Threat assessment with cosmetics

2»

Comments

• bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2022
    53ish minutes in. In regards to turning off cosmetics.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=54m10s&v=KtVUiS7yAHE&feature=youtu.be
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Thank you thank you! Noaani seemed sure so I figured it had to be somewhere. I feel much better discussing with that question answered.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Thank you thank you! Noaani seemed sure so I figured it had to be somewhere. I feel much better discussing with that question answered.

Your welcome. Took a minute as it is hidden under another link on the pvp page.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 2022

To be fair, I am the first to say "find the first party source" rather than listening to anyone. Myself included.

I just don't have the time to go hunting for it myself. In fact, my time is so short (or, more specifically, my time is always being used to perform multiple tasks) that I've not listened to the above link as yet, and am just assuming it is the discussion I remember - or at least the livestream part of the forum discussion I remember.

The part that annoys me is that while I do want to see armor types in game, I do agree with his reasoning. This is why I consider the icon thing to be a middle ground rather than anything else.

I'm not happy about it, but I also don't have a better solution based on the parameters.
  • HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Noaani wrote: »
    *snip*.

To paraphrase, ‘no there will not be an option to turn off player cosmetics, the default character appearance will only be used and present in activities that may be taxing on performance’.

So as of now, you are correct in that option not being on the table as a solution.

Tbh I don’t know how I feel about that which is why I didn’t continue the discussion. There’s a big part of me that views cosmetics/transmog as just something for myself to enjoy my character more so I personally don’t care if there’s an option to turn them off. Fashion in games isn’t as big of a deal to me or my circle of people I play with, but I also don’t know many people I play with that distain cosmetics either.

That just puts me at this ‘meh’ point with the topic. The only horse I have in this race is to not split up the populations into different server types.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Noaani wrote: »
    *snip*.

To paraphrase, ‘no there will not be an option to turn off player cosmetics, the default character appearance will only be used and present in activities that may be taxing on performance’.

So as of now, you are correct in that option not being on the table as a solution.

Tbh I don’t know how I feel about that which is why I didn’t continue the discussion. There’s a big part of me that views cosmetics/transmog as just something for myself to enjoy my character more so I personally don’t care if there’s an option to turn them off. Fashion in games isn’t as big of a deal to me or my circle of people I play with, but I also don’t know many people I play with that distain cosmetics either.

That just puts me at this ‘meh’ point with the topic. The only horse I have in this race is to not split up the populations into different server types.

Yep, that's the reply I remember.

If your major concern is not splitting up the population, you can be rest assured that this won't happen, as any alternate ruleset server has also been completely shut down.