Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Around what stage of development do we think the archetype system will be completed?

amalgamemnonamalgamemnon Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I know this is probably getting way out in front of where we are, but one thing I think is super important to have in our minds is that the class we play is ultimately the window through which we experience the game. With half of the base archetypes having been previewed now, I'm curious about what sort of progress is being made on the other classes and, secondarily, on combining a secondaru archetype with your primary to form your class.

Comments

• Options
    probs for 2025 =x
  • Options
    McShaveMcShave Member
    I imagine we would have all primary archetypes tested first. Hopefully we get to secondary archetypes next year.

• Options
    KilionKilion Member
    With the "end of focus" on Alpha 2, all core systems have to be finished, since after the alpha stage the mechanics of a game ought to be done. My guess is that this phase will last 18-24 months from 2024Q3 onwards.
    With that being said; within the Alpha stage time left, I'd say the archetype system most likely is of one of the highest priorities, so it'll probably be done with in the next 8-9 months. This expectation includes the augment system with which we combine classes.

But that's just my opinion with no super secret extra info.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    do you mean have all primary archetypes done or both main and secondary?
  • Options
    Around what stage of development do we think the archetype system will be completed ?

My Guess is -> VERY late 2024 or early 2025, probably. And i mean Base Archetypes. Still then Material for possible Development, though.
    "Secondary Archetype/Sublass" -> probably around middle to late 2025. Maybe later.

Huh.
    Looks like the Alpha (hopefully(?) not(?) WILL take at least a Year or above. While this is a delight for some Testers, i keep my Fingers crossed and pray to Sir Steven and The Others that the Development will go smooth and safely. :wink:
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    McShaveMcShave Member
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Looks like the Alpha (hopefully(?) not(?) WILL take at least a Year or above.

With the amount of things to be tested, I could easily see alpha 2 covering up to 2 years (or more). It wouldn't be a consistent test over that time and would probably have many spot tests.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    ‘Completed’? The stage called ‘release’ and even then they will continue to iterate with little tweaks here and there for a while.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    Apok wrote: »
    do you mean have all primary archetypes done or both main and secondary?

All primary archetypes and the augments from secondary archetypes. With that being said, I think that the Beta Stage will be necessary to do the final balancing on that,
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 24
    *meh*
    I might say... keep in mind, we are getting a Wand demo in one week rather than an Augments demo.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How in-depth can a wand demo be? Got a short wand and a long wand to match the bows?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    *meh*
    I might say... keep in mind, we are getting a Wand demo in one week rather than an Augments demo.

I do, the reason why I think this is realistic is that I don't think that we will get a weapons demo for every weapon once they are finished.
  • Options
    McShave wrote: »
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Looks like the Alpha (hopefully(?) not(?) WILL take at least a Year or above.

With the amount of things to be tested, I could easily see alpha 2 covering up to 2 years (or more). It wouldn't be a consistent test over that time and would probably have many spot tests.

Welp, guess for Everyone who will be allowed to test all the Time, it's gonna be Paradise. :D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Songcaller wrote: »
    How in-depth can a wand demo be? Got a short wand and a long wand to match the bows?

It's an Illumination Demo that has some Wand mechanics in it.

Thank you, Intrepid. Wand Fighter plz.

Perhaps some Artisanship snuck in, Wand Crafting?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Oh right. I do love illuminations and good light work.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif