Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which creature do you want added to the game

Comments

• Options
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    I would like to see a leviathan level creature that roams the world peacefully not meant to be killed but is instead considered an ancient or god of some sort that can be talked to but it irritable and kind of a dick. IE kills you if you annoy it but generally does its own thing.

Sounds like a GM :smiley:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Pelicans suck btw. You know that right?

I feel like something similar to this would change your mind. ecoz3jp0l8ca.jpg
  • Options
    Would love to see some badass looking demons, especially if they can be nostalgic like the ones from Warcraft 3 Doom Guard, Hell Overlord, Firelord, Illidan, Balanar, creeps, etc., good times.

qne8fsnich6u.png
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    Oo - beholders would be awesome, @Mag7spy !
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Oo - beholders would be awesome, @Mag7spy !

Ya but copy right :/. I remember them mentioning them in a live stream in directly so maybe we will have a knock off version lol
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Everquest Next had proposed at one stage to have mob locations dynamic to the metrics gathered from player commute paths.

Should a path between two points become frequently traversed the perhaps a gang of mobs / bandits might take over the path to prevent access, requiring a group to disperse them and allow passage through the bottle neck again.

Similarly, a path in-frequently traversed may increase in danger over time.

I hope mob types are influenced this way
  • Options
    @CROW3 This video has great lore on them as well, i love the tower beholder creature (forgot the name) I can imagine some pretty cool raid things behind it and such. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1zdlNwjoKs
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    @CROW3 This video has great lore on them as well, i love the tower beholder creature (forgot the name) I can imagine some pretty cool raid things behind it and such. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1zdlNwjoKs

Thanks, man. I’ll check this out later this evening.

There’s this corner of my library at home where my old 2nd edition books are - still have the Monstrous Compendium in the giant white folder. Always loved the monsters skulking around the Underdark and Abyssal planes. Those nefarious Drow…😈
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited September 2022
    gvrwraoto9gl.png

ih16ayifww53.png

o7val8w8ue70.png

Imagine trying to cast a Blind spell on that middle one! 5 hours later...
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I want some spoopy creatures.

Not sure what they would look like or how they would be implemented but it would be fun if there were some areas that had some creatures there were unsettling to deal with. I thinking you wouldn't be able to combat them with normal means and probably need hide from them. If they catch you, they either debuff you or kill you outright.

Was playing phasmophobia and was just thinking it would be cool to go into a haunted swamp or crypt and have something you couldn't deal with by normal means.
  • Options
    a Brontosaurus
  • Options
    A Snader. A long bodied snake that also has 8 long legs, and multiple eyes like a spider.
  • Options
    gvrwraoto9gl.png

ih16ayifww53.png

o7val8w8ue70.png

love the one in the center.
    the entire creature could be a natural tank buster if it manages to engulf the player.
    The eyes could paralyze or shoot lighting.
    The Green glowing thing could passive drain mana or life in the area.

And if Bosses have multiple hit-boxes
    Each eye, mouth, limp its own small hitbox that slowly regenerate as the boss gets stronger and stronger.
    focus on different parts to lock down certain mechanics of the boss.

Love the sheer amount of mechanics one could implement when working with the eldritch.
    Imagination is the only limit here.
    And that the Eldritch are horrors to behold and fight against.

Not forgetting the open sea.
    044fd5a57792ba7718d58ef0d751d35a.jpg
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    So far I'm surprised that we haven't seen beak nor feather of a Fenix. Considering how central it is to the game's symbology, I'd like to see it, maybe as some major character in a raid or some story quests.

As for other creatures, I'd like Keplies for the sea and Chimeras on land
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Taaku wrote: »
    A Snader. A long bodied snake that also has 8 long legs, and multiple eyes like a spider.

Niiiiice. That sounds creepy.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    BrasilBrasil Member
    edited September 2022
    rq2d0sssfyz7.jpg
    All the classics that are easily recognizable by anyone. E.g: greek mythological creatures, mummies, skeletons, chocobo-like creatures, etc.
    There's no need to go with over the top, yu-gi-ohesque sensory overload designs, a simple fire turtle or water monkey would do just fine. I also have a soft spot for those shining fake jade statuettes, so resin/ambar/jade automatons of anything really.
  • Options

Lol, some ppl fear of snakes, some have arachnophobia... One creature to hit them all :smiley:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Please add a Snuck
    Thats a Snake with a Duck head
    uwu
  • Options
    Let it be mosquitos.
  • Options
    TaakuTaaku Member
    edited September 2022
    Strevi wrote: »

Lol, some ppl fear of snakes, some have arachnophobia... One creature to hit them all :smiley:

Exactly! Something to really let you know that you are in hell right now. lol
    It would coil it's lower snake body around your legs so you can't move. Then it would hug you with all of it's long spindly spider legs so you can't fight back. Then it would feed... Only being interrupted upon taking damage or until it's had it's fill.
    MUAHAHAHAHA >:)
  • Options
    UnderdelveUnderdelve Member
    edited September 2022
    Al-mi'raj!

@CROW3 needs one as a combat pet!

9ofxbv250r14.jpg

mofoq6d962le.jpg

19f7oaampcf1.jpg
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Brasil wrote: »
    rq2d0sssfyz7.jpg
    All the classics that are easily recognizable by anyone. E.g: greek mythological creatures, mummies, skeletons, chocobo-like creatures, etc.
    There's no need to go with over the top, yu-gi-ohesque sensory overload designs, a simple fire turtle or water monkey would do just fine. I also have a soft spot for those shining fake jade statuettes, so resin/ambar/jade automatons of anything really.

é nois
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    I would like to see a leviathan level creature that roams the world peacefully not meant to be killed but is instead considered an ancient or god of some sort that can be talked to but it irritable and kind of a dick. IE kills you if you annoy it but generally does its own thing.

Only if the world is very very big. 75 minutes top to bottom not enough imo. If it were a 2.5+ hour world in a straight line and longer from elevation change slowing ya down, and terrain; then yeah sounds good.
    Irritable defensive creatures can exist in general besides.
  • Options
    Brasil wrote: »
    rq2d0sssfyz7.jpg

Fire turtle? No way dude. Unless it's a fire lizard with leaner meaner more mobile sort of shell it just ain't fire.
    Aquatic sea monkeys sound cool. Like sandy and seaweed colored back with dark belly fir, large feet and hands to swim well, with scaley green/blue spots where people get psoriasis (joints).
  • Options
  • Options
    Succubus
  • Options
    Rando88 wrote: »
    Succubus

egfs1v6eq73r.gif
  • Options
    Rando88 wrote: »
    Succubus

egfs1v6eq73r.gif

Whats wrong with succubus? They don't have to be too sexy... here's an example I found. Idk where it's from

8ctnjgdwpmws.png