Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Can we get third party addons?

I think what makes wow so unique is all the addons people are able to make. I would really like this. Sure you can ban abusive addons like wow does too. But do you think about it Intrepid?

Comments

• AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Definitely not.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Add me to no.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • 2pc7nro5x6uz.gif
  • Yes.... WoW Addons. Essentially the WoW team saying we have no idea what we are doing and are too lazy to do anything that our community wants / don't want to make decisions. So you guys make our game for us....
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Taaku wrote: »
    Yes.... WoW Addons. Essentially the WoW team saying we have no idea what we are doing and are too lazy to do anything that our community wants / don't want to make decisions. So you guys make our game for us....

This is great feedback for the WoW forums ... not Ashes.
  • xlx wrote: »
    I think what makes wow so unique is all the addons people are able to make. I would really like this. Sure you can ban abusive addons like wow does too. But do you think about it Intrepid?

8ppymqyqrojh.png
  • novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    No Add-ons. No Parsing, No Log readers.
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • No.
  • Well, that's pretty much decided.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tnrvk5klmosn.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Even Blizzard has admitted that addons mess up their ability to make dungeon and raid fights
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No.
  • No
  • ScarbeusScarbeus Member
    edited September 2022
    Think of it like this, there are two types of third party addons:

The type which is so popular it should be an in-game feature anyway (this is usually something like addons that you can alter your UI with).

And the type that kinda ruins what the game is about yet people want anyway because it makes everything so easy (e.g. Questie in WoW, I'll admit I used it in Classic but it goes against the whole point of searching for things when it's marked on your map for you).

It's best to just make sure all the features the game needs are available to players already, same as the first type of addon, and make sure addons are never allowed or you'll get plenty of the second type.
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • My suggestion would be to figure out what addons you loved in world of warcraft, see if that is a feature in this game, and if it's not you should then make a thread asking for it as a feature.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Like to know what addons were being considered before an agree or disagree
  • no
  • If game security were guaranteed (which it really can not be) then crowdsourcing elements (addons) would be fine, otherwise, no, but only due to security concerns/abuse.
  • xlxxlx Member
    edited September 2022
    akabear wrote: »
    Like to know what addons were being considered before an agree or disagree
    I used a ton addons. From CT mod to xperl, Grid 2, Prat, dbm, details, Autobar, KOS, spy, titan panel, eaves drop, ARC HUD (this would be awesome) Tradeskillmaster and a lot more ;D. None of them give you a combat advantage other than seeing things better. Maybe spy does a little for detecting invisible players but no problem if this would be banned and dbm sure.

But hey, Tradeskillmaster is so immensely helpful with crafting and AH.
    Prat is great to manage the chat
    Grid 2 is great to have an overview of the Raid and for healing
    Details is just a Damage meter
    Titan Panel is for showing Ammo, Gold, Guildmembers, Bagspace and Stuff like that in a bar
    Autobar is a actionbar with dropdown functionality - great for potions and stuff.
    Eaves Drop is a combat log
    CT just enables more options
    xperl is a Healthbar UI-addon
    ARC Hud is a Healthbar display in an arc around your character
    KOS (Kill on sight) alerts you when a player you added there is around

Nothing of this gives you an advantage in a fight. Just makes it easier to stay on top of things outside a fight.
  • Noaani is about to hyp this
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    xlx wrote: »

8ppymqyqrojh.png

• xlx wrote: »
    I used a ton addons. From CT mod to xperl, Grid 2, Prat, dbm, details, Autobar, KOS, spy, titan panel, eaves drop, ARC HUD (this would be awesome) Tradeskillmaster and a lot more ;D.

With that long laundry list, I start to wonder if you're actually playing the game, @xlx?

Or, are you letting the add-ons play the game for you?

• With that long laundry list, I start to wonder if you're actually playing the game, xlx?

Or, are you letting the add-ons play the game for you?
    Thought the exact same thing. That really doesn't sound like a game at that point.
  • People will do anything to get a advantage over other people and make the game as easy as possible for them.
  • And Steven wants us to be friends. :smile:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!