Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Q what happens when 2 caravans collide ?

we seen the roads there  tight  so what happens  when 2  caravans   going different directions collide ?  do the guards do a battle  royal  event  ?  does the ice cream caravan  get defeated ? sorry got hungry there  ( powered by  Vanilla  ice cream  forums)   

Comments

• Options
    Big battle. Only the strongest caravan survives! But honestly, is it even possible for that to happen?
  • Options
    since players can attack caravans  yes it  possible 
  • Options
    Pretty sure that caravans can't collide.
    Caravans are scheduled in advance.
    Most likely in a manner that will prevent such a collision.
  • Options
    Or.... baby caravans?
  • Options
    I was just thinking about caravans. Isn't there going to be a lot of trading going on? So that means there will be 10 caravans on the road at any time in each direction. 20 caravans on the road at the same time all day like a highway? Or more maybe. 50 caravans on the same road at the same time. A steady stream of caravans all day long?
  • Options
    Ooh we could make one caravan loot from another. well, that's ....fun.
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    I was just thinking about caravans. Isn't there going to be a lot of trading going on? So that means there will be 10 caravans on the road at any time in each direction. 20 caravans on the road at the same time all day like a highway? Or more maybe. 50 caravans on the same road at the same time. A steady stream of caravans all day long?

With only about 10k players per server, I'll wager that most caravans will be Node Quest driven at first. So no telling. As more Nodes develop there will be more and more caravans.

Player driven trade caravans with server pop at 10k? A few a day would be the most I would think depending on how much players can coordinate. We'll see I suppose.

• Options
    They will collide in Alpha that's for sure :joy:
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    Caravans are scheduled in advance. There might be 10 to 50 caravans traveling in one direction, depending on the amount of goods and the number of traders working together to ensure their goods are adequately defended. I doubt that a caravan from another direction can be scheduled at the same time - such that there could be a collision... even of the combatant bubble. But, we will see.
  • Options
    If we're around for it, we pull out our lawn chairs, start eating popcorn and enjoy the show of physics collision going on.  lol
  • Options
    Good collision mechanics allow moving things to pass through each other if they are not engaged in combat. Caravans may just pass like that. With the PVP bubbles being the complicated part. They also mentioned that there would be choices for routes and scheduled timing. I doubt it will be any kind of issue.
  • Options
    The npcs are probbaly not hostile to each other. Unless there is player involvement. That would be my gues.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    Caravans are scheduled in advance. There might be 10 to 50 caravans traveling in one direction, depending on the amount of goods and the number of traders working together to ensure their goods are adequately defended. I doubt that a caravan from another direction can be scheduled at the same time - such that there could be a collision... even of the combatant bubble. But, we will see.
    They also mentioned that there would be choices for routes and scheduled timing. I doubt it will be any kind of issue.
    Hmm.. so like a bus schedule thing? If you want to send your goods to town B you  pick the caravan leaving at noon and put your goods on it with other people, or you can pick the next caravan leaving at 12:30 instead.
  • Options
    If you have a scout with your caravan then they can tell you about the coming caravan and you can pull off the side for a break or something, maybe?
  • Options
    I see an avenue for implementing an insurance agency into the game  :D
  • Options
    This should be a mini game "grand thief caravans" 
  • Options
    They form.......MEGA CARAVAN!
  • Options
    The universe begins to implode and intrepid studios spontaneously combusts. If only they had the foresight to prevent this tragedy.
  • Options
    a new node is born :D
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Two Caravans Collided in a yellow wood.
    And sorry I could not pillage both
    And be one bandit, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it drove in the undergrowth

I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence
    Two Caravans collided in a wood, and I-
    I took the one less guarded by,
    And that has made all the difference.
  • Options
    The only scenario where this would seem to be an issue would be with crossroads. Say if two caravans are traveling to two separate nodes and happen to intersect at the exact time.

It would technically mean that the players on both sides would be forced to fight a each other as everyone would enter the static aggro radius and be flagged for combat.
  • Options
    they say 'good day sir' and go there separate ways  
  • Options
    The horses would meet and breed and leave you all in the dust as they go frolic in the near by meadows.
  • Options
    The horses would meet and breed and leave you all in the dust as they go frolic in the near by meadows.
    This is how all my dates end up, but not horses, just my date and the waiter
  • Options
    Re: OP - 

• Options
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    This looks like all the pieces of a "Yo Mama" joke
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Krojak said:
    This looks like all the pieces of a "Yo Mama" joke
    Sounds like an old soap opera.
  • Options
    wildarms2 said:
    we seen the roads there  tight  so what happens  when 2  caravans   going different directions collide ? 
    Obviously they explode violently, Michael Bay style.
  • Options
    2 caravans, 1 cup.