Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Zenith's Advent

monthly_cosmetics_july_1920---Adventurer---Background.jpg

The radiant orb hangs high in the sky once more, surveying all of existence and granting Verra the warmth and succor of its light. The land swells with life as it greets the day, the coming of summer marking a time of great import for those who honor the sun. Many benefit, but none more so than the seemingly endless seas of trees that dot the world.

The Zenith's Advent cosmetic add-ons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from July 7, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until August 4, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that the Deeds of the Dauntless addons will be removed on July 7, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2021-07-06-zeniths-advent
marketing.gif

Comments

• edited July 2021
    Really love the bag and the duck. But...
    would love -- no just give me another top hat.
  • MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
    Really love the bag and the duck. But...
    would love -- no just give me another top hat.

Haha. I'm sure there will be other top hat-like things for ya in the world to attain. 🤗
    marketing.gif
  • horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Is the Crested Sunplume a gliding mount or just land? Also, dies the tree come with the Hilled Hovel? Thanks.
  • PokkittPokkitt Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So there I was, thinking it would be a long time before a new cosmetic set dropped which would compel me to spend some coin...and then you guys drop a duck mount, and duckling pet! :o

And to top it off, some druidic/ranger style armour, and a tree house? Shut up and take my money.
    horendis wrote: »
    Is the Crested Sunplume a gliding mount or just land? Also, dies the tree come with the Hilled Hovel? Thanks.

It's a land animal, but can go in the water. (Not a gliding mount.)

Tree does come with the Hilled Hovel.
    marketing.gif
    Pokkitt wrote: »
    So there I was, thinking it would be a long time before a new cosmetic set dropped which would compel me to spend some coin...and then you guys drop a duck mount, and duckling pet! :o

And to top it off, some druidic/ranger style armour, and a tree house? Shut up and take my money.

Sorry... hehe. 🤗
    marketing.gif
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old

Its surprising that the tree doesn't come with the hovel, since the tree is in every depiction, including the Shop page.

Pokkitt was obviously misled (not saying intentionally) on this " tree house". Can you blame him? The tree is the largest element of the display!

May I suggest reworking the graphics to not include things which aren't included?

Is the GRASS included?

The front arch frame appears to be made of roots. Are the roots included, seeing as there is no tree?
    edited July 2021
    pyreal wrote: »

Its surprising that the tree doesn't come with the hovel, since the tree is in every depiction, including the Shop page.

Pokkitt was obviously misled (not saying intentionally) on this " tree house". Can you blame him? The tree is the largest element of the display!

May I suggest reworking the graphics to not include things which aren't included?

Is the GRASS included?

The front arch frame appears to be made of roots. Are the roots included, seeing as there is no tree?

I think you misread. I stated, the tree DOES come with the Hilled Hovel.
    marketing.gif
  • GowerGower Member
    Is this only available in-game? I don't see it on the shop on the website.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Gower wrote: »
    Is this only available in-game? I don't see it on the shop on the website.

They change on July 7, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    pyreal wrote: »

Is the GRASS included?

I think you misread. I stated, the tree DOES come with the Hilled Hovel.

Bigger than day I did! My apologies!
  • NoelzyNoelzy Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just me or does it seem like the mount doesnt fit? like you got the whole nature and rebirth theme going on then boom a blue and orange chicken.
    Noelzy wrote: »
    Just me or does it seem like the mount doesnt fit? like you got the whole nature and rebirth theme going on then boom a blue and orange chicken.

It's a duck! The pet is a duckling version of it. =)
    marketing.gif
  • RiwanyRiwany Member
    edited August 2021
    Было-бы гораздо лучше, если бы презентация разных предметов была в 3d так как это выглядит в игре и в виде короткого промо-ролика в движении

А такая ваша картинка вообще не впечатляет и никаких даже минимальных желаний в приобретении данного набора не возникает
  • NethieNethie Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2021
    I still wish to have a "can-to.can" communication device that enables you to transmit messages in secret between two players as long as the cord is reasonably un-f'cked'up between can A and can B

make one can bright, orangeish/yellow (the smolder-color of the burning end of a 1988 *brands probably aren't allowed but think desert goose-wagger horse with moose lips and a face like an orangutang with double humpback going on, yeh, that's the one, the remove the egyptian deity caramel ones) and the other green-yellow hue (sunny slime hue, like).

Then make the cord have basic physX and collision detection so you can get it entangled in EVE&!"HING and then have it give you the message at attempted message between the end points "you are no longer part of the mIRCAN>CAN network #aluminium-mojowire.com, please disentangle the singularity entanglement or attempt an CMD ipconfig release /all v then reconnect to the server. Carrots handbags cheese."

Basic function client side is three abilities and a button to drop the active use of can, quit use thing.
    First skill is "THIS IS SPUTNIK-LAIKA, COMRADE!" which brings can to active communication. Animate the player raising it to mouth. This will (tense buff A) the wire for the yellow-orange desert can. The other can, the green slime sun, has identical skill function but the name is "This is Leo-- S*TA*R*S-- ! WTFRUNRUUU--"
    and it gives the the wire (tense buff B)

when both buff A and B are applied to wire, the chat command (and such functionalities, /c in chat window, dropdown menu option, etc) is opened by using the second skill "Speak Into Can" which is no-gcd skill that bring up chat window to active and ready to send message straight away. There should not be any step between hitting the skill and being able to write message! Skill -> "THIS IS LAIKA NEED HELP THERE IS TOO MANY OSFTRICHSES" -> hit Return Key or until game has registered message sent also use Skill 2 again.

The third skill is a bit tricky. This is the "DIS¤&"!"GODDAM¤&!"&LEFTNO%#¤!&!AAAOKWENEEDTOJUMPIT!%#" skill which will make (this I don't know how you would code exactly so will just describe it best I can) wire "stiff" at either side. Say, the can A player hits 3 and his end of the wire where it connects to the can now moves the wire in, left, out and right right (respectively) on WASD. Right mouse hold and WASD movement should also work so you can "shake" or "wriggle" the wire (so there's no need for a separate skill to remove the little pixel-by-pixel snags in the wire animations at light movement <(^ as in hold right mouse key and spin the mouse left from-up-to-left-downwards and vice versa to the right, ^)>

Same function would be hold right mouse button and go S(tap/hold) + A(tap/hold). Hold S and right mouse key, tap A will move character backwards and left giving the movement of your character as v)> and (with no mouse movement, just right mouse key held) camera movement of <(^ .. I think.

Now do this: Hold S and right mouse key and spam A-D back and forth a little unevenly, like (actual key stroke log would look like AAAA----DDDD---DDDDD--AAAA--DDD--AAAAAA-DDDDD---AAAW_WDFDSDS_-AAAA-DDD" with BLANKSTEG hits for jumps, shift/ctrl/alt modifier keys (as in held down then released) so log would look something like this //logstart// [GMT2-00.41] SHIFT(held) AAAA_DDDD___AAAAA_____AAAAA__DDDD____V-- F1-I-P--Mouse Button 1, 5, X, CTRL(held), Mouse Button 2(release), Shift(release) [GMT2-00.42] Right Click function with ctrl modifier, MB2(held), CTRL(released), AAA-DDDDA---AAA-DD //logend//

In terms of animation in-game just imagine you hold a snake in both hands around the low to middle part of it's length, so you're holding it with head (or well, slight bulge with 1.5x physX weight. Easiest way to picture it would be that the more you continously move your mouse one way the more the wire will keep going at snake's head a bit in front of where the wire and can connect. If both players are doing D-to-A (right to left with MB2 held the wire would look like a elongated S (slow wavelength oscillation, I'd guess, but I'm not even remotely qualified for making assumptions in the field of microbiolog--I mean spatial relationships--I mean spaceshi--fuck it, MOVEMENT SCIEN.. CIEN.. SWAY--AH- SWAYZEEE, HERE IS FIREWORKs DISPLAYZEEE!

"Baby.. I am Swayzee.. Swayzee a-Swaggerin.. and I am here to teach you -- the ZHWAY-SI FANDANGO!"

Rhythm stomp beats are in bold, background beats that are in descending volume are in italics. Both means it's not a sound but dialogue in the background.

*firework sounds!

PHFLOMP! PSHUUUUU FSIIIIIIIIIIIIU ... PHFPFWSHOMPF-PWFHUOUMFPH glit-ter-ter-whain-gli-t-erain-whain-ter-ain -- SWWFFHSHUPSHUUUUIUIUU -- PWFWOUMPHFP-- SSSSSSTFH-FTSHS-SSSS *pause* "Someone go light the green one again, went ou--"SSPFHFSTSTRS-WHMOMMMOUOMP
    ¨
    "FUCKING H" gli-ter-ain-rain "EVERYONE OK?!" -gli-ter-er-whrain-ain "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?" SSSSFSFSPGHS--- SFPHSSFHSSSSSSSSSSSWFSFSSSHOMP SSSSIUUUUUUUUU"FUCKING WHO LIT THAT BIG KAHUNA[/b] MOTHERFUNKER UPSIDEDOWN MMMWHUMPH--PHMOMPH-WHUMM-TPHOUMP-THUOUM-PTHROUM-TWOUM-TW[/b]OUM-TWOUM-TWOUM-PSHWIUUUUUUUUUUI PSSSSSSSUIIIIIII PSHUIIII P[/b]SHUI SHWIIIU TWSIIIIIIIUM TSIUM WTHUMP-[/b]WHOUM-KRSSCHKTIWHOUMP-PSHHUIIII..FWHOMP.. "WOW WHAT A FUCKING THING FULL OF MAD ROCKET THAT WAS!" MMMWSHUMMMMMMM-PHFLOMPHF "WOW IT JUST CRASH BANDICOOTED ITSELF, IT'S A QUAKE ROCKETJUMPING ROCKET BARREL!" .. MWRHOUMPH-TSUIIIIII .. FWTFTTWMFUOUMPHFMPH .. it-gli-glit-te-er-ain ter-ain .. wshain-gl-itt-er-wshain..*

"Swayzee New Swyear, Baby."

()o) .\ (o)<(|~~~ twuiiiiiiiiifsphshuiiifphwuu

|]// ,*,' ,´* ',** ,*, //||___q/.__o`__ \S/__'o __o./__~o~_ __ ~o ___ o~__/B/_

~~| )>(/o(/o/) bwrahuuuuuuuuuphfpffuimwuuu

"Shut up SWAYZ and let's DFWANCE already."

Hate signed things. <3 signing.
  • Hi, I was wondering if the grass and flowers on the ground right outside the door will be included. It reminds me of a naturally grown garden you could lay down on.
    I really like the relaxed feelings of the Zenith's Advent package. Kind of Peter Rabbit-esque.
  • This is the pack I just couldn't resist and had to grab. I love the artwork!
  • AlimornAlimorn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm so pleased that this was included when I bought into it. I didn't notice it at first, but when I looked it back up, it was a pleasant surprise. That aesthetic is my jam.