Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

ADD Failstate for the Server; Players can LOSE; TENUOUS Balance; CONTROL Power Scaling;

SapiverenusSapiverenus Member
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
Nodes are meant to solve the problem of singular player sinks in the world, and provide some new mechanics.

But the importance of player spread can be multiplied and more FUN than Planned.

I'd like something more interesting like a warfront around big threats in the world to keep them contained/ at bay and enemies popping up everywhere that are great at surviving long-term;
ambushing and roaming like living entities and groups;
hunting to kill;
stealing resources;
et cetera;

to give the spread of players more purpose and reward initiative in a non-gimmicky non-TOKEN non-fake way. . .

Trying to take over things, competing with the players. . . . to the point where entire sections of the world where there used to be Nodes may be 'Owned' by NPCs. They would breed over time. . . set up fortifications. Large weapons such as Ballistas, Cannons, et cetera. . .

A guarded Territory.

ADD a Failstate to Servers. Let Players fail. I have BALLS GOD DAMN IT I DON'T NEED THIS SAFE SHIT.

Let Death be PUNISHING. Let Strategy BUILD the WORLD and TURN entire 'WARS'.
With a punishing game you can balance encounters & systems and worry less about power accelerating and scaling out of control.
Those PUNISHED will Organize or struggle to get their Basics down.
Those Winning will Lead (or fuck around).
Low Character Progression and High enemy INTELLIGENCE will BALANCE and more importantly be FUN.

Winning servers may be opened back up a year(s) later as part of an expansion OR THE EXPANSION SWOOPS IN ONE DAY AND WRECKS SHIT UP without 'pausing' the Won Servers.

LOST servers Shutdown and RESET.
NEW servers have Low Max-Logged-In-Chars, Max 1-Char-per-Account, and Max 1-Account-per-Server.
Especially at START. . . 8k char & 8k accounts, gradually up to 15k chars & 25k accounts after a month.

Legacies may be written and available online similar to how Dwarf Fortress has Legacy mode to see the history of the world. This is a History of the World

This may only be available after the server 'wins' or 'loses'.
Player video of the time may be included with the Legacy pulled from Youtube or part of some server-client that collects video/pictures of the server occasionally and based on 'Importance'. Events/ Interactions may be catalogued in great Detail.

DEMOGRAPHICS and "CAN I WIN?" CONCERNS

SERVER DEMOGRAPHICS

PROMPT THE ACCOUNT USER:

CHOOSE: EXPECTED PLAYTIME FOR ROUGH BALANCING.
Easy Fix to: Ratio of NOLIFERS to 4 WIFEs 12 KIDS FAMILY MEN.

CHOOSE: [PvP, PvE, PvX] Preference?
Easy Fix to: RATIO OF [KILLKILL, HELPME, HAVEFUN] -ers.

Type in Friends Account Name --> You can Join their Server. But if you fuck up the RATIO the Server will be MODIFIED.

Too many PvE? Increase PvE Threats. Make them smarter. Make them more aggressive.

Too many PvP? You sure? That happens? Really? ok. Game requires cooperation anyway so who cares. It shouldn't be a problem since PvP players are basically PvX for the most part.

Too many PvX? You will all become PvX, in Time.

Systems may be updated; some visuals and audio changed; improvements to dogshit for all Phases of the Game; but 'new story/world progression' would be locked behind progression of the server.

I think a 3 - 9 month timescale on Winning would be pretty work/life/fun balanced. This will be based on the average ratio range of NOLIFERs to 12 WIVES 4 KIDS FAMILY MEN .\

Stagnation is a huge issue and simply having a Failstate to the game would contribute to making a fun high friction game. HIGH DYNAMIC. Cool.

BALANCE CONCERNS

"But the lifers! The grinders! I have 1 hour a day! I'll be IRRELEVANT!!"

If players are need all over, contributing all over to many things, you are man power and wars need manpower.
Economies need manpower.

My suggestion is pretty dogshit if one person can craft 1, 800 Adamantium Swords in an hour after putting in 500hrs to reach that Crafting Level.

If someone can make 1 unsharpened adamantium sword in an hour, being a nearly unbreakable sword doesn't make it magically slice Dragon Scale or Stone like Butter sharpened or not, and spending all your time on Crafting is sometimes detrimental to the Server
BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO STRATEGIZE TO WIN, NOT GRIND but hey it can be great. . .
And often you need to focus on other things just to get to the point where you're Crafting, such as Gathering or Fighting for Resources. . . .

then it's All Good. Epic, even. . .
If it always takes MANPOWER to do something; and Individual SKILL on Execution! Not that Token Skill either; a Higher standard of FUN TO DO rather than Arbitrary ####s and MISSING FUNCTIONALITY.

then no matter how long you play the game you can be useful.

With Gear not the be all end all of winning and survival. . . steel is steel of various grades, adamantium is good but a 900 ft Dragon doesn't care about scratches and won't let you near it without you dying.

PICK YOUR BATTLES WISELY
and
NOT EVERYTHING IS MEANT TO BE KILLED

Killing all the Elephants may piss off the Dragon; since it is its Food Source. Hence the Node is attacked. Instead of having to Kill to Survive, you may need to simply BREED more Elephants or wait until the Dragon finds another Food source.... Seafood?
Maybe the world is populated by all kinds of Monsters and Dinosaurs you should not Mess With. . . and Understand the Feeding Habits and Territory of.

"But the lifers! The grinders! I want to fight! They're too strong! Everything is Too STRONG!"

Many things should be done in groups.
In terms of other players though. . .
If power scaling is more realistic it's the same thing as with econ; everyone is needed.
If combat has many realistic mechanics it's the same thing as with econ; everyone is needed and your skill and group often matters more than character progression.

But softlock that shit. ~Minute, ~Hourly, Daily and Weekly softlock. Intermittent softlocking that follows the pattern of EXHAUSTION. Softlock off-class gains like a mofo.

Game shouldn't be a huge range of underpowered or overpowered Players; and softlocking helps balance everything to an EXTREME degree.

You still have the guy with a 100 lb greatsword but if there's
friendly fire
then he has a NICHE in Groups.
He's been GRINDING and deserves his gains! You can't get to PHASE 2 without him!

And he is a completely different fighter with completely different consequences for Combat Encounters compared to a ROGUE or RANGER.
COMPLETELY UNIQUE.

Let SOFTLOCKS determine CLASS. Attributes and Skill make up a character or person both; it's realistic and practically designs itself!

Ranger gets softlocked sooner than a Fighter on Strength Growth. . . . but Ranger gets softlocked later than a Fighter on Agility and Bow Skill Growth.
Rogue gets softlocked sooner than a Ranger on Stamina and Bow Skill Growth. . . . but gets softlocked later than a Ranger on Agility and . . . Dagger Skill Growth.

It's a predictable pattern and merely needs to be TUNED and ELABORATED Upon.

For 3x the weekly gains of someone putting in ->
30 minutes 5 days a week or so, put in
4 hours 7 days a week or so.

But nothing gets done if EVERYONE puts in 30 minutes because then your server LOSES! DEAD!

BECAUSE THE SERVER IS ALIVE AND TRYING TO FUCK SHIT UP!

You can still get stuff done without your Character Progressing. You still make stuff; do stuff; avoid stuff; help or hinder; be productive or deconstructive. . . . sabotage or guard. . . or simply improve your skill, maybe have some Fun eh?

Point of the game isn't the grind; that guy putting in 4 hours should be Defending the Realm or whatever Grief he wishes to cause other players. I can imagine all the drama to read up on and watch videos of already.

CONCERNS???

"But I just want to chill!"

You can still sit in one spot and do something easy.
Just hang out in the Node and vote for the most competent person. Go to the Secured Resource Collection Zones and put in an hour while talking over VOIP if ya feel like it.
Run to safety when the Gnolls attack; glance back and see your friend die and barely escape (or be the dead guy lol). Hope the Guards can take care of it.

Guards and anyone. . . should be able to get fucking XP from DOING or 'Training' rather than just Kills or some arbitrary "Quest" XP (jfc).
Some people just wanting to Guard the Gatherers will want to play the 'Training Mini-game' while not doing much or Dueling. . . whatever.
There's plenty of room for low-effort and high-effort play if you make it.

CONCERNS???

Comments

• Options
    Can we get a TLDR? Even though I did read it, it's very "all over the place" and all I really got out of this is you want a game that is exceedingly hardcore gameplay of some sort?
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nodes are meant to solve the problem of singular player sinks in the world, and provide some new mechanics.

But the importance of player spread can be multiplied and more FUN than Planned.

I'd like something more interesting like a warfront around big threats in the world to keep them contained/ at bay and enemies popping up everywhere that are great at surviving long-term;
    hunting to kill;
    stealing resources;
    et cetera;

to give the spread of players more purpose and reward initiative in a non-gimmicky non-TOKEN non-fake way. . .

ADD a Failstate to Servers. Let Players fail. I have BALLS GOD DAMN IT I DON'T NEED THIS SAFE SHIT.

With a punishing game you can balance encounters & systems and worry less about power accelerating and scaling out of control.
    Low Character Progression and High enemy INTELLIGENCE will BALANCE.

Winning servers may be opened back up a year(s) later as part of an expansion OR THE EXPANSION SWOOPS IN ONE DAY AND WRECKS SHIT UP without closing Servers.

NEW servers have Low Max Logged In Chars, Max 1 Char per Account, and Max Accounts per Server. Especially at START. . . 8k & 8k, gradually up to 15k & 25k a month or more in.

Type in Friends Account Name --> You can Join their Server. But if you fuck up the RATIO the Server will be MODIFIED.

Too many PvE? Increase PvE Threats. Make them smarter. Make them more aggressive.

Too many PvP? You sure? That happens? Really? ok. Game requires cooperation anyway so who cares. It shouldn't be a problem since PvP players are basically PvX for the most part.

Systems may be updated; some visuals and audio changed; improvements to dogshit for all Phases of the Game; but 'new story/world progression' would be locked behind progression of the server.

I think a 3 - 9 month timescale on Winning would be pretty work/life/fun balanced. This will be based on the average ratio range of NOLIFERs to 12 WIVES 4 KIDS FAMILY MEN .

Legacies may be written and available online similar to how Dwarf Fortress has Legacy mode to see the history of the world.

Player video of the time may be included with the Legacy pulled from Youtube or part of some server-client that collects video/pictures of the server occasionally and based on 'Importance'. Events/ Interactions may be catalogued in great Detail.

Stagnation is a huge issue and simply having a Failstate to the game would contribute to making a fun high friction game. HIGH DYNAMIC. Cool.

Concerns?

If players are need all over, contributing all over to many things, you are man power and wars need manpower.
    Economies need manpower.

My suggestion is pretty dogshit if one person can craft 1, 800 Adamantium Swords in an hour after putting in 500hrs to reach that Crafting Level.

If someone can make 1 unsharpened adamantium sword in an hour, being a nearly unbreakable sword doesn't make it magically slice Dragon Scale or Stone like Butter sharpened or not, and spending all your time on Crafting is sometimes detrimental to the Server
    And often you need to focus on other things just to get to the point where you're Crafting, such as Gathering or Fighting for Resources. . . .

If it always takes MANPOWER to do something; and Individual SKILL on Execution! Not that Token Skill either; a Higher standard of FUN TO DO rather than Arbitrary ####s and MISSING FUNCTIONALITY.

With Gear not the be all end all of winning and survival. . . steel is steel of various grades, adamantium is good but a 900 ft Dragon doesn't care about scratches and won't let you near it without you dying.

Maybe you're not meant to kill all the Elephants and actually start Breeding them to FEED THE DRAGON or. . . die? Maybe it simply Eats SEA CREATURES and will Leave you Alone? Maybe the world is populated by all kinds of Monsters and Dinosaurs you should not Mess With. . .

"But the lifers! The grinders! I want to fight! They're too strong! Everything is Too STRONG!"

If power scaling is more realistic it's the same thing as with econ.
    If combat has many realistic mechanics it's the same thing as with econ.

But softlock that shit. ~Minute, ~Hourly, Daily and Weekly softlock. Intermittent softlocking that follows the pattern of EXHAUSTION. Softlock off-class gains like a mofo.

Game shouldn't be a huge range of underpowered or overpowered Players; and softlocking helps balance everything to an EXTREME degree.

friendly fire

He's been GRINDING and deserves his gains! You can't get to PHASE 2 without him!

For 3x the weekly gains of someone putting in 30 minutes 5 days a week or so, you need to put in 4 hours 7 days a week or some crap. But nothing gets done if EVERYONE puts in 30 minutes ---> then your server LOSES! DEAD! BECAUSE THE SERVER IS ALIVE AND TRYING TO FUCK SHIT UP!

You can still get stuff done without your Character Progressing. You still make stuff; do stuff; avoid stuff; help or hinder; be productive or deconstructive. . . . sabotage or guard. . . or simply improve your skill, maybe have some Fun eh?

Point of the game isn't the grind; that guy putting in 4 hours should be Defending the Realm or whatever Grief he wishes to cause other players. I can imagine all the drama to read up on and watch videos of already.

Just hang out in the Node and vote for the most competent person. Go to the Secured Resource Collection Zones and put in an hour while talking over VOIP if ya feel like it.
    Run to safety when the Gnolls attack; glance back and see your friend die and barely escape (or be the dead guy lol). Hope the Guards can take care of it.

Guards and anyone. . . should be able to get fucking XP from DOING or 'Training' rather than just Kills or some arbitrary "Quest" XP (jfc).
    Some people just wanting to Guard the Gatherers will want to play the 'Training Mini-game' while not doing much or Dueling. . . whatever.

CONCERNS???

This is - without a doubt - the worst formatted post I have ever seen in my life.

The only thing I understand is at the end I am being asked if I have concerns. I have many concerns, but right now they are all in relation to the post formatting.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    @Noaani
    It does not suit the eyes of a bot coder
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Can we get a TLDR? Even though I did read it, it's very "all over the place" and all I really got out of this is you want a game that is exceedingly hardcore gameplay of some sort?

I don't think any of what I suggest is very good on its own, but a "plan" when put together.

---> Edited it a bit
  • Options
    Noaani
    It does not suit the eyes of a bot coder.

So, just to be clear, anyone that thinks your post (as I quoted it) is a mess to read is - in your mind - a "bit coder"?
  • Options
    9l61pke9ufg6.png
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Noaani wrote: »
    Noaani
    It does not suit the eyes of a bot coder.

So, just to be clear, anyone that thinks your post (as I quoted it) is a mess to read is - in your mind - a "bit coder"?

Just to be clear: Who is it I've accused of being a botter in the DPS Mega Thread?
  • Options
    My suggestion is pretty dogshit

Found the TLDR

• Options
    @Biccus
    I expected this when writing it
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Okay so you want a large scale war which changes through the current server condition so that it's always challenging and adapting to the players strategies.

yrt16aj8xrgj.gif

Which will take away from the node and castle sieges we already have, and you want people who lose to have all their progress taken away with a reset and have the server shut down. Making it a non-persistent world.

And you want to redesign the crafting dynamic and by extension the economic layout of ashes.

So TLDR you want a game that isn't ashes of creation.

So glad I struggled through all that.

zyujbv3zn5hz.png
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    @Natasha
    Some sort of "Accelerated Start" in New Servers [if said players have lost before] would be good. Not a great acceleration but a small one.
    I'm suggesting it's non-persistent if they lose, yes. Besides the Legacy left behind.

The change to crafting dynamic you'll have to elaborate on since I'm not sure what you're referring to, and why you are attached to it.
  • Options
    Just to be clear: Who is it I've accused of being a botter in the DPS Mega Thread?
    Please try to contain your inane bullshit to within the thread that you spurt it.
  • Options
    Natasha wrote: »
    Okay so you want a large scale war which changes through the current server condition so that it's always challenging and adapting to the players strategies.

yrt16aj8xrgj.gif

Which will take away from the node and castle sieges we already have, and you want people who lose to have all their progress taken away with a reset and have the server shut down. Making it a non-persistent world.

And you want to redesign the crafting dynamic and by extension the economic layout of ashes.

zyujbv3zn5hz.png

Can you maybe stop adding random gifs/pictures to every post and changing the color? Would be very nice of you. Don't want to always scroll trough some non readable post or anime stuff that doesn't belong here.

@OP: please fix your formatting
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    @Garrtok
    I tried. I think it looks pretty good.

EDIT: Why'd you quote them lol
    I tried more formatting changes.
  • Options
    @Noaani
    Then don't act dumb
  • Options
    Noaani
    Then don't act dumb
    Me being dumb?

All I've done in this thread is call out the absolutely horrid formatting of the OP. To be clear, basically every person that has posted in this thread has had issues with the formatting of the OP.

Seriously, stick to default basically everything. Most things are optimized for ease of reading in all cases. Standard formatting works regardless of device type, standard font color works regardless of background color, or indeed colorblindness of reader.

As soon as you start shifting away from the default, you start making things harder for someone.
  • Options
    Does mobile have broken functionality?
  • Options
    Does mobile have broken functionality?

It has less functionality.
  • Options
    Am I understanding this right: AoC is about each server being different and players determining the history of each server and now you want to have server 'wins and losses' and then the server gets reset and everyone loses their progress? Making suggestions for the game is one thing but trying to change it entirely and going against what the game is meant to be about is just something else.
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    @Scarbeus
    I think this lends itself to "Creating the History of the Server". With less significance, its history does not matter. Failures and Successes mean more; player decision mean more; when there is a win/fail state of the World.
    Basically it's more Epic.

@Noaani
    Like what? Color seemed to work so I assume everything else does.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Garrtok wrote: »

yrt16aj8xrgj.gif

zyujbv3zn5hz.png

Can you maybe stop adding random gifs/pictures to every post and changing the color? Would be very nice of you. Don't want to always scroll trough some non readable post or anime stuff that doesn't belong here.

@OP: please fix your formatting

qwf1sy00tb3e.jpg
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Wow, I have scattered thoughts that i struggle to put together in a cohesive manner, but this is reminiscent of when I was 10 or 11. If you have a spare 30-50 million you can make a this into a polished game, good luck!
  • Options
    AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2022

It seems the TLDR of all the topics he creates v_v"

Again, those are not "bad ideas" but those are not "ideas fitted for AoC". there is not ONE recipe to do a good game, but lot of recipe.
    Lot of people love chocolate cake, not all. and lot of people love strawberrypie, not all. some love both also. But when i want to buy a chocolate cake, i don't want to have it with many strawberrypie part everywhere.

(and yes... this post is an horror to read x_x i don't know what is worse between the monoblock of words and this... )
  • Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited September 2022
    Garrtok wrote: »

I enjoy the dude's random gifs, not so much the colored text, but your best bet is to ignore ("block") his account so you can always click "show" and decide if it's worth looking at his anime stuff posts.
    Original post

Regarding the text you wrote, your work is difficult to read, it has an illegible mix of quotes, "suggestions", questions to the reader, uppercase letters and unnecessary alignments all mixed together and it feels like it expects the reader to share the same ideas/premises/mentality as the writer to understand most of it. The title is not a title and it's hard to correlate the text to the title.

You tried to write an essay and ended up with an unintelligible combination of quotes, sentences, paragraphs and text formatting.

Regarding your "suggestions", I cannot understand why you joined these forums a week ago to share your ideas that basically make Ashes a different, and probably worse, game. I still read your posts expecting something interesting, and I don't want to be rude, but most of your suggestions are bizarre to say the least. In my opinion you should understand what the game is supposed to be, understand Steven's goals and then try to adapt your preferences into the game, without making the game become a completely different (and bad) game.

TL;DR: chill out with the text formatting, you might think it looks good but it doesn't and
    it also makes it harder to read and
    understand
    what you're saying. Take a look at some essay structures
    and try to re-write your post using them, create intelligent titles and also go slower with the UPPERcase WORDS. I'm no English teacher, but holy shit your texts could use some help.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    You're advocacy is essentially Hardcore mode but for a server or seasonal servers, these ideas aren't bad in themselves. PoE and other ARPG games utilize Hardcore systems however these aren't really conducive to the MMO genre, I know classic wow does this when they spin up fresh servers, however these are opt in systems. People want to be able to come home if they need to take a break and see what's new and changed. No one wants to come home and find their house has been deleted. I wouldn't play a game where the retention mechanic is play or we will delete your server.
    2edh26ackfsa.png
    The Wolves of Verra
    are recruiting: https://discord.gg/Rt8G3sNYac
  • Options

hunting to kill;
    stealing resources;
    et cetera;

Trying to take over things, competing with the players. . . . to the point where entire sections of the world where there used to be Nodes may be 'Owned' by NPCs. They would breed over time. . . set up fortifications. Large weapons such as Ballistas, Cannons, et cetera. . .

A guarded Territory.

Low Character Progression and High enemy INTELLIGENCE will BALANCE and more importantly be FUN.

Winning servers may be opened back up a year(s) later as part of an expansion OR THE EXPANSION SWOOPS IN ONE DAY AND WRECKS SHIT UP without 'pausing' the Won Servers.

NEW servers have Low Max-Logged-In-Chars, Max 1-Char-per-Account, and Max 1-Account-per-Server.
    Especially at START. . . 8k char & 8k accounts, gradually up to 15k chars & 25k accounts after a month.

Legacies may be written and available online similar to how Dwarf Fortress has Legacy mode to see the history of the world. This is a History of the World

DEMOGRAPHICS and "CAN I WIN?" CONCERNS

SERVER DEMOGRAPHICS

PROMPT THE ACCOUNT USER:

I think a 3 - 9 month timescale on Winning would be pretty work/life/fun balanced. This will be based on the average ratio range of NOLIFERs to 12 WIVES 4 KIDS FAMILY MEN .\

BALANCE CONCERNS

Economies need manpower.

PICK YOUR BATTLES WISELY
    and
    NOT EVERYTHING IS MEANT TO BE KILLED

Killing all the Elephants may piss off the Dragon; since it is its Food Source. Hence the Node is attacked. Instead of having to Kill to Survive, you may need to simply BREED more Elephants or wait until the Dragon finds another Food source.... Seafood?
    Maybe the world is populated by all kinds of Monsters and Dinosaurs you should not Mess With. . . and Understand the Feeding Habits and Territory of.

Many things should be done in groups.
    In terms of other players though. . .
    If power scaling is more realistic it's the same thing as with econ; everyone is needed.
    If combat has many realistic mechanics it's the same thing as with econ; everyone is needed and your skill and group often matters more than character progression.

friendly fire

And he is a completely different fighter with completely different consequences for Combat Encounters compared to a ROGUE or RANGER.
    COMPLETELY UNIQUE.

Let SOFTLOCKS determine CLASS. Attributes and Skill make up a character or person both; it's realistic and practically designs itself!

Ranger gets softlocked sooner than a Fighter on Strength Growth. . . . but Ranger gets softlocked later than a Fighter on Agility and Bow Skill Growth.
    Rogue gets softlocked sooner than a Ranger on Stamina and Bow Skill Growth. . . . but gets softlocked later than a Ranger on Agility and . . . Dagger Skill Growth.

It's a predictable pattern and merely needs to be TUNED and ELABORATED Upon.

For 3x the weekly gains of someone putting in ->
    30 minutes 5 days a week or so, put in
    4 hours 7 days a week or so.

But nothing gets done if EVERYONE puts in 30 minutes because then your server LOSES! DEAD!

BECAUSE THE SERVER IS ALIVE AND TRYING TO FUCK SHIT UP!

CONCERNS???

"But I just want to chill!"

CONCERNS???

This is the supreme challenge for completionists who want to read every single post. :smiley:

Also a punishment for saying "use the search" on harmless threads. Definitely nothing similar was posted the last 7 years :tongue:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Imagine the no life putting in 1000 hours just to lose the macro and the server to reset for no fault of theirs. Now imagine the guy who loves the game and plays no other and averages 10-20 hours a week due to work life balance. The 10-20 hours guy is likely to show up one day with a deleted server.
  • Options
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    Imagine the no life putting in 1000 hours just to lose the macro and the server to reset for no fault of theirs. Now imagine the guy who loves the game and plays no other and averages 10-20 hours a week due to work life balance. The 10-20 hours guy is likely to show up one day with a deleted server.

I believe he wants a game that leaves emotional scars on people. Still don't know why he thinks reshaping the entire core of this one is the best way to go about it.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    TryolTryol Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's crazy how far NLP AIs have come.
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Voxtrium wrote: »

I believe he wants a game that leaves emotional scars on people. Still don't know why he thinks reshaping the entire core of this one is the best way to go about it.

Maybe he enjoys people's reaction.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Oof, ok... requested 'translation' from Group being placed here for anyone else who has decided to rely on me for whatever reason...

1. Wants an active enemy similar to [Thargoids/FFXI Beastmen/Strategy Game] with the purpose of triggering the human 'band together to win' reaction.
    2. Desires a failpoint similar to the above, but no recovery option eventually, no havens, reason given is Testosterone(TM) and Easier Balance?
    3. Desires limits on new servers in terms of Alts and max logins.
    4. Wants players to indicate their playtime beforehand in order to balance server population distribution OR adapt the server to activity types.
    5. Seems to be insisting strategy and manpower should have considerable priority over individuality when it comes to achieving goals.
    6. Also seems to want ecological effects to provoke nigh-unkillable or unkillable threats (for my own group, think approx the dragons in Royal Road).
    7. Possibly wants more friendly fire mechanics and player Niches? Unclear if it is 'can actually hurt others' or just Monster Hunter Flinch level.
    8. Wants the standard 'skills and stats gain by usage' (FFXI weapon Skill Level style, for my people)
    9. Suggests that those who are too peaceful or cannot play enough should stick to safe things, presumably with effects similar to Elite Dangerous' Mobius PvE group, but without the ingame enforcement.

Seeks opinions of those who have concerns with the above. Specifics of tuning are not given in the original post, but poster seeks feedback relative to it and may provide them if asked specifics related to tuning.

Parser adjustments will be made for semicolons and spread ellipses.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.