Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hey there! So hype, need friends, need guild, NEED AoC!

Discovered this game about a week ago and I'm SOOOOOO ready for this! I've been a gamer since I was 12 and I've ALWAYS played shooters. I was obsessed with Rainbow Six all the way through the Vegas series and then became addicted to Halo. I've been struggling to find anything to hold my interest though since Halo 4 (It was awful). My friends all said that MMOs were a great genre of games to get into so that's what I tried doing. Unfortunately, while I LOVE the concept and idea of MMORPGs none of them could hold my attention. WoW was okay, my account is still active but I rarely log in. GW2 was a little better however I found it difficult to immerse myself in it and the community. I did find a shred of light with SWTOR however, I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan and always have been so that was right up my alley and I still play it regularly. I still haven't found THAT game though that I can really throw myself into. 

I heard about AoC and started doing my research into it and OH. MY. GOD. Everything about this game so far excites me, and while it's still a LONG way off I'd love to become a part of a community that plans on diving into this world when it releases. I'm down to play another MMO with a guild if they're active on another until AoC releases. I really just need people that I can talk to about this game lol. 

Comments

• Welcome to the warm community of AoC! If you need a guild we are here for you ;) dont be afraid to ask questions, there are many nice people in here ;)
  • Welcome to Ashes @Sterling47Ag :) If you're looking for a laid back yet focussed guild, then I might know somebody ;) Either way, looking forward to chatting with you about Ashes and MMO stuff.
  • Welcome sterling to ashes 
  • Thanks guys! I'll definitely be looking into the guilds mentioned. I love how active the community for this game is already. 
  • Welcome to the AoC Community! (^∇^) ノ

• Welcome to the community!
  • Welcome welcome, glad to see another shooter convert! 

You have a long time to figure out what sort of guild/community you're looking for so take some time. In my experience, everyone is more than happy to talk to you and share information about their groups (which is awesome). Good luck! And if you're looking for a competitive PvP guild, hit me up friend :)

• Welcome @Sterling47AG! Your username sounds a bit like a gun, but I'll withhold my reservations and give you a shot! ;)

• Welcome to the community!  There was a series of Guild Fairs recently for the various regions.  Forum moderators interviewed representatives of most of the AoC guilds.  If you'd like to watch those recorded streams, you can find them at https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcommunity/videos/all
  • Welcome @Sterling47Ag! More than a fair share of people willing to talk about AoC here I'd wager. 
  • Kratz said:

Welcome @Sterling47AG! Your username sounds a bit like a gun, but I'll withhold my reservations and give you a shot! ;)

LOL That's the first time I've heard that. 47Ag is actually the atomic mass and symbol for Silver so my name is literally Sterling Silver ;)
  • ^ chemistry nerd

<3 mmmm mmmmm
  • lexmax said:
    ^ chemistry nerd

<3 mmmm mmmmm
    Just a little bit ;)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    *welcomes @Sterling47Ag  to the forums by attempting to coat them with a cellulose nitrate lacquer to prevent tarnishing during the coming wait*

Welcome! :smiley:

Gosh, there's so many wonderful new people like yourself with so much energy and enthusiasm, I love it!!!!!

Hmm...what has it traditionally been that's failed to hold your attention ... the community....lack of new interesting content? (Doing the same thing over and over gets to me after a while personally)

And if I had to guess, it's things like huttball that you love in swtor?
    Probably wrong though :)

Welcome again
  • Megs said:
    *welcomes @Sterling47Ag  to the forums by attempting to coat them with a cellulose nitrate lacquer to prevent tarnishing during the coming wait*

Welcome! :smiley:

Gosh, there's so many wonderful new people like yourself with so much energy and enthusiasm, I love it!!!!!

Hmm...what has it traditionally been that's failed to hold your attention ... the community....lack of new interesting content? (Doing the same thing over and over gets to me after a while personally)

And if I had to guess, it's things like huttball that you love in swtor?
    Probably wrong though :)

Welcome again
    As fantastic as Huttball is, no lol. It's the story honestly. It's the first MMO where I've actually cared about the story as I leveled. Plus the community is fantastic, even when it was a lot smaller (it's grown as of recently) the community as a whole was very active with each other.
  • You're hooked like the rest of us. I hope AoC fulfills your wishes. Welcome to our community! :-)
  • Great enthusiasm! Hope we can live up to your expectations. Welcome aboard! :)
    edited July 2017
    As fantastic as Huttball is, no lol. It's the story honestly. It's the first MMO where I've actually cared about the story as I leveled. Plus the community is fantastic, even when it was a lot smaller (it's grown as of recently) the community as a whole was very active with each other.
    Aha! I hope that the stories here keep you hooked as much, and I agree, the community there was lovely, I only met a few idiots in SWtOR, and even then, they were rather well behaved.

Based on my interactions so far, and the massive amounts if work fine behind the scenes by the likes of moderators such as Shunex, DeathsProxy, Sarumonin, and others to keep the community non toxic, has helped to make this an absolutely awesome community so far. :smiley:

• Welcome to the community!  It's always nice to meet another Ag!  They say I can't spell,  They don't realize it's my secret code.   
    Great community here!  Jump right in and make yourself at home!
  • Welcome to the ashes of creation community
  • Crazy it's been a year! I'm still here, I'm still excited and I still love this community! Officially a year closer <3
  • Congrats on the year!  Glad you have stuck around with us. 
    edited July 2018
    Crazy it's been a year! I'm still here, I'm still excited and I still love this community! Officially a year closer <3
    Glad you are still around!