Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, June 30, 2023 at 11am Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited July 2023 in Announcements
06_QA_1920.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream featuring Alpha Two Freehold Updates will be Friday, June 30, 2023 at 11am Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Similar to our past streams, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer during the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below - the more direct, and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)! Submissions end Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 11am Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

EDIT:

📺 🔗 If you were not able to watch it live, we just posted the Freehold gameplay segment on our YouTube channel!

https://youtu.be/ZHkMaNWiKg0

🏡 We just dropped a bunch of Freehold knowledge! https://youtu.be/K-OyTa9pgQk
community_management.gif

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited June 2023
    What kind of effect will the tank's taunt have in pvp, if any?
  • Options
    From an audio creation standpoint, how do you plan to make the audio in ashes of creation an immersive experience?
    ojot7y9lidf4.jpg
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2023
    Are there any plans to have mount or battle pet sink, like mounts/pets dying of old age after a few months in order to keep taming/breeding professions relevant at endgame after everyone got their mounts and pets? Will every profession have a Sink associated with it?
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    VlhadusVlhadus Member
    edited June 2023
    When it comes to building a Freehold in a certain area, do you need reputation or to be a citizen of that node to build in that area?
    www.youtube.com/vlhadusgaming
    slBtfHF.png
  • Options
    PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be a limit to how many world events will be going on at any given time?
  • Options
    ImmortalityImmortality Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2023
    Question: Can we get a retroactive list of sold freehold cosmetics with the building types they attach to? <3
    Signature-management.gif
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    my question is

🤔
  • Options
    EmberstoneEmberstone Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2023
    Will there be aerial mobs we have to ground first and then attack?
    ftcm67938qg3.gif
  • Options
    Any chance we have a cloack and hood costume in the next few months? Last time we saw something like that was in 2019 :(
  • Options
    How many times a year do you suspect that most players will be moving residences, based on player-cities being eliminated from Sieges?

• Options
    LemosFS wrote: »
    Any chance we have a cloack and hood costume in the next few months? Last time we saw something like that was in 2019 :(

I know that's not the focus here, but I fully support it!
    We need something like this in the best archer and rogue style before the sales close!
    peregrinum.png
  • Options
    For people intending to PvP every day, what content is going to be available 24/7, so they always have something to do (aside from ganking randos)? Caravans, guild wars, arenas, or something else?

(I ask as a PvE-leaning player who doesn't want to get ganked by randos.)
    Vaknar wrote: »
    Greetings everyone - thank you so much again for sharing your questions with us, and for tuning in for today's livestream!
    @Leonerdo5 (question)... - Your questions were ones we hoped to have gotten to on stream but didn't quite have time. We'd love it if you come by next month for the next development update livestream to ask them again! ^_^

(Third time's the charm, right?)
  • Options
    DizzDizz Member
    I like riding my horse and let it follow the road and I randomly choose to go left/right/straight when I meet a diversion point then enjoy the view in BotW/TotK, can we have something like that in Ashes of Creation?
    A casual follower from TW.

↓Good youtube channel to learn things about creating games.↓
    Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv1DvRY5PyHHt3KN9ghunuw
  • Options
    DrunkninjaDrunkninja Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When using ship weapons against another ship, can those attacks also hurt players aboard the ship?
  • Options
    Could you give us an idea of the "durability" of a freehold in case of a defeat in the war of nodes?
    Because if the durability of a freehold is low, it will be unlikely to prevent its destruction in case of defeat.
    peregrinum.png
  • Options
    What are some game design or combat choices that have been changed as a direct result of community feedback gathered?
  • Options
    will players be able to have more than one freehold ? or is it set to a certain amount of land per player?
  • Options
    NatepNatep Member
    Can you target enemy player or enemy mobs with heals or buffs?
    I like the idea of buffing the enemy then removing the buffs for damage or converting the positive buffs to negative buffs. Another idea could allow over healing to kill. If you mindlessly spam heals on the tank, it causes them to develop a tumor and die. That way you have to be mindful of heals. It also gives healers the ability to 1v1 by trying to heal or buff the opponent. It also allows the opponent to try to take damage to avoid the over healing.
  • Options
    What have been the most challenging aspects of the Freehold design process?
  • Options
    JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2023
    What languages will be available for Alpha-2?
  • Options
    My question is about religion, as we may have temples in the Freeholds.

Will the goddess of creation have her own in-game religion that we can worship?
    taauiwts4buy.png
  • Options
    Kiwi_Kiwi_ Member
    Did you change anything for your planned dye system because of the feedback you got from the community?
  • Options
    NepokeNepoke Member
    How does IS plan to preserve the visual fidelity of wilderness areas when players build to max density with clashing freehold skins? Attached is a vision of a possible future:
    08jv342clho4.png
  • Options
    Will World Bosses (like Tumok) take part in the NPC sieges on Nodes and will players be able to use a monster coin to play as a world boss in those events?
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Category: Studio Update

The number of job posting advertised on social media has drastically reduced as of late(13 to 6), was there a big hiring month, if so how many people are currently working at Intrepid (excluding contractors)?
  • Options
    HeljyHeljy Member
    Hi ! Will the music focus on immersion (music and instruments related to the culture of the region like WoW) or on general coherence (Oblivion type which has the same instruments regardless of the area / situation)?
  • Options
    -T0Mb--T0Mb- Member
    A question about livestock:

Can a livestock animal produce multiple products at the same time? For example can an animal produce feathers for tailoring and eggs for cooking at the same time?
  • Options
    mrBokmrBok Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If i'm Non-Combatant, Can I turn Combatant before attacking Corrupted Player? 50% Death Penalty Sounds Better than 100% for Green Players.
    f59ll57jllom.png
  • Options
    zaayrzaayr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    is there going to be an upkeep to the freeholds/cities that if not provided will degrade the freehold? something like raw items like wood and stone to keep up the buildings, weapons for the city guard, food for the citizens, etc. these could be done either with quests or paid by the owning alliance.
  • Options
    As a man who has played several MMO's and find myself being over looked for PVP content because I play a tank, please what are you ideas as to make tanking not just a niche for pve but instead a viable option for group/solo pvp opportunities?