Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Suggestion: Player Outfit - Crusaders

Sol RavenSol Raven Member
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
One of the things a lot of fantasy MMOs seem to miss are player obtainable outfits with a crusader-esque appearance or theme. Typically, if you see medieval outfits/armor, they are just generic knights instead of the stereotypical Deus Vult! that myself and others yearn for. I was discussing this on the discord and was recommended to make a suggestion thread for the possibility of such an outfit coming to fruition. Below are references for the aforementioned appearance/theme.

Player Outfits
k14o8whh5leb.png
edgv63lx91r9.png
irpmycbkhmix.jpg
f8gv3bfn1tfk.jpg
hywe0bd27xbt.jpg

Player Mounts
As difficult as it is to find an example of a horse with a holy light/aura, someone has directed me to the already existing "Radiant Horse" mount. I feel this could be modified to fit the theme of a crusader, possibly adding horse armor/barding or even a war banner. Obviously, this is only for sake of reference, to prevent backlash from those who received it as a Kickstarter reward, the edit would have to be significant, but for the sake of an example, that's the best I have so far.

Something else that could be added in its stead (pun intended) is an armored horse with a halo or some other aura that signifies its holiness.
ad1haxxztfmh.png

Player Buildings
oeaaqxncoec4.jpg
zd2ap2n7tyz7.jpg

Player Ships
qmwfxwmr7agt.jpg
fg22sasv9j0k.jpg

I feel like with this sort of theme, you could make a pretty extensive voyager pack centered around this, along with farmable drops. Pavillion tents for a building, some sort of holy light shining horse for a mount, a dog/tiny catapult for a pet, medieval ships and caravans, and/or similarly themed medieval tropes from crusader lore. Thank you for your time, and I hope to see this implemented sometime in the future.

Edit: I must also add that I am in no way attached to the cross, and upon talking about this with someone else, as long as the overall aesthetic matches, I'm sure most people would not care about it's removal from the appearance. Not only would this fit into the game better, but allow for more flexibility in the lore of the kit.

I will also be adding more examples/references as time goes on.

Comments

• TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2022
    Great Suggestion. I could see from the provided references that this could work well in combination with some Human Kaelar Themes to make an awesome Knight/Crusader Outfit that could fit well into Ashes of Creation.

There would surely be a decent amount of people who could enjoy something like this.
  • ThedeadnightThedeadnight Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would love something on this theme, one of my favorites. Best is egyptian stuff but crusader is a close second.
  • Teyloune wrote: »
    Great Suggestion. I could see from the provided references that this could work well in combination with some Human Kaelar Themes to make an awesome Knight/Crusader Outfit that could fit well into Ashes of Creation.

There would surely be a decent amount of people who could enjoy something like this.

Very much so, regarding both your points.
    I would love something on this theme, one of my favorites. Best is egyptian stuff but crusader is a close second.

For sure, the Egyptian style is definitely appealing. Funnily enough, with how much Middle Eastern and Crusaders have clashed/been seen together, the implementation of such a theme would be pretty cool, considering we already have Egyptian/Middle Eastern style cosmetics and lore with the existence of the Vaelune race. Great point I failed to mention.
  • Night WingsNight Wings Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Armor

I would personally be kind of surprised if they don't make any armor that is similar to a crusader vibe to be honest with ya as for Egyptian I think they're similar armor already? check out the link above and scroll to the bottom there's a bunch of images
  • I personally like the history of crusades and I found the theme appealing in general. I can see that some inspiration could be taken from those armors, weapons and outfits, but crosses and other signs which are related to the christianity would be reasoable to leave out.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?