distance and travel time will have a huge impact on Ashes of Creation gameplay, both PvP and PvE. Mayors of metropolis nodes and Kings and Queens of Guild castles with their tier 3 flying mounts will obviously have an advantage regarding that, as it should be!
My suggestion on that topic is to give some (or maybe all) T3 mounts an ability to let T2 mounts in close proximity also take flight, just for a short time.
I think that would not only be a 'cool' mechanic, that could let mere mortals experience (almost) true flight, but it could also be an important tool for leaders, e.g. when a node caravan is being attacked by a hostile group a Mayor could ask his citizens for help and whoever is able to help and available in his close proximity could group with him and go to the rescue of the caravan.

It would certainly had to be balanced with:
- a long cooldown (1h? 4h? 24h?),
- a short duration (e.g. up to 5 min),
- limit T2 mounts availble for the buff to Mayor node citizens / King or Queen guild members,
- T2 mount will have to stay within close proximity of the T3 mount to keep the buff (maybe make it a 20-seconds buff that is refreshing itself when a T3 mount is close),
- maybe disable it for Castle Sieges (?)
- and probably other restraints that I didn't think of.

What are your thoughts? Do you like the idea?
Are there any other limits that come to mind that I didn't list?

Comments

• They're pretty keen to have as few people as possible on flying mounts. Gliding mounts will likely be good enough for the rest of us.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Devs want to avoid easily bringing a group of people to assist Caravan battles, so...
    I don't think they would implement this idea.
  • VarezVarez Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Devs want to avoid easily bringing a group of people to assist Caravan battles, so...
    I don't think they would implement this idea.

I think that the exclusiveness of T3 mounts makes it a non-easy way to move a group of people, especially with a long cooldown
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The T3 mount is extending ease of movement to T2 mounts.
    That's still the kind of thing the devs will want to avoid - especially to aid in Caravan battles.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I wonder if you can get a gliding group mount
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »

Military node Metropolis perk:
    Armoured Airships (with magic cannons)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • maouw wrote: »

Floating Tanks?! Oh no, sorry. We don't use the "T" word.....
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    maouw wrote: »

the dwarf fan base would love that :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    They'd finally reach our eye level! :)
    I wish I were deep and tragic