Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 15, 2017

13»

Comments

• I have a question on going the route of doubling down on the same class. For example... Would a Mage/Mage basically be the ultimate glass cannon? Thanks!!!
  • In the Mage game play video, the mage sometimes had a spellbook out when casting. Is this just part of the combat animations, or is the Spellbook/Tome an equipable(craftable) item?
  • Is there already a thread with "every" question answered? otherwise I would like to something like that. ^^

<strong>My question:</strong>
    Will it be possible to hire people ingame to do things like assisting me in a dungeon or protecting me while farming or something like that in a save way so we don't really have to trust each other for fulfilling our duty?

Example: I say I pay him after helping me but I don't or I pay him in the beginning and afterwards he isn't doing what I asked him to do.
  • We have heard about seasons and know they will be impacting the game world in some way.

Will there be dynamic weather within the seasons? And would that impact the game world as well, such as movement and sight impairment?

Example of weathers within seasons:

Clear Skies
    Partly Cloudy
    Light rain
    Light snow
    Heavy rain - Sight Impairment, maybe movement impairment near "normally" low waters such as creaks (water levels rise)?
    Heavy Snow (blizzard) - Movement and sight impairment
    Light fog
    Heavy fog - Sight impairment
    Heavy Winds - movement impairment on mountains?
    Sandstorms - Movement and sight impairment (desert environment only)
    If this question is chosen... good luck on pronouncing my name... I don't even know how to pronounce it xD (Rhenn would be fine)
  • Class/Skill quests? Will there be any? Like in WoW where a druid would learn a new animal form or a shaman would learn a new ritual... would add greatly to depth and immersion. It feels cheap when learning something new is "30 gold for Slash, 600 gold for godmode".
  • We already know that professions won't be afk based but how immersive will they be? Things that implement a chance to fail or have the player do certain tasks to complete it.
  • Will there be a hard cap on instanced housing in a particular city? I know you talked about price elevation with population and a soft cap due to how expensive it will become, but will there actually be a point where you say, "I don't care if Jamil is willing to fork over 2 billion gold for his apartment, I said no more!"
  • As time progresses in AoC are there any plans to upgrade/update the engine to keep things up to date graphics wise or even expanding the world.
  • Will there be a gifting option for items in the cash shop?
  • About how many servers per region are you shooting for?
  • For servers without a substantial PvP base, will there be PvE or random elements to prevent the server from going static?
  • Will quests have exclamation marks above their heads or will they be hidden until interacted with or even a mix of both? I ask this because you have said in previous Q&As that you want to encourage player discovery and secrets.
  • Game Updates:
    Will you be using massive content libraries in game requiring multi-megabyte downloads every week or
    will you fragment the libraries into individual assets so that only the changed bytes are downloaded rather than 100s of megabytes of unchanged bytes.
    Only the last MMO I was with, had a nasty habit of sending many gigabytes of bandwidth every week.
    On a 2mb/s link....it took days to download.

I knwo over in the states you have 1000 mb/s synchronous link.
    Alas many parts of Europe do not have anything remotely like that.
    Its getting to the stage the download is so big you cant actually download before the next one is up.
    lmao.
  • You've mentioned that crafting will use dials to increase diversity of gear and weapons in AoE, My question is will those dials be a point based "you have X amount of points to spend and you choose where to put them using the dials" OR a more in depth system where lowering a dial that affects sword thickness can increase attack speed but decrease damage due to loss in weight?
  • Will we be able to hold multiple housing? Suppose, I already have an in-node house. Can I still have a freehold in that node ZOI? Can I have freeholds in multiple nodes ZOI? If yes then, would I have to move from house to house to maybe collect revenue or will it be transferred directly to my char's wallet?
  • Because these questions were not answered as intended on May 15th's livestream, the questions chosen will be answered on tomorrow's livestream instead (5/17). Thank you!