Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Dark Allegiances

MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
edited May 2020 in Announcements
Voyager_Plus.png

There lie no shortage of aspirants looking to change their lot, but what is conviction without strength? As chance would have it, beings exist in this world willing to barter with desperate souls for a taste of their unnatural might. In the end, no price is too great for the opportunity to forge one's own destiny.

The Dark Allegiances cosmetic addons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from March 4, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific and will remain available for the foreseeable future. Don’t forget that the Silver Sheens and Gleaming Dreams addons will be removed on March 4, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2020-03-04-dark-allegiances
marketing.gif

Comments

• sarkadosarkado Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wow, take my entire paycheck why don't you... This is what I have been waiting to spend my money on... So long Steam Summer sale... Hello Ashes of Creation Cosmetic Shop.
  • VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Goodbye money. I barely knew you.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Mine
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Queue the edge lords (Cough* Edelgard Von Hresvelg Cough*) crawling out of their hell holes.

Yes. I am one of them as well
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • xlangatangxxlangatangx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 2020
    Was just about to @ you Nagash, but sayw you commented. Figured you would be all over this one.

IS, Loving the color scheme and haunted/nightmare-ish feeling of these skins. Looking great!
    Was just about to @ you Nagash, but sayw you commented. Figured you would be all over this one.

IS, Loving the color scheme and haunted/nightmare-ish feeling of these skins. Looking great!

This is in my blood so I need more
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I really love this whole set! Fantastic job! @MargaretKrohn Man, I hope I can save up enough to get them all... Nicely done @LieutenantToast for selecting the theme set. Just my cup of tea or coffee (DARK ROAST!) : )
  • horendis wrote: »
    I really love this whole set! Fantastic job! @MargaretKrohn Man, I hope I can save up enough to get them all... Nicely done @LieutenantToast for selecting the theme set. Just my cup of tea or coffee (DARK ROAST!) : )

Glad you like it!

And we're super happy everyone has been enjoying this set! =)
    marketing.gif
    I just have to ask but who's idea was it to make this and can I by friends with them ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Nagash wrote: »
    I just have to ask but who's idea was it to make this and can I by friends with them ^^

It was @LieutenantToast 's theme that got selected, and I designed all the individual items. =)
    marketing.gif
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Looks like I get to save my money again this month ;)

Cosmetics look fantastic but just are not my style so will pass.
    Great work @MargaretKrohn well put together.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Varkun wrote: »
    Looks like I get to save my money again this month ;)

Cosmetics look fantastic but just are not my style so will pass.
    Great work @MargaretKrohn well put together.

To each their own. I am sure we'll have other sets that you like. =P

Thanks for appreciating them though! <3
    marketing.gif
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    O, yes, great work, and for those who like that theme I'm sure are super stoked. Looking forward to future offerings.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

Nagash wrote: »

It was @LieutenantToast 's theme that got selected, and I designed all the individual items. =)

and I am so happy that you did ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Can't wait to see a Tulnar wearing these cosmetics :o They look amazing
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    This is the best set yet and I've seen them all.I need to borrow money to get these but they will be mine. :D
    fNX2ISa.png

• Nagash wrote: »
    Mine

I see a lot of similarities to your characters back-story in the item descriptions. This has @Nagash written all over it.
    Dayuhan wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Mine

I see a lot of similarities to your characters back-story in the item descriptions. This has @Nagash written all over it.

It does have a lot in common, it must have been a sign ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• CreidCreid Member
    I knew I would eventually buy into the Voyager Plus pack (I wanted the alpha 2 key). I was just waiting for the right cosmetic set to come along. As soon as I saw this one, I knew my wallet was about to get lighter.
    Awesome job to all involved with this design! Can't wait to see it in-game.
  • Creid wrote: »
    I knew I would eventually buy into the Voyager Plus pack (I wanted the alpha 2 key). I was just waiting for the right cosmetic set to come along. As soon as I saw this one, I knew my wallet was about to get lighter.
    Awesome job to all involved with this design! Can't wait to see it in-game.

Glad you like it! It was really fun to design! <3
    marketing.gif
  • This pack is the best thing that i have ever seen o.O. I hope it will look exactly like that in the game.
    The only thing missing that i would like is a helmet with a skull visor on it. I imagine the visor would come down when ever you enter combat, it would look so cool.... And of course i bought the Voyager Plus pack.
  • Tamael wrote: »
    This pack is the best thing that i have ever seen o.O. I hope it will look exactly like that in the game.
    The only thing missing that i would like is a helmet with a skull visor on it. I imagine the visor would come down when ever you enter combat, it would look so cool.... And of course i bought the Voyager Plus pack.

Aww, appreciate that you like this set!

A few people have requested more face-covering helmets, so maybe you'll see more of those in a future pack, or as in-game rewards. ;)
    marketing.gif
  • Tamael wrote: »
    This pack is the best thing that i have ever seen o.O. I hope it will look exactly like that in the game.

Aww, appreciate that you like this set!

A few people have requested more face-covering helmets, so maybe you'll see more of those in a future pack, or as in-game rewards. ;)

o.o I hope so !! and if they are close to this theme you should do them :o because.... Clearly you have the feel for it ^^
  • ScootsScoots Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Heyoo...I'm just now seeing this...and it is awesome! Great job to all those involved!

I'm really digging the "Face of Sorrows" helmet and pauldrons style. My question is....aside from this cosmetic skin, will there be actual gear pieces/sets in the game that have a similar vibe?

Cheers!
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    I'm wanting a Divine Retribution pack for my Priest.. Or a Holier Than Thou pack :lol:
  • I love the darker themes cosmetics just wish more would come thru besides undead I missed out on the necromancer deal in Oct unfortunately
  • proxiyproxiy Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Bought the armor and founders uprage just now
  • So I just bought a Wayfarer's Pack just because I wanted to support the game and get testing access. It came with the cloak from this set. It is absolutely wonderful work! However, I am unenthused about this particular aesthetic or the lore behind it. Just not my thing and doesn't fit with the character I want to play. I do hope it can be sold somehow, or else exchanged for a skin I'd prefer. Not immediately, of course, but next year or something when the marketing value of the time limit on these sets has expired (I've worked in marketing, I totally get how this stuff works ;)). I have after all purchased a cloak skin. I would hope I can exchange it for a product of equivalent value, as one would at a real life store.
    Aivlia Torladottir of Dün. Blacksmith, Lucky Wolf Trading Co.
    Imagination is the highest kite you can fly.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Aiveleen wrote: »
    So I just bought a Wayfarer's Pack just because I wanted to support the game and get testing access. It came with the cloak from this set. It is absolutely wonderful work! However, I am unenthused about this particular aesthetic or the lore behind it. Just not my thing and doesn't fit with the character I want to play. I do hope it can be sold somehow, or else exchanged for a skin I'd prefer. Not immediately, of course, but next year or something when the marketing value of the time limit on these sets has expired (I've worked in marketing, I totally get how this stuff works ;)). I have after all purchased a cloak skin. I would hope I can exchange it for a product of equivalent value, as one would at a real life store.

Sorry, that is not currently a feature, nor have they given any indication that it will be.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • New to the community so i'm not sure how you normally operate but i see an announcement that the sale of this package is being extended. I assume it is to cut back on some of the extra work these new packages cause. Would you consider re-releasing some of the older packages during this time or does that come with it's own set of headaches?