Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Be proud today Intrepid Studios

Blizzard entertainment has decided to piss off a majority of its player base by releasing there Burning Crusade Classic launch on June 1st 2021, ironically the same day as you guys start the Alpha 1 test. Just sit back Steven and let blizzard feed you players for your game. Be a beacon for these lost souls, be the light guiding them home.

You have popped up on there radar, they can’t afford to have there streamers on your alpha and not on there game hyping The Burning crusade classic release. And in there insecurity bad decisions are being made and the community is very upset. I hope you can take this opportunity and use alpha one to show them that hope is on the horizon.

Again, Thanks INTREPID STUDIOS!!

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    so you are telling me a wave of WoW players may be coming to ashes. We need to make a stand!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    halbarzhalbarz Member
    edited May 2021
    Let's pick up our pitchforks and push them back to WoW.

On a serious note, it is sad to see what happened and hopefully, they get to enjoy the game / TBC classic.
    Blizzard has changed a lot of the last decade and clearly shows that they no longer care about their players.
  • Options
    halbarz wrote: »

On a serious note, it is sad to see what happened and hopefully, they get to enjoy the game / TBC classic.

agreed its a shame what's happening to WoW but the hardcore WoW fan base is "special"
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I personally do not believe it is something intrepid would want to be proud about but I understand what you are getting at. Ashes of Creation is appealing to many players in WoW's community that enjoy costumes, transmogs and mount collecting aside from the PvX.

But, ashes of creation still has at least a year or so of development before it is finished and that is if it goes really smooth which many are hoping for.
  • Options
    I personally do not believe it is something intrepid would want to be proud about but I understand what you are getting at. Ashes of Creation is appealing to many players in WoW's community that enjoy costumes, transmogs and mount collecting aside from the PvX.

But, ashes of creation still has at least a year or so of development before it is finished and that is if it goes really smooth which many are hoping for.

more like 3 years but I get your point
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    @Nagash My official guess is 2-3 years. Just did not want to be a hype/dream killer, lol
  • Options
    @Nagash My official guess is 2-3 years. Just did not want to be a hype/dream killer, lol

Kill the hype its what keeps us sane on the forums
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Nagash wrote: »

LOL, I like your honesty and mindset!
  • Options
    NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter

I have to strongly agree with this. Although most of us here are incredibly excited for the game, it is healthier to try keep a more realistic expectation regarding the potential release time. That way, if the game is completed any sooner, it is a pleasant surprise!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Not exactly sure how many of the WoW fans we even want in this game, but maybe they'll be less toxic without REDACTED. XD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Nelirya wrote: »

I have to strongly agree with this. Although most of us here are incredibly excited for the game, it is healthier to try keep a more realistic expectation regarding the potential release time. That way, if the game is completed any sooner, it is a pleasant surprise!

Yes and I mean after cyberpunk hype is something I like when I play the game
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    @Nelirya Exactly! Who knows for sure how long it will actually take. If rushed, it could end up being buggy or worse, glitchy. I for one can accept the fact that things may and usually do take longer for an overall better product and experience.

Being realistic vs personal over hyping expectations which leads to disappointment and toxicity.

@Yuyukoyay This game appeals to many gamers in many current game communities. This game could potentially lead to a toxic community as well.
    As an example: some nodes may not be as welcoming to certain types of players that do not necessarily fit their goals. Look at all the hate towards the Tulnar already, lol
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    so you are telling me a wave of WoW players may becoming to ashes. We need to make a stand!
    Becoming...???
    Someone is dreaming of a zombie invasion.
  • Options
    Lordhavok69Lordhavok69 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I currently have a sub to WoW but have not played it other than extremely casually since Legion which has some amazing raids and dungeons in my opinion, BFA I dropped off quite a lot and moved to ESO. I dropped off ESO and then dove into FFXIV about 2 months ago and the crafting and extensive ability trees for the classes has kept me pretty well satiated. So as an ex WoW player I encourage them to come over and experience something wholly different to what they believe is the best because WoW isn't the best, just the most renown...for now...
    Also I agree with OP get ready to absorb the fanbase as they leave and it wont be the Classic crew I am positive mostly Retail players will come over followed by the Classic herds.
  • Options
    I can understand the Tulnar hate though. Not many people like furries. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    Not exactly sure how many of the WoW fans we even want in this game, but maybe they'll be less toxic without REDACTED. XD

I mean....if they are toxic, they will quickly be excluded from a lot of things they need in game. I would prefer to get as many people as possible added to the community. Most of them have never experienced a real mmorpg community and this game may be what it takes to cleanse them of their trash mentality.
  • Options

People are people, they like what they like. lol

Who knows, maybe there will be groups of players that hunt players with exclusive aesthetics and costumes to remind them they're not special, lol.

Some nodes may be more suited for the elitist vs casuals vs theme parkers

This game is going to be funny for what wars between nodes and guilds are started over. Definitely going to be amusing. :D
  • Options
    HDCBlazeHDCBlaze Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Daedrik45 wrote: »
    Blizzard entertainment has decided to piss off a majority of its player base by releasing there Burning Crusade Classic launch on June 1st 2021, ironically the same day as you guys start the Alpha 1 test. Just sit back Steven and let blizzard feed you players for your game. Be a beacon for these lost souls, be the light guiding them home.

You have popped up on there radar, they can’t afford to have there streamers on your alpha and not on there game hyping The Burning crusade classic release. And in there insecurity bad decisions are being made and the community is very upset. I hope you can take this opportunity and use alpha one to show them that hope is on the horizon.

Again, Thanks INTREPID STUDIOS!!

I don't think Blizzard's release date has anything to do with this game. There is plenty of room in the mmo market for new games. I left WoW because I wanted a change, I don't want them to fail and I don't not like WoW either. I hope that people don't try and make this game like WoW. I want something different, I want an alternative. That's why I'm here, because I want a change. No ill will towards any game from me.

• Options

People are people, they like what they like. lol

Who knows, maybe there will be groups of players that hunt players with exclusive aesthetics and costumes to remind them they're not special, lol.

Some nodes may be more suited for the elitist vs casuals vs theme parkers

This game is going to be funny for what wars between nodes and guilds are started over. Definitely going to be amusing. :D

War Started because a furry killed a midget. Hell ya!
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    @Yuyukoyay lol, now you get it! Although, I believe they prefer the term dwarf in AoC lore :P
  • Options
    I always see WoW player (the new line not the old guard) like the CoD fanbase
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    YuyukoyayYuyukoyay Member
    edited May 2021

The WoW fanbase has 2 dividing fanbases within them. The hardcore fanbase who quit during Burning Crusade. They wanted a real challenge and the game didn't provide one so they left.

Then there is the casual fanbase that is the majority of their fanbase to this day who swears WoW is the best thing since sliced bread. They usually never played another MMO before so they got rose tinted vision for everything related to the game.

The casuals are often where the toxicity comes from since all of the hardcore WoW players who didn't use addons to influence from the original game all quit a long time ago. It's why I'm against addons that influence gameplay in any way. Visual customization shouldn't need to be addons in the first place.

WoW raids are fun and all, but it's boring when that is the only thing your game has going for it.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    edited May 2021

It's essentially mostly Activision now. WoW was a lot different Pre-Cataclysm. I use to play Vanilla DAOC as well. Gaming had a much different feeling back then with nostalgia and immersion considering I grew up playing many Blizzard games long before WoW was a thing.
  • Options

It's essentially mostly Activision now. WoW was a lot different Pre-Cataclysm. I use to play Vanilla DAOC as well. Gaming had a much different feeling back then with nostalgia and immersion considering I grew up playing many Blizzard games long before WoW was a thing.

The original team heading WoW founded Blizzard. Most of them quit due to Activision crap and are even starting their own company as we speak now. Not sure what kind of games they will make, but they might make a new RTS since WC3 got downgraded recently.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options

The WoW fanbase has 2 dividing fanbases within them. The hardcore fanbase who quit during Burning Crusade. They wanted a real challenge and the game didn't provide one so they left.

Then there is the casual fanbase that is the majority of their fanbase to this day who swears WoW is the best thing since sliced bread. They usually never played another MMO before so they got rose tinted vision for everything related to the game.

The casuals are often where the toxicity comes from since all of the hardcore WoW players who didn't use addons to influence from the original game all quit a long time ago. It's why I'm against addons that influence gameplay in any way. Visual customization shouldn't need to be addons in the first place.

WoW raids are fun and all, but it's boring when that is the only thing your game has going for it.

yes you are 100% right
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    edited May 2021

The original team heading WoW founded Blizzard. Most of them quit due to Activision crap and are even starting their own company as we speak now. Not sure what kind of games they will make, but they might make a new RTS since WC3 got downgraded recently.

True! I have been following DreamHaven, Frost Giant and Warchief Gaming. I played a lot of RTS when I was younger from the Blizzard team as well. The company is not what it use to be. Many corporations tend to take over games, force deadlines and crunches to produce games for profit instead of quality. Eventually games for companies like that just turn into means for profit margins instead of what is important to gamers. EA, Activision and Former Besthesda (microsoft bought them out, hoping they do not go down the Greedy Cash Route) are all known for this in the gaming industry which is why I support companies like Intrepid.

Very excited to see what Mike Morhaime is part of next. Not much of a DnD player or tabletop gamer, but very excited for Metzen and the team as well. I'm sure the Former Starcraft devs will produce something many will enjoy :)
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    halbarz wrote: »

agreed its a shame what's happening to WoW but the hardcore WoW fan base is "special"

I think Asmongold himself said it best. The issue with the hardcore WoW players is that they're only WoW players. Some of them don't even play other videogames. So their views may be narrow and their attachement to the game unhealthy
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options

True! I have been following DreamHaven, Frost Giant and Warchief Gaming. I played a lot of RTS when I was younger from the Blizzard team as well. The company is not what it use to be. Many corporations tend to take over games, force deadlines and crunches to produce games for profit instead of quality. Eventually games for companies like that just turn into means for profit margins instead of what is important to gamers. EA, Activision and Former Besthesda (microsoft bought them out, hoping they do not go down the Greedy Cash Route) are all known for this in the gaming industry which is why I support companies like Intrepid.

Very excited to see what Mike Morhaime is part of next. Not much of a DnD player or tabletop gamer, but very excited for Metzen and the team as well. I'm sure the Former Starcraft devs will produce something many will enjoy :)

Graybeard games as well. That one is by the former lead designer of Diablo 1 and 2 David Brevik. While he's not doing a whole lot now he might make another game worth noting in the future. It Lurks Below is ok, but I don't like it as much as his older games. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Graybeard games as well. That one is by the former lead designer of Diablo 1 and 2 David Brevik. While he's not doing a whole lot now he might make another game worth noting in the future. It Lurks Below is ok, but I don't like it as much as his older games. xD

oh, I was unaware of Graybeard. I'll check it out. I do know one of the devs who worked on the original Diablo I and II? made path of exile. Diablo 3 was a mistake if you ask me and Diablo 4 is what diablo 3 should have been several years ago.

EDIT: it's nothing against the devs and the hard work they put in to it. Many others including myself were expecting a more dark game like Diablo I. Diablo III just didn't have that immersive captivation for my liking. To be honest, I probably wont even play Diablo IV.
  • Options

oh, I was unaware of Graybeard. I'll check it out. I do know one of the devs who worked on the original Diablo I and II? made path of exile. Diablo 3 was a mistake if you ask me and Diablo 4 is what diablo 3 should have been several years ago.

I don't know what to think of Diablo 4. The skill design is too similar to Diablo 3 so far for me. Diablo 3 combat was ok, but everything else wasn't even an rpg. xD I don't really like PoE 1, but PoE 2 looks a lot more promising. I just wish PoE organized the games systems a bit more and not had so many remnants of previous systems garbage still in the game.

David Brevik is why the older Diablo games were so organized and flowed so well. I wish he worked with one of the many companies other former members of Blizzard North joined after Hellgate London. Torchlight had 2 former members of Blizzard North, but I'm pretty sure they did the loot design so the game doesn't play as well as other ARPGS.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East