Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Its my view that the game would be enriched by steampunk/muskets

2»

Comments

• Options
    DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA :D
  • Options
    Not a fan of guns in high fantasy games. Maybe because I am a fighter/tank style of player and I don't want people bringing a gun to a sword fight. It may be guns simply do not work in this world. The world that many of the avatars came from was tech based. Wouldn't it be a shock to walk through the portal and find out that tech doesn't work here. 

Shiver walks through the portal carrying beloved shot gun. She is ready for this new world and is ready to blow away the first fanged bunny she sees. There one is... she pulls the trigger and nothing happens. She swears, tries to fix it, talks to it, reminds it of the good days then finally she punches a nearby tree in frustration. It explodes into frozen slivers. She looks down at her blue glowing hand... 

Sweet. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    i can see a point for at least some steampunkines in adding muskets and flintlock guns so there is another weapon for ranged combat then bow and crossbow. The other ranged weapons they could add would be javelins and slings and thats pretty much it

or they add combination weapons which existed historically, like a gunaxe

• Options
    undead have a 90% resistance to all range fire so im fine ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    well then how about a gunmace to crush those undead bones?

• Options
    Enrif said:
    nagash said:
    well then how about a gunmace to crush those undead bones?

Nice try but I have bone grab to stop you from moving  ^^

• Options
    Please no guns, steam punk or any other kind.
  • Options
    I hated the sound hunter's guns made in WoW before they changed it. I also disliked the immersion breaking engine sounds that steampunk things made. I loved my hog bike, but didn't ride it much for this very reason. I'm glad IS are not going down this path. I'm looking forward to the subtlety of the Ashes soundscape.
  • Options
    Sure have a musket, it gets one shot, then you need to spend precious combat time either pulling actual usable weapons or taking time to reload, which should be a good 10-15+ seconds imo.  Muskets are not a practical weapon because they rarely fired strait, often misfired and just took too much time.
  • Options
    How the hell are swords shields and metal armor good weaponry against people who can blow bloody fire out of their hands and summon elementals or w/e sorts of monsters at you?
  • Options
    haha
    Muskets ain't gonna happen.
    I love steampunk, but I recall the devs saying no steampunk in Ashes.
    Probably during the Q&A that Mykkala linked.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Zomnivore said:
    How the hell are swords shields and metal armor good weaponry against people who can blow bloody fire out of their hands and summon elementals or w/e sorts of monsters at you?
    So... you are saying the regular fighter and tank are useless...

Sure have a musket, it gets one shot, then you need to spend precious combat time either pulling actual usable weapons or taking time to reload, which should be a good 10-15+ seconds imo.  Muskets are not a practical weapon because they rarely fired strait, often misfired and just took too much time.
    ... while advocating, nay insisting upon the inclusion of a time consuming inaccurate gunpowder based weapon...

I don't follow your logic... which seems to imply that the only worthwhile classes will be mages and gun users... to which I disagree...
  • Options
    Nanfoodle said:
    I'm so happy this MMO is staying away from steampunk and the racket guns make. BANG BANG BANG BANG!! None stop shocking noise. So sick of guns in my fantasy games. 
    Especially the eastern mmorpgs. Most of them have gunslinger classes.... There's only one eastern mmorpg that I liked until they decided to add a gunslinger which destroyed the whole game. Thats when the population dropped even harder. It's funny to see that the western mmorpgs are keeping a safe distance from adding gunslingers into the game. The only western mmorpg with a gunslinger i've seen so far is Crowfall?
  • Options
    Keth said:
    Zomnivore said:
    So... you are saying the regular fighter and tank are useless...

... while advocating, nay insisting upon the inclusion of a time consuming inaccurate gunpowder based weapon...

I don't follow your logic... which seems to imply that the only worthwhile classes will be mages and gun users... to which I disagree...
    Why insist on accuracy on one point and then ignore it on another? I guess you have your point to make whichever it may be.
  • Options
    Some steampunk elements to supplement the science node would be cool. 

Not sure what I feel about guns. Don't mind them, don't really need them either. 

What I could really use is some big ass weaponry. Like big ass crossbows are one of the under-represented weapons in fiction. 

• Options
    I prefer bows.
  • Options
    I know they've said no steam or gunpowder in the world, but I wouldn't be against some down-the-road expansion or progression where a Science metropolis could eventually make a breakthru :)
  • Options
    I would rater not see guns and steampunk in this game. Don't want to see someone using a minigun to kill mobs
  • Options
    Relwoh said:
    I would rater not see guns and steampunk in this game. Don't want to see someone using a minigun to kill mobs
    Image result for minigun gif
  • Options
    In response to the OP:  I do not wish to discourage any free-thinking or idea sharing, but on this issue I personally disagree with guns in AoC.  Gunpowder, maybe, but never guns.  If you want to make a big bang, then drop something heavy, or if you just want to make holes in things, use a crossbow.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    BearCare said:
    In response to the OP:  I do not wish to discourage any free-thinking or idea sharing, but on this issue I personally disagree with guns in AoC.  Gunpowder, maybe, but never guns.  If you want to make a big bang, then drop something heavy, or if you just want to make holes in things, use a crossbow.
    Yo mama joke right there.
  • Options
    No and thankfully they've said no to this already.  :):)

• Options
    nagash said:
    Keth said:
    Zomnivore said:
    Orks don't even know how to make a gun its all instinct and because of their psychic connection to eachother and the world the guns work.

Magic Dakka is already a thing.
    Games Workshop would have a field day with this...

This is not the 40K universe... (and YES I love my 40k Orks!)
    did you forget about fantasy

LOVE IT!!!

No, my Age of Sigmar Orruks are quite happy!!! ... AND they have NO guns (DAKKA)...  because they are FANTASY orcs/orruks...
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Keth said:
    Zomnivore said:
    Orks don't even know how to make a gun its all instinct and because of their psychic connection to eachother and the world the guns work.

Love it!  (and no, my Fantasy Orcs have no guns...  crossbow yes, but no guns (aka Dakka) ...)
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Keth said:
    Zomnivore said:

LOVE IT!!!

No, my Age of Sigmar Orruks are quite happy!!! ... AND they have NO guns (DAKKA)...  because they are FANTASY orcs/orruks...
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Keth said:
    Zomnivore said:

Love it!  (and no, my Fantasy Orcs have no guns...  crossbow yes, but no guns (aka Dakka) ...)