Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The Order of Luminous Levin

MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
edited October 2019 in Announcements
Sept19_Platinum-1920x1080.jpg?h=250

The Order of Luminous Levin is a congregation of abandoned souls and desperate aspirants. Some within the order seek strength and solace in the cold and unforgiving storms, while others merely await the return of their patron - that he may rule the domain of the skies once more.

The Order of Luminous Levin cosmetic addons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from September 4, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until October 9, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that the Groves of Slumbering Shade addons will be removed on September 4, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-08-28-the-order-of-luminous-levin
marketing.gif

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am in love with that building and blue flame
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • VirulentVirulent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm really upset with you @Intrepid you keep putting out exclusive rare limited time to obtain and never can get again cosmetics, things that sometimes only a handful of people might actually have ........(handful or dozens? hundreds? idk, would you ever release some past monthly sales stats, I'd be curious to know how exclusive some things will be based on how many are claimed) ...........anyway, all these monthly things are so amazing and awesome you make me have to buy many of them and ......................I'M LUVIN IT!!!!

Septembers months cosmetics are so glorious, I have no choice but to scoop them all up. This is, IMO one of the best in a while I've seen, but no wait...... I LOVE THEM ALL hahaha. While I usually skip the outfit cosmetics as I prefer to just wear the armor I get in game, not into playing dress up, this time around I'll have to get them cause they just fit so well in the theme and hey, more to show off to the mere mortals without the cosmetic. xD

The Mount, Pet & Freehold particularity stand out to me as just staggering. From what we've seen of artists taking concept art and making actual assets with them I can tell for sure that the artists will just blow everyone away with the storm clouds for these cosmetics.

Suggestion: maybe in game or something, tagged to the cosmetics, on the cosmetics info panel would be a little plaque that gives a number, like a lot of high end collectables have. It would be easy for you to pull that data out, such as time when bought, so on for example; a cosmetic pet, a player could see 1/473 or 289/473. Their number in the production run (who bought first) and the total made (owned by players). Personally, as a collector of things in games, as someone who just loves rarity, exclusivity, one-off kinda stuff, having this feature for our monthly cosmetics would positively thrill me so much. <3

• @Cujo Glad you like them, and thanks, I'll forward that idea along.

Although, something to keep in mind, these creatures and items may be seen in the game as NPCs or worn by NPCs. There also may be other variants of the assets, so they'll get more use than just a one time cosmetic. ;) (We've mentioned that a bit, but I just wanted to reiterate.)
    marketing.gif
  • VirulentVirulent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @MargaretKrohn Yes, I know that, thank you for making sure I or others are aware. The same species may be seen, just players won't be able to tame that creature with our unique skin. And NPC wearing our same swag is fine and cool. Only thing that matters is no other players having the same skin. I know a similar skin with different colors may be used by players. Just some of us will have unique ones so we can feel special. Thanks!
  • Question..
    What are GUARDIAN NIMBUS and THE SHADOWED SPIRE used for? Is THE SHADOWED SPIRE a freehold??
  • TatianaTatiana Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I looooooooooooooooooooooove these items, they're some of my favorites so far, definitely getting at least a couple of them, including the outfit
  • EvoWEvoW Member
    maggiezms wrote: »
    Question..
    What are GUARDIAN NIMBUS and THE SHADOWED SPIRE used for? Is THE SHADOWED SPIRE a freehold??

Yea, I am wondering this too. Is this a dungeon? A type of freehold you can acquire? Maybe a set place in the game itself that will appear based on Node Events? I don't know, but it looks awesome so I hope one of the three.
  • NarysNarys Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Some very interesting and cool cosmetics!
    wtmb2cxjbyas.gif
  • maggiezms wrote: »
    Question..

I assume the Guardian Nimbus is a pet follower skin and the Shadowed Spire a skin for a Religious building for your freehold. Also the Thundering Bolt Beast a cosmetic for a flying mount...
  • maggiezms wrote: »
    Question..

Guardian Nimbus is a pet cosmetic.

The Shadowed Spire is a freehold cosmetic.

=)
    marketing.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    so whats the difference from cosmetic standpoint between a summoners pet and a basic pet?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I thought the Shadowed Spire was a shrine.
    I think it's interesting that these are Kaelar items since they live in the desert and worship a storm god. It makes sense that they pray for rain.

Speaking of in-game stuff. The ring is a copy of a ring that will exist in the game and the in-game ring will grant the wearer more endurance. "grants its wearer the fortitude to withstand any tempest." See, so I'm thinking +25 endurance, or defense, or something. This gives us a clue that jewelry will be part of your gear and not just cosmetic.
    fNX2ISa.png

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2019
    All comes down to how prominent jewelry is displayed. FF14 has jewelry, but if you are not looking for it, easy to miss. If the character models are too "busy" can't really see the need for a ring skin. And nothing like this.
    latest.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • BehagueBehague Member
    edited September 2019
    All comes down to how prominent jewelry is displayed. FF14 has jewelry, but if you are not looking for it, easy to miss. If the character models are too "busy" can't really see the need for a ring skin. And nothing like this.
    latest.png

Unless their fist are crackling with little lightning bolts. Would he painful to wear though...
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    maggiezms wrote: »
    Question..

Guardian Nimbus is a pet cosmetic.

The Shadowed Spire is a freehold cosmetic.

=)

What tier Freehold? Looks to be tier 3 if I was guessing.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    latest.png

I think you'll get a good view on our profile pages. No one will notice it during a battle, unless it crackles with energy like @Behague said.
    fNX2ISa.png