Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Imposed PvP and ganking

Comments

• Options
    i wouldnt say its cheating, but its definetely p2w
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    edited November 2023
    Depraved wrote: »

but uness you have things like dailies and you can get double rewards to buy somethign that take as a very long time in half the time, it isnt a big deal.

the biggest advantage will be the freehold if you get one, or being able to buff / support yourself to have an advantage in 1v1 pvp or solo farming. or maybe bard buffs will only last 10 seconds or something, who knows

so its possible than dual boxing doesnt really do much, depending on how the game is made
  • Options
    JC31 wrote: »
    Solvryn wrote: »
    NoxVost wrote: »
    Hi dear community,

I have the question about known so far game mechanics related to PvP.

People are different, and making their fun on different stuff. Killing another players is some kind of fun for them. What can stop an organised group of top PvP players from ganking everything around and thus ruining game experience for everybody around? They are good in PvP, they are seasoned and organised - so no single/casual player or ad-hoc groups can do anything to them. For sure GMs won't babysitting casual players, so there must be some kind of game mechanic which stop group asocial behaviour.

Needless to say that casual players are the base for every MMO game - they are many, they pay subscription to devs and they make the game live.

Acceptance. Accept the fact that someone’s going to kill you and you either learn to just die, fight back, or quit the game.

you forgot option 4....

mass complain at launch or during alpha 2 with like minded people and use the excuse you're a patron until you get what you want lol

Obviously a joke but in reality it's what happens.

Once you implement something, you cant go backwards with it, usually forwards. The drama on the forums of similar discussions and results prove this is definitely plausible.

Just read the threads about flagging, freehold looting, player looting, AC vs TT, floaty combat. It's all there haha
    Neurath wrote: »
    There was a lot of bots and griefers in L2. The company that made L2 never replicated the corruption system in later games and Ashes won't just replicate the system, the system will be harsher. Thankfully, bots shouldn't be enabled in ashes too much (though multi-boxing is allowed) and the open sea doesn't have corruption. Also, sanctified PvP doesn't have corruption. One would hope most PvP players use the sanctified PvP events and the open sea to do the kills rather than gank people who don't fight back.

I still cant believe the studio made this huge promise about anti-botting and what not then go around and say they'll allow multi boxing... blew my mind when they announced it. I guess multi-boxing guarantees more active subscriptions.

Multi boxing is a form of pay to win so they absolutely need to put a little more thought into it than that. The game will lose a lot of soul if they allow multi-boxing.

Steven has already declared it.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Multi-boxing
    https://youtu.be/KtVUiS7yAHE?t=2905

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqisstf1ZJQ

Macro's are supposed to not be a thing but they've gone backwards a bit on that too by saying some macro's are ok
    qt551ednhy3l.png
    ts6ft49n9gny.png

lol
  • Options
    DryadezDryadez Member
    edited November 2023
    Im not a fan of multiboxing. I was on a major world pvp wow server and there was one guy who multi boxed 15 death knights and another who multiboxed 25 balance druids. They use to lockdown cities and there was nothing anyone could do and remember, these were 2 people with the power of 40. A real 40 man raid to compliment their 40 man raid.. was impossible to stop. 10 balance druids were set on auto heal ( a bot program to detect and heal when needed) although he denies it. we stopped trying to even defend against him and the other guilds got bored fighting with them because we stopped responding so they became radio-active and no one wanted to play with them.

If this is the same guy and it may be, the server hes on will become toxic. It's an unfair advantage and he tries to defend it. It's a form of the rich using their money to gain an advantage in a game, supporting this is ultimately support p2w
  • Options
    JC31JC31 Member
    edited November 2023
    Hi dear community,

People are different, and making their fun on different stuff. Killing another players is some kind of fun for them. What can stop an organised group of top PvP players from ganking everything around and thus ruining game experience for everybody around? They are good in PvP, they are seasoned and organised - so no single/casual player or ad-hoc groups can do anything to them. For sure GMs won't babysitting casual players, so there must be some kind of game mechanic which stop group asocial behaviour.

Needless to say that casual players are the base for every MMO game - they are many, they pay subscription to devs and they make the game live.

Acceptance. Accept the fact that someone’s going to kill you and you either learn to just die, fight back, or quit the game.

you forgot option 4....

mass complain at launch or during alpha 2 with like minded people and use the excuse you're a patron until you get what you want lol

Once you implement something, you cant go backwards with it, usually forwards. The drama on the forums of similar discussions and results prove this is definitely plausible.

Just read the threads about flagging, freehold looting, player looting, AC vs TT, floaty combat. It's all there haha
    There was a lot of bots and griefers in L2. The company that made L2 never replicated the corruption system in later games and Ashes won't just replicate the system, the system will be harsher. Thankfully, bots shouldn't be enabled in ashes too much (though multi-boxing is allowed) and the open sea doesn't have corruption. Also, sanctified PvP doesn't have corruption. One would hope most PvP players use the sanctified PvP events and the open sea to do the kills rather than gank people who don't fight back.

I still cant believe the studio made this huge promise about anti-botting and what not then go around and say they'll allow multi boxing... blew my mind when they announced it. I guess multi-boxing guarantees more active subscriptions.

Multi boxing is a form of pay to win so they absolutely need to put a little more thought into it than that. The game will lose a lot of soul if they allow multi-boxing.

Macro's are supposed to not be a thing but they've gone backwards a bit on that too by saying some macro's are ok
    qt551ednhy3l.png
    ts6ft49n9gny.png

lol

The question is do they want hundreds of players multi boxing or do they want millions of players each playing 1 character at a time. Financially speaking you will lose your entire player base if the best way to play the game is to multi-box with 2-1000 characters all in one spot under your control, unethical. Is this the type of crowd they want to attract to their game or do they want people to play fair? If they are going to allow multi boxing and encourage it then you should not have to run more than 1 game at a time. That second video needs to go viral.
  • Options
    Hi dear community,

you forgot option 4....

qt551ednhy3l.png
    ts6ft49n9gny.png

lol

The question is do they want hundreds of players multi boxing or do they want millions of players each playing 1 character at a time. Financially speaking you will lose your entire player base if the best way to play the game is to multi-box with 2-1000 characters all in one spot under your control, unethical. Is this the type of crowd they want to attract to their game or do they want people to play fair? If they are going to allow multi boxing and encourage it then you should not have to run more than 1 game at a time. That second video needs to go viral.

I personally am against multi-boxing, addons, macros etc. but if they want the additional monthly subs that bad then I guess it's up to them. The only logical reason I can think of for allowing it because it's never had a positive result in any game that generally allowed it.

It's why i stated earlier in the thread it blew my mind when they were against botting and scripting but allowed that. It's been a controversial transparent open development lol
  • Options
    JC31JC31 Member
    edited November 2023
    I like Toast a lot more now, she basically said they are going to gather data on it during the alpha and use the data they gather during alpha to fight against multi-boxing. So YES multi-boxing is cheating and you are guilty.
  • Options
    I like Toast a lot more now, she basically said they are going to gather data on it during the alpha and use the data they gather during alpha to fight against multi-boxing. So YES multi-boxing is cheating and you are guilty.

Toast is apparently not working there anymore.
  • Options

How so, and where did you hear that she no longer works there? Curious.
  • Options

How so, and where did you hear that she no longer works there? Curious.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/423054#Comment_423054
  • Options
    Dryadez wrote: »
    if someones ganking you just say "hey stop it and behave yourself"

solved

Or you kill them.
  • Options
    Raven016Raven016 Member
    edited November 2023
    3ymeeoph5ftu.png

https://youtu.be/Zqisstf1ZJQ?t=564

"Faith restored" he said at the end (9:24).
    So when he uploaded the video he already had faith.
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    3ymeeoph5ftu.png

https://youtu.be/Zqisstf1ZJQ?t=564

"Faith restored" he said at the end (9:24).
    So when he uploaded the video he already had faith.

That doesn't mean they still don't plan to allow it. It just has to be under their conditions.. lol
    Whalers welcome, come multi-box lol

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/45151/poll-bonus-dev-discussion-multiboxing/p1
  • Options
    if they allow multiboxing the game is ruined. Why party when you can just pay more and have your own party!
  • Options
    BlackBrony wrote: »
    if they allow multiboxing the game is ruined. Why party when you can just pay more and have your own party!
    Because literally anyone can just kill you? Cause your windows won't do much for your protection.
  • Options
    its only really beneficial if you play the same class and build but you could essentially be several damage rolls in a single group and questing could be relatively easier lol. Imagine playing 3 mages using a trifecta for synergies lol
  • Options
    its only really beneficial if you play the same class and build but you could essentially be several damage rolls in a single group and questing could be relatively easier lol. Imagine playing 3 mages using a trifecta for synergies lol
    If synergies are so easy to execute that you can do them in 3 different windows w/o multi-input macros - that's a whole separate issue of balancing and player skill requirement in the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    NiKr wrote: »
    If synergies are so easy to execute that you can do them in 3 different windows w/o multi-input macros - that's a whole separate issue of balancing and player skill requirement in the game.

look at the status effects for elemental. is it that difficult to apply different elemental effects with three similar mages?
  • Options
    look at the status effects for elemental. is it that difficult to apply different elemental effects with three similar mages?
    Like I said, if this is the extent of synergies in the game - it's a whole different issue, separate from multiboxing.
  • Options
    Like I said, if this is the extent of synergies in the game - it's a whole different issue, separate from multiboxing.

Not really considering synergy of magic schools exist and if you multibox with 3 mages you could essentially be in control of your procs vs cooperative gameplay or random occurances.
    like i said, look at the status effects for elemental schools.
  • Options
    Not really considering synergy of magic schools exist and if you multibox with 3 mages you could essentially be in control of your procs vs cooperative gameplay or random occurances.
    I'll make my point clearer. If targetting those mages onto a single victim, using 3 spells which then do noticeable dmg due to their synergy is super easy - to me this is a problem with the game's skill requirement, rather than a multibox problem.
  • Options
    I'll make my point clearer. If targetting those mages onto a single victim, using 3 spells which then do noticeable dmg due to their synergy is super easy - to me this is a problem with the game's skill requirement, rather than a multibox problem.

lol focus firing is essential strategy regardless. Based on your wording, sounds like you are in favour for allowing multiboxing.
  • Options
    lol focus firing is essential strategy regardless. Based on your wording, sounds like you are in favour for allowing multiboxing.
    There's a difference between "I can press 6 buttons and deal high dmg from 3 characters" and "three people gotta have enough skill to target an enemy and use their abilities in a precise order to trigger a proper synergistic effect to get any benefit out of it".

Even L2 with its macros system didn't let you control 3 windows easily if you didn't use some scripts or several keyboards or some shit like that. And I want Ashes to be even more difficult than that. Especially when it comes to synergies.

I'm happy for mages who have their cute little reactions between fire, electricity and ice, but I'd hope that these reactions won't do nearly as much dmg as a good synergistic chain that requires more skill than pressing 3 buttons.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    There's a difference between "I can press 6 buttons and deal high dmg from 3 characters" and "three people gotta have enough skill to target an enemy and use their abilities in a precise order to trigger a proper synergistic effect to get any benefit out of it".

Even L2 with its macros system didn't let you control 3 windows easily if you didn't use some scripts or several keyboards or some shit like that. And I want Ashes to be even more difficult than that. Especially when it comes to synergies.

I'm happy for mages who have their cute little reactions between fire, electricity and ice, but I'd hope that these reactions won't do nearly as much dmg as a good synergistic chain that requires more skill than pressing 3 buttons.

I'm just referring to the augment of magic school synergy. I'm assuming most mage secondary archetypes could pull it off too. I just used mages for simplicity.

There is ways to essentially make multiboxing easier. Dont technically need several peripherals depending on set up and positioning.
  • Options
    There is ways to essentially make multiboxing easier. Dont technically need several peripherals depending on set up and positioning.
    And there are ways to make beneficial multiboxing harder. Detargetting abilities on both players and mobs. More movement on mobs, so that people can't just face their chars in one direction and always hit their target.

And something like reactive synergy timers that depend on target's actions would put a higher floor on synergies being viable for multiboxers.
  • Options
    if i was a dps with 2 dual boxes, id rather have a bard and a cleric lol
    anyways it doesnt matter too much. people will still kill you.
  • Options
    Raven016Raven016 Member
    edited November 2023
    Cutting trees with one of the box already makes multi-boxing an unfair advantage. Players who have just one box will have to do the boring work while the other enjoys the game, only time to time checking what the woodcutter does. Or do we have to click each time to hit with the axe that tree?
    And summons, will defend us if we are attacked, 1 min afk? Or do they look how we are being killed?
  • Options
    Cutting trees with one of the box already makes multi-boxing an unfair advantage. Players who have just one box will have to do the boring work while the other enjoys the game, only time to time checking what the woodcutter does. Or do we have to click each time to hit with the axe that tree?
    And summons, will defend us if we are attacked, 1 min afk? Or do they look how we are being killed?

i think you gonna have to click each time...
  • Options
    And there are ways to make beneficial multiboxing harder. Detargetting abilities on both players and mobs. More movement on mobs, so that people can't just face their chars in one direction and always hit their target.

And something like reactive synergy timers that depend on target's actions would put a higher floor on synergies being viable for multiboxers.

They could but based on what we've seen with classes, combat and "tab" targeting it's not likely. They want people to pay for additional monthly subs on several account, extra cosmetics etc. Based on how multiboxing works you make it sound like people who have used it don't know how to play games. Come multi box but we'll make unplayable... boy that sure makes it sound like the devs know what they're doing with design choices lol
  • Options

The way it generally works is all the characters and inputs are generally linked to the "alpha" character. What you do on the alpha is generally mirrored to the others. If you harvest something, they'll all try to harvest it too essentially. If you do an attack, they'll all do it too. If you target something, they'll essentially target it too.