Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Alpha One Schedule Update

1920x1080-jpg.jpg?fm=webp&q=80&w=1280

A very important update from our Creative Director, Steven Sharif, on the Alpha One schedule.

We are very close, and we are excited to give everyone a peek inside Verra! We appreciate your support and understanding. We are hard at work bringing Ashes of Creation to life! ❤🙏 https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2021-05-10-alpha-one-schedule-update
marketing.gif

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Read the link in the tweet. Have few concerns at the present time. At least A1 no NDA will occur on my birthday. Will be a nice birthday treat after all these years. I appreciate the forward stance and the open source. Thank you.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Not a problem. I hope the move goes well and we will be happy to see you in-game in July ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • "Also, given the delay in our testing schedule, I will be extending our refund policy from 30 days to 90 days going forward for all pre-orders retroactive from May 5, 2021, out of respect to those who purchased anticipating the NDA release for this month."

I didn't buy this but much respect for this decision. Rooting for you guys these next few months.
  • Good decision to do this in wake of ESO and WOW TBC going on at the same date. Good strategic decision thanks for keeping us in the loop.
  • GodGridGodGrid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If I just upgraded and got the alpha one do I still get to test the NDA version of the Alpha
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If I just upgraded and got the alpha one do I still get to test the NDA version of the Alpha

schedule-1920.png
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • VandelVandel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think this is a great move on all parts. One thing this does is show that they care this much about the alpha then only imagine how they feel about the whole project. Only thing I would like them to shed some light on is if we did buy the alpha 1 access(like the upgrade) do we have access on May 14th and further?
  • RuthLess111RuthLess111 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well as long as it is for the best. It is ok
    Thank you.
  • MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
    edited May 2021
    Vandel wrote: »
    Only thing I would like them to shed some light on is if we did buy the alpha 1 access(like the upgrade) do we have access on May 14th and further?

Yes. =)

This information is noted in our FAQ here.
    marketing.gif
  • SluggsSluggs Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks for the update and the transparency! I selfishly love this! TBC comes out June 1st so I'll be able to play w/o having to split my time. You are all awesome!
  • Nagash wrote: »

schedule-1920.png

WOndering the same myself
    See this is one of the best if not the best game Staff by far always looking and answering questions for their player base and fans love this and keep up the great work @MargaretKrohn
  • Thanks Margaret for the answer...wow that was quick.
    <3 You're very welcome!
    marketing.gif
  • WhiteHartWhiteHart Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I just became part of the Alpha One family and I for one support taking all the time that is needed to make Ashes the best it can be. I have been playing MMO's since EQ1 and I am floored by the care and concern you're all taking to make this game into something that will hopefully wake up the industry to what games can be if the time is taken to develop them properly!
  • HawkwoodHawkwood Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    All for this move. Blizz trying to take your thunder. Bonus point for the refund policy change.
  • NightHawk1012NightHawk1012 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    for the Alpha 1 intermittent testing from May 14th to July 9th , is there already a schedule of what day we can and cant play given out to the alpha players or somewhere they can go to access it, cause i got the Alpha 1 a few days ago and im unsure if i just dont know where to be looking for it
    for the Alpha 1 intermittent testing from May 14th to July 9th , is there already a schedule of what day we can and cant play given out to the alpha players or somewhere they can go to access it, cause i got the Alpha 1 a few days ago and im unsure if i just dont know where to be looking for it

If you own a Kickstarter, Summer, or Pre-Order Pack which has Alpha One access, please visit the Alpha One Preview Testing section of the forums to connect your Discord account and for further test information.

1. Make sure that you log out of and back into the forums and hard refresh (Ctrl+F5): https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/

2. Check to see that your forum profile has Alpha One listed next to your Roles here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/profile

3. Visit the Alpha One Preview Testing category here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/alpha-one-preview-testing

4. Follow the instructions in the orange banner at the top to connect your Discord and Intrepid accounts
    marketing.gif
  • MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Good move. I would also like to point out that now I do not have to choose between Everquest's new TLP server and this. You know, for us old folks who still play the older games. I swear it felt like every game company keyed in on AoC.
    edited May 2021
    i was checking my roles and I dont have alpha but i did buy the upgrade does it take 24 hrs to update?
    NVM i got it
  • EgregiousEgregious Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Finally, several new expansion launches for other live games were announced that would have coincided with our test starting June 1st. We estimate roughly 25% of our current testing pool are active players across these titles combined. This fact presents us with forcing our testers to choose between participating in our testing environment (which will be a long and arduous responsibility), or playing an expansion with their friends in other popular titles. As I outlined earlier, this testing period is an important one. It will require not only participation, but also the attention and feedback from both our testing audience and the broader Ashes of Creation community and general public.

I understand and am glad you are doing it right... those other titles suck now anyway they just polish turds.
  • OcotOcot Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hey good on you for the delay and opening up the refund policy for those who might want too. I'm very content to still be here, can't wait!
  • The #1 priority for this Alpha Test, whether it’s acknowledged or not, is testing the relationship between the player community and Intrepid Studios. There is a lot involved with that.

I think you’ve set out on a very ambitious project, with many challenges and systems. Would have been nice to see Alpha 1 as a 6-9 month campaign of rolling updates to introduce features as they come on line. You may have noticed that you are kind of doing it that way anyway.

Understand the need to shift gears. Disagree in letting the other companies dictate or influence your timetable, although I also see it as an opportunity.

I do wish the NDA would be lifted as planned for May 14th so that content creators could move past speculation and into real content. I know you all want to make your best first impression, however you are soon getting into George R R Martin territory. Point there being the longer it takes, other people get to tell your story, badly.
  • RedzyRedzy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've aired my support on this via twitter and in the Discord but just want to say again here...

Nothing but the utmost respect for the difficult choices that have been made here by Steven and the Ashes Team. It is without a doubt in my mind the right move!

This will help Ashes get the proper testing and full attention it deserves - its a shame people do not see it that way but you cannot please them all. This is for the greater good of Verra! <3
    Redzy_TV
    MMORPG Content Creator
    https://linktr.ee/Redzytv
  • Measure twice, cut once. Time or Quality. Sure we want both, but if we have a choice 99% of Ashes community will choose quality over time any day.
    The community can see how hard Steven and the team are working on this game.
    I tell you what i know about Dwarf's.
    Very little
    Thanks for all the kind words folks. The team really appreciates it. <3
    marketing.gif
  • iTzMystCiTzMystC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    excited we get to try and test such a great preeminent title . NDA or not im all in
  • NynaeveNynaeve Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Only thing I would like them to shed some light on is if we did buy the alpha 1 access(like the upgrade) do we have access on May 14th and further?

Yes. =)

Is there information anywhere on when people who recently purchased the upgrade will get their keys/information for access on the 14th? I haven’t seen anything on the forums or via email, so just wondering if I missed it somewhere

Nynaeve wrote: »

Yes. =)

Is there information anywhere on when people who recently purchased the upgrade will get their keys/information for access on the 14th? I haven’t seen anything on the forums or via email, so just wondering if I missed it somewhere

If you own a Kickstarter, Summer, or Pre-Order Pack which has Alpha One access, please visit the Alpha One Preview Testing section of the forums to connect your Discord account and for further test information.

1. Make sure that you log out of and back into the forums and hard refresh (Ctrl+F5): https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/

2. Check to see that your forum profile has Alpha One listed next to your Roles here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/profile

3. Visit the Alpha One Preview Testing category here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/alpha-one-preview-testing

4. Follow the instructions in the orange banner at the top to connect your Discord and Intrepid accounts
    marketing.gif