Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

make all preorder packs available for a couple weeks

2»

Comments

• Options
    Why not just make a donation if you really want to give your money. Why take something of value from someone else, or are you even considering that point in this request?

I think one creation initiative Intrepid could undertake is bespoke customized items for those who want to make the donation. Would have to be set up to not take resources away from development and maybe even allow them to branch into other areas of development using that seed money. Not sure what the resource dedication is to produce a monthly pack, but a bespoke service would be on the same level and priced accordingly.

Does Intrepid open a gift shop during Alpha 2? Alpha 2/ Beta keys are tied to numbers.

All that said I would rather have a fully customized in game cosmetic system than the monetary purchases. That to me would signal a well designed game delivered to the players. But I do understand some folks want collectibles.
  • Options
    I just gave in and purchased the $250 pre order pack. I am feeling excited, yet nervous. Because I just spent $250 on something I have no idea what end product I'm gonna get. It's like gambling.

Welcome to the Club, DarkSorcerer-Senpai. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I just gave in and purchased the $250 pre order pack. I am feeling excited, yet nervous. Because I just spent $250 on something I have no idea what end product I'm gonna get. It's like gambling.

♪ One of us, one of us, one of us..... ♪
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Niem Lumel wrote: »
    Liniker wrote: »
    @Caww @Jindoshi @Niem Lumel
    Hello friends, a quick clarification on the shop cosmetics.

There will not be recolors or material swaps on the monthly cosmetics as a means to populate additional achievements in game by player characters.

cosmetics are set to be exclusive and that includes recolors, so none will be available to either buy or obtain, they are gone.

Why are you mentioning me? Are you trying to argue that Steven has not lied to the AoC community?

@Niem Lumel

When has he lied?
  • Options
    (absolutely) no.
  • Options
    GalaturcGalaturc Member
    edited October 2023
    Jindoshi wrote: »
    They could generate a lot more cash by offering all the packs for a short time.
    There are a lot of us that didn't know this game existed until a couple months ago..

That would disenfranchise those who have been following the game for a long time and put their faith and money into this project (without even an alpha 2 date in sight). Steven, as financially savvy as he is, knows that kind of customer loyalty is more valuable than a few millions of dollars he may cash in.

Now that we all know the alpha 2 date is near, you desire to access not just the same privileges the rest of this invested community had, but more than what they had, by having access to ALL the unique individual cosmetics they invested in.

• Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2023
    Caww wrote: »
    Why are you mentioning me? Are you trying to argue that Steven has not lied to the AoC community?

You've been around for what? 1 year?

Steven has never lied to the community, if you gonna make a dumb claim like that, back it up with arguments, or just take off your tinfoil hat and go touch some grass 🤦🏻‍♂️
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

You've been around for what? 1 year?

Steven has never lied to the community, if you gonna make a dumb claim like that, back it up with arguments, or just take off your tinfoil hat and go touch some grass 🤦🏻‍♂️

Indeed.

I'm as harsh on Intrepid as anyone, I have no issue calling it bullshit.

I haven't seen anything that could be considered a lie in the time I've been following the game.
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    edited October 2023
    CORRECTION..............CORRECTION.....................CORRECTION

Liniker; You've been around for what? 1 year?

Caww never wrote this or had anything thing to do with that exchange about lying....... it was only thru a mish-mash of the forum "Quote" system than Caww appeared at the beginning of a someone else's text quote.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET THE RECORD STAND CORRECTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your diligence and attention to this reputationally distracting occurrence, Caww
  • Options
    NephleimNephleim Member
    edited October 2023
    Jindoshi wrote: »
    For those of us that feel like we missed out on some of the earlier packs, how about making them all available for like two weeks so we can buy our favorite pack?

Honestly they should open it up. It was a slap to the faces of people to make everything prior to full release "exclusive" to begin with. In essence its saying we want you to whale on the cosmetics because their "limited". If everyone had an equal chance to get them in game to get them then that would be fine but not everyone knew about this game or even had a chance for some of these sets depending on life situations and the creators don't care.
  • Options
    TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can view it as a chance to whale on cosmetics because they are limited.

Or you can view it as a chance to support development, and get a cosmetic as a thank you, since that is what it is, very similar to lots of kickstarter things, you get some bonus promotion for the support.

Either way, if you wanted it then, shoulda bought it then, they aren't asking for as much financial support anymore now that they are more closer to a testable product, they know the huge media blitz around alpha2 will give them all the extra support they need.
  • Options
    SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2023
    Noaani wrote: »
    Sweatycup wrote: »
    Abarat wrote: »
    Niem Lumel wrote: »
    Would not be the first time IS has lied to us.
    I'm curious as to when you think they have lied to us in the past.

Crossbows... duh.

Not sure if serious - going to assume you are.

That wasn't a lie at all. In order for something to be a lie, you need to know it wasn't true when you said it.

With crossbows, it was true that they would be in game, right up until it wasn't true any more. At that point, they told us about the change.

There is "A" crossbow, it's a bow crossbow. Or rather just a bow skin. Ive never heard of them changing or getting rid of the skin? Although if they are going to rig a character pulling a crossbow string back for one skin might as well at some point just add crossbows in my opinion.

I support them dropping all the packs again. However i fear it may be too late for that for now. Perhaps we may be given the option to buy any and all past skins/packs before release of the official version (Non-alpha or beta).

This wasn't a lie, and I am not sure why you would think it is.

I am confused. I stated there is a crossbow skin for bows. Last we heard was at the beginning of Q&A in this video: https://youtu.be/3FxHjg0YgiM?t=4246 So where did you get your info on this? Are you trying to say i'm lying? I'm fine with that, i could always be wrong. Let me re-instate last i've heard rather through official channels is that we do have crossbow like skinned bows. But yes no literal non-skinned crossbows.
    Here is more info: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/APOC:Crossbows#cite_ref-steven-crossbows.png_4-1
  • Options
    Nephleim wrote: »
    It was a slap to the faces of people to make everything prior to full release "exclusive" to begin with.
    So far the only exclusives are cosmetics prior to Alpha 2 release. The next set of available cosmetics and how they are purchased has not been announced but it was hinted they would circulate and be available at future times as well.

• Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    @Caww @Jindoshi @Niem Lumel
    Hello friends, a quick clarification on the shop cosmetics.

There will not be recolors or material swaps on the monthly cosmetics as a means to populate additional achievements in game by player characters.

cosmetics are set to be exclusive and that includes recolors, so none will be available to either buy or obtain, they are gone.

The entire quote is actually pretty strong, in addition to the bit you quoted!

For players who haven't read it, you can find it here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/271565#Comment_271565

Also, nice job finding that post @Liniker !
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    There will be just as good if not better things in game. Those packages were intended to appeal to different people to support the game. Game isn't even released yet, if you think that what they released is amazing and cant handle the fomo.... the best is yet to come.