Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Tuesday, April 30, 2024 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• Options
    XanderSlazeXanderSlaze Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In a previous stream from 2017 Stephen mentioned that professions will not influence stats. For instance, having a high lumberjacking level will not influence your ability to fight with an axe. Is this still true or will there be some professions that can influence weapons/abilities/skills?
  • Options
    SoylSoyl Member
    From a PvE perspective, how do you foresee to engage less competitive guilds in the PvE environment? Limited timeslots will for most casuals be available to do raiding or dungeons. These places will most likely be cleared and killed on spawn by the competitive guilds.
  • Options
    On average how many abilities will each class have? I'm assuming its more than what's been shown in the previews.
  • Options
    Are mounts and the animal husbandry profession intended to have the same scarcity that other in game items and professions have?

According to the wiki there are no listed mount sinks and normal mounts never die, instead they are revived with items from other professions like Alchemy. The Mendelian style of genetics this game is using can slow down the amount of high tier mounts coming into in the game, but as time progresses these mounts will be increasingly common.
  • Options
    Will your own professions have any effect (besides a social one) on which tradable recipes and blueprints you obtain?
  • Options
    I like playing alts mainly for professions. If one alt focuses on gathering will there be a storage system like a bank or chests in a Freehold to transfer those mats to an alt focusing on processing
  • Options
    Can we still BUY the pre-order / alpha 2 ? Would be great thank you!
  • Options
    When will we see the ship/ocean mechanic in depth?
    (been watching pirates of the caribbean and im really in the mood)
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 23
    Given Ashes of Creation is a group based game at it's core do you think new players should bear all of the responsibility of finding other people to play with or do the game systems share some of this responsibility? This is not referencing a group finder.
  • Options
    Some MMOs do not punish scammers and some do, will Intrepid punish people who for example, take materials from people to craft and not return to materials or the product that is crafted. Some games see this as a form of role-playing while other see this as simply cheating or scamming. Additionally, what counter-measures are in place to protect someone who is upgrading another players items and the upgrade fails and it is destroyed.
  • Options
    HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will the corruption system be account wide, or would it be possible to have one "clean" character and one character for the dirty work?
  • Options
    PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Since relics and policies share benefits to the entire vassal network - what benefits are there to be a citizen of the master node of a vassal network aside from elections, tax breaks, and crafting station access? If I don’t care about crafting, being in the metro doesn’t sound important.
  • Options
    MicoMico Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When will we see a developer update surrounding primary and secondary class archetypes?
  • Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    500v500 when?
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    as we are getting closer and closer to Q3 and still waiting on A1 spot testing, are you still confident on a Q3 A2 launch?
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    MorgalfMorgalf Member
    Will there be quick swap key binds for another weapon. For example, using the Wand for single target and swapping to a staff for AoE situations with a quick swap. Will it display both on character, because that would be cool.
    c8ybb18afj2p.jpg
    "The gods do not fear death. They greet death as an old friend. When your time comes to return to the ashes, move forward knowing death is merely one of many paths to a new adventure."
  • Options
    TiloTilo Member
    Are you planning on updating to UE 5.4 before or during alpha 2?
  • Options
    When it comes to the design process for the wand weapon combo visuals, where did the team pull from for inspiration?
    ojot7y9lidf4.jpg
  • Options
    Will there be 32 unique class augments or will some be shared, also will weapon be an augment chose for fighter or rogue augments?
  • Options
    Nate28Nate28 Member
    Will the ability to respec be in the game? If so, will that include being able to choose a different secondary class?
  • Options
    Nate28Nate28 Member
    Will there be overworld bosses that will need to be competed over? Will there be "lockout" timers on instanced raid encounters?
  • Options
    OzijakOzijak Member
    edited April 26
    Can you please give us more examples of siege group summons other then the Summoner's giant golem & Tank's large wall? Thank you :)
  • Options
    What types of combos can we expect for grimories users in AOC?
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Hello again, glorious Ashes of Creation community! Thank you to everyone who stopped by and shared a question with us for this month’s stream. Q&A submissions are now closed, and we’ll see you at 11AM Pacific on Tuesday for our livestream!

twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    I don't know if I've ever commented on anything here, I mostly pipe up during the streams, but I was watching SticQeno's video yesterday and he mentioned you were going do a lighting stream. I put my wife's money where my mouth is and bought a 2 key (thank you Mrs Farbik), so I obviously care and believe in this project.
    I just thought that I'd hop in and copy/paste my comment from his video, cause I think it may be an outlook the devs might appreciate hearing:
    I used to stream DayZ (horrible game, don't buy it), and that game is dark dark at night. I can only make my room so dark and I have to stream during the day so it made creating content on the fly really hard. It taught/forced me to learn how to entertain an audience via +ing charm and intellect, but it made it near impossible to showcase the actual game and gameplay for good chunks of time when I was holed up in a shed cause I couldn't see anything and if I ran around with a torch I would most definitely die. Lighting is incredibly important.

Thanks for the entertaining streams, I've really enjoyed them, and best of luck with the next one.
    Love,
    Infinity Fabrik aka Farbik The Olden <3
    Me like games. Me like fun.
  • Options
    ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    will classes be able to combo skills together with other players in any way
  • Options
    Are Clerics the only dedicated main healers? Also, can you share a little on itemization please. What kinds of stats can we expect to see on gear? Will there be a fair degree of stat customization options with gear?

Thank you.
  • Options
    SweetRizz999SweetRizz999 Member
    edited April 28
    When we enchant items will we suddenly be informed that we have over-enchanted and causing the weapon to be temporarily damaged or permanently destroyed, or is there a progress bar or a notification that warns us that if we fail the next enchantment or repeat the enchantment a few more times and it will lead to over-enchantment and destroyed or damaged ur item?

Thank you.
  • Options
    RakRak Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Hello,
    Greetings from Germany :smile:
    My first post regarding Ashes of Creation since I bought it on Kickstarter 2017.

As we are about to start Alpha2, when will we know the exact launch date?
    I think I speak for many adventurers who would love to take a vacation for the release to play as much as possible. Unfortunately, vacation usually has to be submitted to the company early.

So please Steven, help us :blush:

• Options
    When will you guys be ready to reveal some fishing updates? Where is it on the priority list?